HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2012, 07:30 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
So how upset would "we" be as fans or an organization if say the Leafs, Flyers or even Nasville went out & made PK an $7 mill offer over the next 7 or 8 yrs????

Remember, the door swings both ways!!!!
I'd drive PK to Toronto myself. All these picks coming from Toronto, its completely priceless.

We could do like Boston did and rebuild without having to actually lose ourselves.

(except next year because of losing PK. we'd suck next yeat but it would be well worth it and Seth Jones would make a fine replacement.)

Old
07-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I'd drive PK to Toronto myself. All these picks coming from Toronto, its completely priceless.

We could do like Boston did and rebuild without having to actually lose ourselves.

(except next year because of losing PK. we'd suck next yeat but it would be well worth it and Seth Jones would make a fine replacement.)
Burke would be a MASSIVE hypocrite if he did that. He'd also have to make sure TOR have all those picks in hand or they couldn't do it. But sure, let him do it, take the picks and wait for the next big RFA in TOR (Gardiner) and do it to them

Old
07-15-2012, 01:20 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Burke would be a MASSIVE hypocrite if he did that. He'd also have to make sure TOR have all those picks in hand or they couldn't do it. But sure, let him do it, take the picks and wait for the next big RFA in TOR (Gardiner) and do it to them
Yeah it won't happen. I'm pretty sure Burke would offer a trade first and Bergevin would laugh it up unless the return is astronomical.

The team should be built around Price, Pacioretty, Subban and Galchenyuk but if theres an astounding offer for any of them we should bite. Within reason of course, by astounding I mind something that makes everyone doubt the sanity of the offering GM.

Old
07-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Uwey

Quote:

So rather than continue to build with what we know we have in PK Subban as a D-man, we should let that all go & hope for the best over the 7 or so yrs, because that would be how long it would take to get these picks into the system up to NHL speed!!!

Old
07-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
So rather than continue to build with what we know we have in PK Subban as a D-man, we should let that all go & hope for the best over the 7 or so yrs, because that would be how long it would take to get these picks into the system up to NHL speed!!!
it would absolutely suck, PK will be our top Dman for many more years, but are management really prepared to pay PK 7M+ over 7 years? I'm not convinced they are. Thankfully no GM is likely to throw that kind of offer out, and let`s not forget the player has to sign it and cash isn`t the only consideration.

Old
07-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Like Halifaxhab said, I'm not sure it would be wise to ink Subban for a 7M$ contract, that would be desperation more than anything else, like Buffalo did with Vanek, and Vancouver with Kesler. As much as I like Subban, 7M$+ would be a big mistake IMO...

Old
07-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Like Halifaxhab said, I'm not sure it would be wise to ink Subban for a 7M$ contract, that would be desperation more than anything else, like Buffalo did with Vanek, and Vancouver with Kesler. As much as I like Subban, 7M$+ would be a big mistake IMO...
A 7 year contract would include 4 years as a RFA and 3 years UFA.

$5.571 years for 7 years = $39 million

$4.5 * 4 = $18 million
$7.0 * 3 = $21 million

That would be fair, imo.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:36 AM
gol
Rookie User

Here is what needs to be done.

1. Howson is contacted and asked if Rick Nash is willing to come to Montreal, along with Steve Mason. In return they can have
Carey Price, David Desharnais, Danny Kristo, another forward, in the minors, or in the team. They must agree to take Scott Gomez, and that pip squeak Brian Gionta, to allow us cap space, for Rick Nash. They can have $10 million dollars in cash also.
This way we get a bonafide, power forward, all-star in exchange really for that super "bum" Price, and nothing more really.

2. Shea Weber for P.K. Subban, Tomas Kaberle, Rafael Diaz, Brendan Gallagher(another pip-squeak that DOES NOT belong in the NHL) or similar combinations(don't trade Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, or Tinordi, but they can have anyone else in juniors, or in the minors).

Les Canadiens become an immediate Stanley Cup contender, while ridding themselves of players that will NEVER amount to anything in the NHL(or at least never win the Stanley Cup), or are washed up....Carey Price, P.K. Subban, Brendan Gallagher, Danny Kristo, Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta, etc.

I know that a lot of people are high on SOME of these players that I just listed, but they are STUPID.....and HIGH!!!...lol. Get rid of them. F off.

Now imagine this lineup.

