HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PK Subban being shopped ?

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion

Add Couturier and it still wouldn't be enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist
It starts with Couturier or Schenn for me. Yes, big price, but we have no interest in meszaros and we're not trading subban for voracek. So, let's just move on.
Pretty much exactly the response I anticipated. While it is GM Bergevin's job to maximize the return on a deal, especially when trading a talent like Subban, you do realize that he would not be in the position of relative strength if he's trading him because they can't agree on a deal.

I can understand your POV, LL; however, Paul Holmgren showed this off-season that neither Couturier nor Schenn will be dealt anytime soon.

The ridiculousness of your response, muzion, reminds me why I check this particular sub-board infrequently and post here even less. I think your bleu-blanc-rouge-coloured glasses are affecting your ability to evaluate relative talent.

Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Young players with only years pro and not having great season does not get you long term deals.
Subban's season wasn't as bad as some may want to believe...

Was it a Bad or Good Season for Habs’ Subban?

I really can't see the Habs trading Subban.

Old
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Maybe plan B is to give in and sign him longterm.
I think a lot of people would consider that plan A, with plan B to trade him.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Pretty sure Bergevin would drive PK to the airport himself. Subban isn't a Bergevin type player IMO...He's a pretty no nonsense kinda guy..
Have you ever heard of Bergevin before? He is an epic prankster. He even pulled one over on his GM in St. Louis (Pleau).

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-...s-gm-post.html

At any rate, Bergevin has been on record as saying signing Subban is key for him. This isn't even a rumour, is just very flimsy speculation based on a prolonged contract negotiation. Subban is not for sale barring an overpay.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Striet/Visnovsky + Nino + 1st is not overpayment?
Depends, think of Tavares for a moment. While Tavares>>Subban just think in that principle. If I offer say Eller+1st+Markov/Kaberle+Kristo. I'll say, damn what a big package of quality players for Tavares. You'll say "uhh no"

Old
07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Pretty sure Bergevin would drive PK to the airport himself. Subban isn't a Bergevin type player IMO...He's a pretty no nonsense kinda guy..
Quite the contrary...i think PK is very much a Bergevin type. He's already identified him as one of the organizations key building blocks.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Pretty much exactly the response I anticipated. While it is GM Bergevin's job to maximize the return on a deal, especially when trading a talent like Subban, you do realize that he would not be in the position of relative strength if he's trading him because they can't agree on a deal.

I can understand your POV, LL; however, Paul Holmgren showed this off-season that neither Couturier nor Schenn will be dealt anytime soon.

The ridiculousness of your response, muzion, reminds me why I check this particular sub-board infrequently and post here even less. I think your bleu-blanc-rouge-coloured glasses are affecting your ability to evaluate relative talent.
Except Subban is an RFA with plenty of team controlled years available. and again, its simply speculation, nothing more. Montreal has plenty of options without considering moving him.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:51 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I think a lot of people would consider that plan A, with plan B to trade him.
Well, according to the OP plan A is to sign him short/medium term.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:52 PM
theboss*

Quote:

Lol and your not homer with that garbage offer you made for subban?

Old
07-16-2012, 01:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

While I understand but this isn't really a problem. When it becomes a problem, we will seek a young player with same upside. Not Voracek. In the case of subban, if we trade him, we'd rather add and get a better player than get a package of subpar players. No offense to voracek who i actually like but habs have a chance at 4 1st line talents(somewhat elite) with pacioretty, subban and price and maybe galchenyuk. Trading either for 2nd line talents serves little purpose. Habs aren't loaded with talent with Philly. In fact, habs already have 4 top 60 picks in a deep draft next year, so if someone offered us picks, sure, we'll listen but at end of the day, habs need quality, not quantity. Subban is that quality. With the drafting of galchenyuk, Couturier and Schenn are even less sought after. Before the draft, maybe someone would've thought hard about it, but now, we're okay with staying status quo and signing subban.

Now, if it surfaces that they can't sign come training camp, sure, the pressure is on, but as of now, in July, any offer not an overpayment is pretty much an instant no.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Haddock

The Habs are not trading Subban and only a fool would jump to that conclusion from hearing bs rumors on a dying radio station.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:06 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Subban + Eller

for

Kulikov + Huberdeau
Huberdeau is untouchable and is much more valuable then Subban.Kulikov is also a future top pairing d-man and will probably be better then Subban.You want Huberdea?Replace Eller with Pacioretty and keep adding.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:11 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Huberdeau is untouchable and is much more valuable then Subban.Kulikov is also a future top pairing d-man and will probably be better then Subban.You want Huberdea?Replace Eller with Pacioretty and keep adding.
No its ok. Patches is going no where

Old
07-16-2012, 02:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
To make your life easier, don't listen to any of the proposals in this thread. I would not give up pacioretty+ but I certainly don't blame florida for rejecting the original.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:38 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Close19 View Post
Wouldn't want that attitude on my team... Greatly skilled player and I would love to have him in a few years but he still has a lot of growing up to do in the league.
*sigh* what attitude are we talking about?

Old
07-16-2012, 02:45 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
He's only been in the NHL 2 years.
That's a ridiculous argument. Two years averaging 23+ min a night. He was probably better suited for a 2nd pairing assignment during those two years, but things didn't work out that way and he made the best of his opportunities.

The biggest knock on him has nothing to do with his talent. His experience (or by your assesment, lack thereof) isn't an issue.

It's his attitude. It's the only part of him that needs real work. I can't imagine trying to reign in a 23 year old with all the confidence in the world and accomplishing that overnight. He made strides last season. He made some mistakes. That's part of the process.

If you're evaluation of him is hinged on the Games Played stat, or what he does after the whistle, or tabloid-ish reports from anonymous sources, then there's no point in being interested. You'll never offer what it's going to take to get him.

If you evaluate him while the game clock is ticking, you'll see how good he actually is.

If that's too much for you, then just ask a Bruins fan. They're the only collective that seems to appreciate him nearly as much as Habs fans. Yeah, they hate him, no doubt. That's the rivalry and that's the way it has to be. But they also pay more attention to him than other fanbase in the league, and I know a few that would love to have him don the Spoked-B. But as long he's in the Blue, Blanc et Rouge, they've gotta hate him.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Since we're playing the hypothetical game, how about......

Subban

for

Voracek
Bourdon
2nd

Old
07-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

We'll take Soupcan and give you Gonchar!

GO SENS GO!

Old
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
CharlesHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
We'll take Soupcan and give you Gonchar!

GO SENS GO!
Sure And we give you Gomez for Karlsson !

Old
07-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Krnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHabsFan View Post
Sure And we give you Gomez for Karlsson !
that would be a steal for the sens

Old
07-16-2012, 03:08 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Subban + Eller

for

Kulikov + Huberdeau
About the best one I have seen in here. Not sure if Florida does it though. Probably need to add something...2nd rounder at least.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:09 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
About the best one I have seen in here. Not sure if Florida does it though.
Not a chance they'd do that. Subban may be worth slightly more than Kulikov, but Huberdeau is worth far more than Lars Eller.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Since we're playing the hypothetical game, how about......

Subban

for

Voracek
Bourdon
2nd
No thanks.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:19 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

God how I would love him in Boston.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Call me biased, but Ryan is the "type" of player we'd need returning in a one for one deal, not spare parts. I would think the two would be the centerpieces but the Habs would have to add.
IMO Ducks add in that scenario.

Closed Thread