*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2012, 10:02 AM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Looks like Vasilevski may be staying in Russia this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nhl/...rei-vasilevski
If and its a big if, all works out in London they may have an extra import available

Nikolai Prokhorkin 4th NHL selection Kings, looking to play AHL

Left Wing

CSKA

Old
07-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
If and its a big if, all works out in London they may have an extra import available

Nikolai Prokhorkin 4th NHL selection Kings, looking to play AHL

Left Wing

CSKA
posted a potential move in the OHL trade rumours thread

DeMelo as a London native would be a good fit with the knights and Prokorkin fills an import spot and would automatically become our best forward.

If im Hunter im calling Boyd and kicking some tires around.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Torts

Jamie Wise was on the ice with Buffalo Sabres dev camp rosters, dunno what of it but congrats anyways jamie!

Old
07-16-2012, 12:09 AM
glasses91

vCash: 250
holly **** mississauga born and raised and I only find out about this now wtf!

new owner=new logo and I think its pretty cool! Steelheads definatley fits Mississauga althought majors jerseys were fly as hell. I have a smith-pelly memorial cup jersey but whatever that ***** classic and will be worth dough!

I will for sure NOT be boycotting home opener...

Old
07-16-2012, 03:08 PM
chiller

What is expected of the Steelheads for this upcoming year?
What spots are they looking to fill?

Old
07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

I'm interested to see the finished product of the jerseys next season. Are they going to be copies of the Leafs current set, or are they going to use the blue and white in a different fashion? Maybe 80's Leaf style?

Old
07-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
I'm interested to see the finished product of the jerseys next season. Are they going to be copies of the Leafs current set, or are they going to use the blue and white in a different fashion? Maybe 80's Leaf style?
all they said were that they have taken the colours......

im assuming some sort of variety in the design with leafs blue and white as colour scheme.

who rly knows tho until the jersey comes out.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:13 PM
mcreferee

News???

Has this team signed any of its draft picks? What about our import pick (s)? Trying to follow this team is extremely frustrating. It's mid-July and the website is still just an info screen. Another page on this site lists Bourne as committed to the team, but has "?" beside MacIntyre and Walsh. So whats the deal? Are they signed or not? Is this team going to communicate with its fans or not? Even Elite Prospects has no transactions completed by the team.

There are a lot of us that are frustrated with a number of things...and the lack of communication from the hockey ops side is still one of them. Signings are opportunities to get attention and generate interest... Maybe I just missed it, and I know its still summer vacation, but there must be some news out there???

Old
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreferee View Post
Has this team signed any of its draft picks? What about our import pick (s)? Trying to follow this team is extremely frustrating. It's mid-July and the website is still just an info screen. Another page on this site lists Bourne as committed to the team, but has "?" beside MacIntyre and Walsh. So whats the deal? Are they signed or not? Is this team going to communicate with its fans or not? Even Elite Prospects has no transactions completed by the team.

There are a lot of us that are frustrated with a number of things...and the lack of communication from the hockey ops side is still one of them. Signings are opportunities to get attention and generate interest... Maybe I just missed it, and I know its still summer vacation, but there must be some news out there???
No signings as of yet. With the new ownership there have been lots of changes internally with the team. Almost all of the front office was changed which is why so many things have been delayed. I'd expect signings to be completed soon. For sure Bourne will be signed within the upcoming weeks before training camp. Looks like Vasilevski will not be making his way to Mississauga at least for this season, he still has to finish out his last year in Russia unless they can get his contract resolved. Haven't heard anything regarding Babinstev.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Torts

even the majors were slow and delayed at signing their prospects. never understood why.

Bourne, MacIntyre and Bell should all sign. Dunno about Walsh, he was quite the wildcard pick. Could have selected him much later I hear.

We do need a 3rd overager. Were that player comes from im not sure. Im not aware who has an excess. We might not know until training camps happen and player get cut from other teams.

As for the other import spot id really like to see them make a move for Prokorkhin for London for DeMelo. Maybe even work the trade so Athanasiou comes over. In my opinion defense will be ok with 3 NHL drafted players. Another goalie that can play 30-35 games will come in handy too as i dont think Martin is ready to handle everything.

Can't wait!!!

Old
07-23-2012, 07:37 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
even the majors were slow and delayed at signing their prospects. never understood why.

Bourne, MacIntyre and Bell should all sign. Dunno about Walsh, he was quite the wildcard pick. Could have selected him much later I hear.

We do need a 3rd overager. Were that player comes from im not sure. Im not aware who has an excess. We might not know until training camps happen and player get cut from other teams.