Goal

Steve Mason Cedrik Desjardins

Defense

Shea Weber Andrei Markov (C)
Alexei Emelin Francis Bouillon
Josh Gorges Yannick Weber
Rafael Diaz Frederic St. Denis
Jarred Tinordi Nathan Beaulieu (these bottom two in the future)

Forwards

Max Pacioretty Tomas Plekanec Erik Cole
Rick Nash Alex Galchenyuk Colby Armstrong
Travis Moen Lars Eller Louis LeBlanc
Brandon Prust Ryan White Petteri Nokelainen

Les Canadiens are instantly, at the very least, bound for the Stanley Cup playoffs in April of 2013.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gol View Post
1. Howson is contacted and asked if Rick Nash is willing to come to Montreal, along with Steve Mason. In return they can have
Carey Price, David Desharnais, Danny Kristo, another forward, in the minors, or in the team. They must agree to take Scott Gomez, and that pip squeak Brian Gionta, to allow us cap space, for Rick Nash. They can have $10 million dollars in cash also.
This way we get a bonafide, power forward, all-star in exchange really for that super "bum" Price, and nothing more really.
No, this way we get the deal cancelled by the NHL for being completely against the CBA rules and probably lose a first round draft pick for even attempting it....

Were you under the impression that you had a clue?

Old
07-16-2012, 04:08 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The first move in making a trade is .....?The Habs are looking to Rene Bourque for scoring on the Plekanec line with Brian Gionta(Captain).When the three of these players are healthy they can be a formidable two-way line with offence.Desharnais's play between Cole and Pacioretty has to be a bright spot offensively for the Habs.That's the Top Six forwards,Eller with Moen and Armstrong is a tough 3rd line.The 4th line has White/Nokelainen/Gomez at center & Prust with Blunden,I know that White & Prust on one line sounds excessive but imagine what fun it will be for the opposition.Defence should be more than adequate having Markov(healthy)PK Subban,Gorges,Emelin,Bouillon, Diaz and Kaberle/Weber.Then in goal Carey Price with a healthy team in front of him,it won't be easy getting goals on him or Budaj.If Montreal feels the need for a top six LW then they need to look at Curtis Glencross from the Calgary Flames,he's a regular 20 goals or more each season,sound defensively and can lay down some good checks also.

Last edited by S Bah: 07-16-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old
07-16-2012, 12:19 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Would there be any interest from Montreal fans in acquiring Karl Alzner and at what price?

Old
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
So how upset would "we" be as fans or an organization if say the Leafs, Flyers or even Nasville went out & made PK an $7 mill offer over the next 7 or 8 yrs????

Remember, the door swings both ways!!!!
I like Subban but I'd take the first round picks, thank you very much!

Old
07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
HabsSlappy

I have a sneaking suspicion that Gol is 8 to 10 years old. And if he isn't.....wow.....just wow.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Woohahahahaahaahaha

Old
07-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Would there be any interest from Montreal fans in acquiring Karl Alzner and at what price?
Of course, Alzner would be a great addition. But we would have to give up a Dman (likely someone like Emelin) and a high end prospetc or 1st rd pick. A bit high, and Washington would likely not want to trade him anyway, as he's a top 4 high end shutdown dman

Old
07-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by gol View Post
Here is what needs to be done.

2. Shea Weber for P.K. Subban, Tomas Kaberle, Rafael Diaz, Brendan Gallagher(another pip-squeak that DOES NOT belong in the NHL) or similar combinations(don't trade Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, or Tinordi, but they can have anyone else in juniors, or in the minors).

Les Canadiens become an immediate Stanley Cup contender, while ridding themselves of players that will NEVER amount to anything in the NHL(or at least never win the Stanley Cup), or are washed up....Carey Price, P.K. Subban, Brendan Gallagher, Danny Kristo, Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta, etc.

I know that a lot of people are high on SOME of these players that I just listed, but they are STUPID.....and HIGH!!!...lol. Get rid of them. F off.

Now imagine this lineup.

Goal

Steve Mason Cedrik Desjardins

Defense

Shea Weber Andrei Markov (C)
Alexei Emelin Francis Bouillon
Josh Gorges Yannick Weber
Rafael Diaz Frederic St. Denis
Jarred Tinordi Nathan Beaulieu (these bottom two in the future)

Forwards

Max Pacioretty Tomas Plekanec Erik Cole
Rick Nash Alex Galchenyuk Colby Armstrong
Travis Moen Lars Eller Louis LeBlanc
Brandon Prust Ryan White Petteri Nokelainen

Les Canadiens are instantly, at the very least, bound for the Stanley Cup playoffs in April of 2013.

What a 4th post! Seriously though, what is wrong with you? you basically traded half our team for two players, and called half our team either too small or washed up. Explain to me how PK Subban and Carey Price are washed up, and by the way 4 players you traded who could never win a Stanley cup have won a cup. And also I am neither stupid or high, stop spewing ridiculousness.

