HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks courting Doan

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Lebanezer

vCash: 500
Here we go again....

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...ays-his-agent/

Old
07-16-2012, 02:02 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post

Old
07-16-2012, 03:44 AM
nix at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Kindling for the fire...

Old
07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

Just not the Kings.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:04 AM
AnderFunk

Enough is enough Doan. It is time to make your decision.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnderFunk View Post
Enough is enough Doan. It is time to make your decision.
I do not get the interest in Doan. He skillset is going to be great for some teams but is not going to give us what we really need. Speed in the top 6.

I was okay with getting Nash earlier provided the package did not involve Pavs or Couture. But after seeing the first CBA proposal I do not want him at all. His cap-hit is going to be brutal if the cap for 12-13 is reduced from the current summer cap.

07-16-2012, 09:20 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
Click Here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
I do not get the interest in Doan. He skillset is going to be great for some teams but is not going to give us what we really need. Speed in the top 6.

I was okay with getting Nash earlier provided the package did not involve Pavs or Couture. But after seeing the first CBA proposal I do not want him at all. His cap-hit is going to be brutal if the cap for 12-13 is reduced from the current summer cap.
I'm more interested to see if more "dominoes" fall if/when Shane signs. I don't know if that's going to happen, but it's been so bloody boring thus far. Let's see some trades or something (not just our team but others as well)!

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
07-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
I'm more interested to see if more "dominoes" fall if/when Shane signs. I don't know if that's going to happen, but it's been so bloody boring thus far. Let's see some trades or something (not just our team but others as well)!
Well here is the thing though. Doan is really not going to put any team in the West over the top. Well maybe other than LA. So I do not expect Doan by himself to cause a domino effect.

I agree that the off-season has been boring as heck though and I do want to see things to start moving.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:32 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
Click Here!!

Quote:
Well here is the thing though. Doan is really not going to put any team in the West over the top. Well maybe other than LA. So I do not expect Doan by himself to cause a domino effect.

I agree that the off-season has been boring as heck though and I do want to see things to start moving.
My hope is that a team close to the cap will be forced to make some moves in order for him to fit. So not necessarily a FA domino, but perhaps some GM/vulture action. You're probably right though that his effect may be miniscule.

The trade forum just looks so sad with no signing stickies at the top

Old
07-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
My hope is that a team close to the cap will be forced to make some moves in order for him to fit. So not necessarily a FA domino, but perhaps some GM/vulture action. You're probably right though that his effect may be miniscule.

The trade forum just looks so sad with no signing stickies at the top
Its all about job security in the end. Isn't it?

Old
07-16-2012, 09:55 AM
one2gamble

I would still take two years of Semin@5.5 over 6 years of Nash at 7.8...

Old
07-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
I think most of us here would. I would be ok giving Semin as much at 6M per year over 5/6 years. He costs us 0 assets and we could most likely trade Clowe to make up part of the 6M hit.

The reality is we are not going to land Semin. The chance of him wanting to come here and that of DW wanting to acquire him is about the same: microscopic.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:03 AM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:

Whatever % the cap goes down by, the player contracts all likely take the same hit. So if the cap drops 11%, his cap hit is likely 6.942m

Old
07-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
except semin would be frowned upon by the nhlpa, and his agent would utimately be dropped from the agent union for signing a contract well below his previous contract.

any one that thinks semin is signing in the nhl for less then 6.7 million a year is on some seriously good drugs.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:13 AM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

If Doan doesn't r-sign with us, you guys better get him over thoes piece of **** Kings

Old
07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
any one that thinks semin is signing in the nhl for less then 6.7 million a year is on some seriously good drugs.
It's gonna happen.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
It's gonna happen.
he will head back to the khl before he accepts less in the nhl.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:27 AM
hockeyball

I don't see Semin here.

The only way I do see it happening is:

1) He does not get any other offers of long term deals he likes

2) The Sharks have in fact offered him a 1yr deal like SR said.

