HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse =

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
It is a good comparison.

People here who didn't see Claude play as a junior can't compare them. Claude with Verdun and Claude with the Habs were 2 totally different players.

Claude was oversized for his age in the juniors. He didn't always used his physical attributes, but when he did, he was punishing. As Tender.

Both were killers in front of the net. Both had a mellow, nearly lackadaisical attitude in the juniors. But claude developped his mean streak in the AHL, and in the NHL.
I remember bringing mcphee sr. to a Verdun game to see Pat Lafontaine who was the big story that year. THey played Trois Rivieres and I kept noticing that this guy on TR built wider than tall. He didn't show much that night other than being solid and a bit of a pest, though their whole team was dedicated to gooning it up against little Patty. When he went to Verdun, he was different, growth as a player I guess, but he could go where he wanted physically. I think Carol Vadnais was running the team then. My cousin was teaching at LaSalle Catholic, and the billeted anglo players went there. Vadnais had to get involved when the school called him, something about Lemieux bleeding the young guys dry in poker games. Ahh, the good old days.

I see Latendress as in the mold of maybe, Knuble,Murray maybe ? A big guy who can make space for himself to get his shot off ? I truthfully haven't seen enough of him to have a valid opinion, but I wonder if his strength is as a shooter rather than a mean streak ?

Closed Thread