HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Pro Style Bags

Old
07-16-2012, 09:48 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Pro Style Bags

Has anyone ever used one of these and if so what was your experience with it. The ones I am talking about are the ones that are a little shorter, lets say 30in instead of 40in, but are a little taller than the regular bag. Pros? Cons? Thanks

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:55 AM
rinkrat22

they are usually pretty well made. the problem for beer leaguers is that the pro bags usually have no pockets. its just a big ass bag. Pro's dont have to worry about bringing extra tape, and a towel, shampoo, shower shoes in their hockey bags. Everything is provided for them. they also dont have to bring jerseys and socks.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
they are usually pretty well made. the problem for beer leaguers is that the pro bags usually have no pockets. its just a big ass bag. Pro's dont have to worry about bringing extra tape, and a towel, shampoo, shower shoes in their hockey bags. Everything is provided for them. they also dont have to bring jerseys and socks.
Thanks for the input. That will help a lot.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah if you don't mind tossing everything in one bag and fishing it all out they will last a lifetime.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
AIREAYE

The Warrior Pro Bag that I have is really good, if you're willing to spend about $100. It has I think 4 inner mesh pockets good for your tape, accessories and outerwear. There are many smaller bag-only manufacturers out there producing pro-style carry bags so it's not too hard to find.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:32 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks for the help guys. Bauer kind of offered the best of both worlds to a degree. I went with this one: http://www.totalhockey.com/product/P...39745&mtx_id=0

Old
07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
AIREAYE

We got those in recently. VERY good deal at $70 or $80.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Stickmata

I've used a lot of different bags, but the best one I've ever used is the Reebok bag I'm using now. I think it's discontinued though.

I tried one of the old Jofa pro style bags a while ago and after a while it got old fishing around for stuff in it. And it was harder to carry than the longer/shallower bags.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Although not a pro-bag, I'm expecting a new bag in the mail today; I got the Alkali CA9 backpack bag. I got tired of fighting my way out of a packed locker room with a giant wheelbag. I felt like I was trying to thread the needle through the tiny locker room door. Hope its big enough for all my stuff. I may have to tetris my gear in there.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:24 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
We got those in recently. VERY good deal at $70 or $80.
Cool, glad to hear it!

Old
07-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Vuronov

I got a Reebok "Pro Player" pro style equipment bag off the monkey a few months ago and couldn't be happier!

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-h...-pro-36in.html

It only cost me $36 and the 36in one is already HUGE! My old KOHO bag had done me well for over 10 years but one day as I was lifting it up to put in the trunk both shoulder straps clean ripped off at once!

With about 3 months of usage, 2-3 times a week, I haven't seen a bit of meaningful wear on it and it has so much volume that I could easily fit 2+ sets of player gear in there if I wanted.

It does only have one small mesh zipper pocket inside for accessories but also has internal skate pockets which is helpful. For other stuff I just have a cheap mesh bag I got at the store to keep the little things that might get lost in the bag.

Can't beat the bang for the buck IMHO.

Vuronov is offline   Reply With Quote