3) Semin doesn't get any offers from any other teams with a center as good as Joe Thornton and decides to take our deal, even if it's a lesser deal, to attempt to boost his value playing with JT.

That's a serious long shot, but stranger stuff has happened.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
he will head back to the khl before he accepts less in the nhl.
I seriously doubt that. He'd be there already if that were the case.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
or he will accept a 1 year deal in the nhl, but it still won't be less then 6.7 million.

he wants a long term deal, but there doesn't seem to be many teams that are willing to give semin anything more then a 1 year deal.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:12 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I agree, it would mean he could probably never really return to the NHL. If he basically confirms what everyone is worried about with him (running to the KHL) he'd had a pretty damn tough time convincing anyone to give him a decent contract if he tried to come back at some point. Also, just because he's Russian does not mean he doesn't want to win a cup, and you can't do that in the KHL.

If he was going to run to the KHL, I think he would have done it already. I think he only does that at this point if there is literally no interest, and I doubt that highly.

Quote:
or he will accept a 1 year deal in the nhl, but it still won't be less then 6.7 million.

he wants a long term deal, but there doesn't seem to be many teams that are willing to give semin anything more then a 1 year deal.
If he is willing to accept a 1 year 'prove it' deal, he could very well end up here if in fact SR is right and we did make him an offer. He won't go to a 'fishbowl' team. He won't go to a team without a top center to feed him (since the whole point is to prove he's worth a long term deal). More than likely though, he'd end up in Detroit if that were the case. Frankly, if I were him, San Jose is an ideal place to boost your career.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I agree, it would mean he could probably never really return to the NHL. If he basically confirms what everyone is worried about with him (running to the KHL) he'd had a pretty damn tough time convincing anyone to give him a decent contract if he tried to come back at some point. Also, just because he's Russian does not mean he doesn't want to win a cup, and you can't do that in the KHL.

If he was going to run to the KHL, I think he would have done it already. I think he only does that at this point if there is literally no interest, and I doubt that highly.

If he is willing to accept a 1 year 'prove it' deal, he could very well end up here if in fact SR is right and we did make him an offer. He won't go to a 'fishbowl' team. He won't go to a team without a top center to feed him (since the whole point is to prove he's worth a long term deal). More than likely though, he'd end up in Detroit if that were the case. Frankly, if I were him, San Jose is an ideal place to boost your career.
i'm not saying he doesn't want to be in the nhl, its that he just needs to think about coming down a lot on term. because he is just that much of sour milk right now, that nobody wants to give him a chance long term.

i know it was talked about lots in this thread about semin being a cancer to the team (it may not actually be true), but there is just that persona ringing strongly from every one in the nhl about signing him long term.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Umm .. update on Twitter from not too reputable sources. But then again .. he did get the Vlasic signing (even though amount was not correct on his first update).

Quote:
******* ******** ‏@***************
BREAKING NEWS: #SJSharks contacted Doan's agent this morning upping their bid in a MAJOR way> matching #Canucks 6M per but adding more term
Thats too much money from my perspective. And I dont know about the term but at that rate, anything over 1 year is too much of a term.

Update: The alleged offer is 24M/4 years. Probably not right .. but that offer does sound a lot like DW .. doesnt it?

Old
07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Umm .. update on Twitter from not too reputable sources. But then again .. he did get the Vlasic signing (even though amount was not correct on his first update).

Thats too much money from my perspective. And I dont know about the term but at that rate, anything over 1 year is too much of a term.
but didn't he also update his amount before any one with reputable sources caught on to even his twitter account?

6 years for a 35 year old player? that is bordering on philly stupid.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
but didn't he also update his amount before any one with reputable sources caught on to even his twitter account?

6 years for a 35 year old player? that is bordering on philly stupid.
It's supposedly 4 years at 24M. That is absurdly stupid. In agreement with you there.

Closed Thread