HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PK Subban being shopped ?

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Deaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I don't see Bergevin caving into Meehan's demands. There's no reason to, as long as Bergevin gets more in return than Subban is worth, which is easily attainable.

That's what attitude will get you. Bergevin holds all the cards here, PK either realizes and accepts it or see you later.
Absolutely agree with the bolded. The Doughty/Lombardi situation was entirely different because of pressure Lombardi must have felt about his own job security. Bergevin, being brand new, can stand his ground - in fact he has to stand his ground. He doesn't want to set a poor precedent in his first "speculatively contentious" negotiation. I just hope the end result is similar to the Price situation of two years ago when he signed in September - a bridge contract at a low figure. Granted PK has more leverage than Price did then (#1 D vs. displaced goalie), and Meehan is extremely good at his job - look no further than Luke Schenn's 3.6M cap hit.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:15 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I highly doubt he is being shopped around. The dude has got the talent and like mentioned any trade could easily blow up in the habs face. No thanks.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
theboss*

I guess the bruins should trade marchan because he needs a reailty check too. Smh, subban aint goin no where. Wishful thinking

Old
07-16-2012, 08:24 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Even Bruins' fans would swallow their pride for this guy on their team at the right price.

Doubt he's being shopped.
No pride swallowing needed. A lot of us love him and wish he was a Bruin.

There are certain things he does from time to time we could live without, but he is a damn good hockey player, and 60% of the time he is the best player on the ice in Boston-Montreal games.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Since d-men usually hold more value than forwards, I would say the cost would be alittle more than The Pens got for Goligoski.

-top 6 forward.
- D-man who can play. Not as good as Subban of course but he has to be able to play in The Habs top 6.
-1st rounder.

On a side note. If I were Bergevin, I would start calling around to the teams who lost out on Suter. They might be interested in discussing a 22 year old top pairing guy....

Old
07-16-2012, 08:41 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post

There are certain things he does from time to time we could live without, but he is a damn good hockey player, and 60% of the time he is the best player on the ice in Boston-Montreal games.

Most hab fans feel the same about Lucic and Marchand. They will never ever admit it but they would secretly do a happy dance if They were ever on the Habs.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Most hab fans feel the same about Lucic and Marchand. They will never ever admit it but they would secretly do a happy dance if They were ever on the Habs.
I prefer these types of posts to the usual garbage between both fanbases. All talented and excellent players within their giving roles.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Parise9Crosby87

p subban for m subban

Old
07-16-2012, 08:48 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Lucic yes in a heartbeat. Marchand I am not too sure about, maybe I need to see an other season like that out of him. A Marchand vs. Subban round 2 would please me to no end next season and it's highly probable too.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:52 PM
number72

Quote:
Since d-men usually hold more value than forwards, I would say the cost would be alittle more than The Pens got for Goligoski.

Top 6 forward.
D-man who can play. Not as good as Subban of course but he has to be able to play in The Habs top 6.
1st rounder.

On a side note. If I were Bergevin, I would start calling around to the teams who lost out on Suter. They might be interested in discussing a 22 year old top pairing guy....
The Flyers, Detroit, Nashville and maybe St Louis come to mind.
I'm doubt that a workable trade would be possible for any of these teams.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:53 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Del Zotto + Dubinsky + Prospect/Pick?

I like:

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Subban
Erixon - Stralman/Bickel

better than:

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Bickel

We could use another RH d-man, especially one with a shot and offensive talent.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Del Zotto + Dubinsky + Prospect/Pick?

I like:

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Subban
Erixon - Stralman/Bickel

better than:

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Bickel

We could use another RH d-man, especially one with a shot and offensive talent.
Subban does not play on the left side + He would be your #1 d-man + no way the Habs take that offer. So no.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Lucic yes in a heartbeat. Marchand I am not too sure about, maybe I need to see an other season like that out of him. A Marchand vs. Subban round 2 would please me to no end next season and it's highly probable too.
Marchand rookie season- 21G 44P in 77GP
sophomore: 29G 55P in 76GP

He has two great seasons, and that's just looking at the stats. He annoys the piss out of everyone and he's a fantastic PKer.

Speaking of PKer, any Bruins fan who says they wouldn't want Subban on this team has to get their stomach pumped. Swallow the pride.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:57 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
The Flyers, Detroit, Nashville and maybe St Louis come to mind.
I'm doubt that a workable trade would be possible for any of these teams.

I admit I dont know alot about western conf teams but I do know that The Flyers have an ton of young talent they could easily part with for a top pairing d-man.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Marchand rookie season- 21G 44P in 77GP
sophomore: 29G 55P in 76GP

He has two great seasons, and that's just looking at the stats. He annoys the piss out of everyone and he's a fantastic PKer.