As for the other import spot id really like to see them make a move for Prokorkhin for London for DeMelo. Maybe even work the trade so Athanasiou comes over. In my opinion defense will be ok with 3 NHL drafted players. Another goalie that can play 30-35 games will come in handy too as i dont think Martin is ready to handle everything.

Can't wait!!!
I expect Mississauga to sign MacIntyre & Walsh, but I don't see Walsh suiting up for the team full time this upcoming season due to the log jam at D. It would get more competitive especially if Thomas Welsh backs out of his commitment to Penn State to come to the OHL. MacIntyre has a chance providing he comes prepared for training camp.

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 07-23-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 07:57 PM
mcreferee

Quote:
There have been numerous discussions about the attendance issues, etc. Part of it has been this on-going lack of communication. The team continues to shoot itself in the foot by not sharing player signings, etc with its fans. It continues to miss opportunities to generate interest and keep itself in the news. Apathy has set in with regards to this franchise Flying Fish, Steelheads, Majors...whatever they wish to call themselves. They continue to treat loyal ticket holders like trash and don't share information with their fans. I personally know of a number of fans who have walked away...another sale the last straw. They want to treat existing ticket holders like they sell out the building every night, and have a waiting list of 5000 people, instead of realizing that they should be treating the few they still have like gold. End of rant!

Old
07-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Torts

Quote:
There have been numerous discussions about the attendance issues, etc. Part of it has been this on-going lack of communication. The team continues to shoot itself in the foot by not sharing player signings, etc with its fans. It continues to miss opportunities to generate interest and keep itself in the news. Apathy has set in with regards to this franchise Flying Fish, Steelheads, Majors...whatever they wish to call themselves. They continue to treat loyal ticket holders like trash and don't share information with their fans. I personally know of a number of fans who have walked away...another sale the last straw. They want to treat existing ticket holders like they sell out the building every night, and have a waiting list of 5000 people, instead of realizing that they should be treating the few they still have like gold. End of rant!
i hear ya. season still hasnt started yet so i wont get into my rant but it is sometimes frustrating. sometimes i feel its not a lack of communication rather they take their time with some off ice processes.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:15 PM
NHL Fanatic

Well I can tell you that Joshua Burnside is now officially signed. His major junior contract now goes into effect which means no more cage for the youngster lol.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Torts

Quote:
Well I can tell you that Joshua Burnside is now officially signed. His major junior contract now goes into effect which means no more cage for the youngster lol.
very excited to see what he can do this year. was arguebaly our best forward in the Barrie series. Also looking forward to Goldberg progressing. he's been training with Matt Nichol and Gary Roberts this summer.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:18 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
very excited to see what he can do this year. was arguebaly our best forward in the Barrie series. Also looking forward to Goldberg progressing. he's been training with Matt Nichol and Gary Roberts this summer.
Now there are 2 very high-end trainers! Should be interesting to see what shape he comes in at Training Camp.

Old
07-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Torts

Quote:
i gotta agree with the lack of information

......but i know what the jersey looks like so im happy

Old
07-26-2012, 05:41 PM
NHL Fanatic

The website is up now http://www.mississaugasteelheads.com/

Old
07-27-2012, 01:27 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
i gotta agree with the lack of information

......but i know what the jersey looks like so im happy
Its not bad
Attached Images
File Type: png Ay0GgK-CQAA_ssy.png‎ (437.2 KB, 13 views)

Old
07-27-2012, 05:16 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Its not bad
I think the shoulder patch looks really good.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:28 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
I think the shoulder patch looks really good.
I agree, it would look extremely good if they put the shoulder patch on the front over the fish

Old
07-28-2012, 02:47 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
I agree, it would look extremely good if they put the shoulder patch on the front over the fish
There gunna look sharp no doubt, has anyone seen the font used for the names and number on the back?

Old
07-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Torts

hopefully the helmet, pant and glove combo works out. if it does it could be a very good looking jersey / team look.

on an actually hockey front. does anyone have any news on when bourne or any other draft picks may sign

Old
08-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Crottenham

Thomas Welsh listed as one of the invitees for the OPJHL Summer Evaluation Camp Roster. Looks like he is playing with Georgetown this upcoming season AND remains committed to the Penn State Nittany Lions for 2013-14!

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_52957

Old
08-03-2012, 08:46 AM
NHL Fanatic

Mississauga signs first round selection Damian Bourne.

http://www.mississaugasteelheads.com...elheads/124909

Closed Thread