Speaking of PKer, any Bruins fan who says they wouldn't want Subban on this team has to get their stomach pumped. Swallow the pride.
Yeah, I mean, when I think about it I wouldn't mind someone of Marchand's ilk, but I am just not really sold on him being a perennial 25-30 goal scorer just yet.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Yeah, I mean, when I think about it I wouldn't mind someone of Marchand's ilk, but I am just not really sold on him being a perennial 25-30 goal scorer just yet.
IMO Marchand wouldnt do as well on The Habs. He did well on the big bad bruins but The Habs are a smaller team and he might not have the same kind of room as he does on the Bruins...

Old
07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Subban does not play on the left side + He would be your #1 d-man + no way the Habs take that offer. So no.
... Clearly Subban does not play on the left side since I not only have him on the right said but go on to say that we could use a RH shot with offensive talent. Staal, McDonagh and Del Zotto are all lefties who belong in the top four. Girardi is the only legitimate top-four righty currently in the lineup. A MTL poster said they could use a top-six forward, a d-man capable of playing in their top-six and a pick. Dubinsky is a borderline top-six forward but Del Zotto is a very good young d-man with a ton of upside still. Subban being our #1 d-man is extremely debatable, considering 3 of our d-men finished in the top 12 in Norris voting this season. Where he slots in the lineup is irrelevant. Pairings of Staal-Subban and McDonagh-Girardi would each get about 25 minutes a night, easily.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:06 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Well for one, he won't be traded, and I am quite confident in stating that. But what makes you think he needs "an other" reality check? He's been benched twice already and came back to play godly hockey... he's going in his 3rd year now, I think he's past all the trials and tribulations.
I'm not saying he will be traded this season, simply that it's going to have to happen sooner or later.

A benching followed by an instant return to the minutes and way he was playing before isn't a reality check, and certainly nowhere near large enough for a guy with the ego of Subban. He needs to be villified, fall out of favour amongst coaching staff, teammates, and the fans before he's going to learn how to play the game like an adult.

He's going into his 3rd year means he's in the exact right position to start his decline. He's not going to get away with young mistakes anymore, the trials and tribulations for a player like him are just beginning. Heck, Phaneuf (his elder equivalent) looked pretty good after 2 years, and maybe, like Phaneuf, he's got one more year before reality sets in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3361 View Post
What? Phaneuf is dumb as a box of rocks and he isn't very good despite the wish casting around Toronto. There isn't a comparison.
And Subban isn't?

Reality is -- just like Phaneuf, they're both dumb players with massive overinflated egos. Like Phaneuf, early in his career the raw talent and free pass given to youth allowed him to succeed, and like Phaneuf, he'll probably get the big payday to go with his flashy style. As he gets older, he'll be expected to be more responsible and a better example for his teammates, at which point he'll fail.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:07 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
... Clearly Subban does not play on the left side since I not only have him on the right said but go on to say that we could use a RH shot with offensive talent. A MTL poster said they could use a top-six forward, a d-man capable of playing in their top-six and a pick. Dubinsky is a borderline top-six forward but Del Zotto is a very good young d-man with a ton of upside still. Subban being our #1 d-man is extremely debatable, considering 3 of our d-men finished in the top 12 in Norris voting this season. Where he slots in the lineup is irrelevant. Pairings of Staal-Subban and McDonagh-Girardi would each get about 25 minutes a night, easily.
I am the one who said that and I meant a real top 6 guy not a boarderline one.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:10 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
I am the one who said that and I meant a real top 6 guy not a boarderline one.
I realize Dubinksy isn't the guy you were looking for when you posted that, but I also figured you weren't expecting a Del Zotto for the defense component of the package and thought maybe the better D would make up for the lesser forward. Either way, I see DZ as a less valuable but fairly comparable player to Subban. He's physical and has a good offensive game, but is not as solid away from the puck. He can log pretty decent minutes as well, but not on Subban's level. I figured Dubinsky plus our first or a prospect might be enough to make it work, but I understand if it's not what you feel the Habs would be looking for. Once again, I just think the Rangers would benefit a lot from adding a better RH shot with offensive instincts.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:26 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
I realize Dubinksy isn't the guy you were looking for when you posted that, but I also figured you weren't expecting a Del Zotto for the defense component of the package and thought maybe the better D would make up for the lesser forward. Either way, I see DZ as a less valuable but fairly comparable player to Subban. He's physical and has a good offensive game, but is not as solid away from the puck. He can log pretty decent minutes as well, but not on Subban's level. I figured Dubinsky plus our first or a prospect might be enough to make it work, but I understand if it's not what you feel the Habs would be looking for. Once again, I just think the Rangers would benefit a lot from adding a better RH shot with offensive instincts.
I see your point but personally I would rather have a legit top 6 guy and a 5-6 dman and a 1st or an A level prospect.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:29 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Kesler
Edler

for

PK
Pleks

Kes - PK
Edler- Plek

Old
07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Kesler
Edler

for

PK
Pleks

Kes - PK
Edler- Plek
Not bad at all.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:35 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Not bad at all.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
He would definitely not be our #1 dman.

Closed Thread