Last edited by Kobe Armstrong: 07-17-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old
07-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I like Subban but I'd take the first round picks, thank you very much!

& you would replace PK how???

We haven't had a D-man of his caliber since Chelios, IMO & I think any of us who are old enough to remember the impact of that trade know what it has meant to this franchise the past two decades.

I can't believe the people who would be willing to let this young simply walk for a few draft picks, that may or may not play in this league. It' would be quite a huge gamble to take.

Old
07-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

We haven't had a D-man of his caliber since Chelios, IMO & I think any of us who are old enough to remember the impact of that trade know what it has meant to this franchise the past two decades.

I can't believe the people who would be willing to let this young simply walk for a few draft picks, that may or may not play in this league. It' would be quite a huge gamble to take.
I'm a big Subban defender, I love the kid. But there's a difference between being "willing to let him walk" and being "willing to overpay to retain him". That's where I draw the line, personally. Feel free to disagree though.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:02 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Of course, Alzner would be a great addition. But we would have to give up a Dman (likely someone like Emelin) and a high end prospetc or 1st rd pick. A bit high, and Washington would likely not want to trade him anyway, as he's a top 4 high end shutdown dman
I see, aiming a bit too high then.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:05 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
It would suck but having multiple first round draft picks for years would be worth it. We have a great scouting system so there is little risk with massive possibility for reward, especially with picks coming from Toronto. Ok having PK should finally allow them to have a modicum of success but these picks should still be fairly low first rounders. Meanwhile we can overpay another defensemen to do PK's job.

These young players are nice and awesome to have but theres little advantage in having them over veterans once they get bloated 7m+ contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey

If we let Subban sign an offer sheet it would be at a price so steep that we'd get multiple first rounders back. Chances are we get a few solid NHLers with them. Since trading Subban would ensure we'd have a terrible defense until we find a replacement we might as well wrap it up next year and trade a few more players for prospects and draft picks in order to start a full rebuild.

The ''full rebuild'' plan : draft top5 in the next two years. This would ensure two high draft picks and with the PK compensation two other first rounders (hopefully from a non-playoff team). Add to that another 2nd&3rd rounder to our already impressive 3 picks in the 2013 2nd round and we should be able to build a prospect pool for the ages. These picks can also be used in trades, we could easily trade up to get two top5 picks for instance. Basically allowing Timmins to draft whoever he wants. The Habs could end up being a dominant force, quality surplus prospects can be traded for good veterans in order to have a very serious contender in 5 years (and a core that could last for 10 years after).

Its fantasy talk but its also fantasy talk that Subban doesn't sign with the Habs imho. Anyhow the Habs should think long and hard if anyone offers more than 6.7m to Subban (compensation 2x1st rounders, 1x2nd rounder, 1x3rd rounder) and it would be a no brainer to let him go for 8,4m+ (an astounding four 1st rounder as compensation). I doubt any team would be foolish enough to offer anything like that of course.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 07-16-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old
07-17-2012, 09:56 AM
yianik

I get the feeling, yes a feeling, that MB is targeting to ice a competitive team, as in challenging for a Cup in the next 3-4 years given the core pieces we have such as Price, Patches and PK and with the talent coming up, such as Gally. So a bunch of mid-late 1st round draft picks dont fit the plan. Also, if PK is what we think he is, and the Chelios comparison is a good one, you would be lucky, real lucky , even if your TT, to draft a PK comparable player at that spot in the draft. .Keep PK

Old
07-17-2012, 12:32 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I'm a big Subban defender, I love the kid. But there's a difference between being "willing to let him walk" and being "willing to overpay to retain him". That's where I draw the line, personally. Feel free to disagree though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I see, aiming a bit too high then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
I get the feeling, yes a feeling, that MB is targeting to ice a competitive team, as in challenging for a Cup in the next 3-4 years given the core pieces we have such as Price, Patches and PK and with the talent coming up, such as Gally. So a bunch of mid-late 1st round draft picks dont fit the plan. Also, if PK is what we think he is, and the Chelios comparison is a good one, you would be lucky, real lucky , even if your TT, to draft a PK comparable player at that spot in the draft. .Keep PK
First the thought of trading Emelin & a pick for Alzner just about made me sick.Emelin is starting his 2nd season and will be far better than Karl Alzner.So aim higher IMO.As far as hoping Toronto offer sheets PK Subban and the Habs letting him go for draft picks no,no,no.Toronto is getting better and have some players coming from the Marlies yet,Brian Burke is still in the market for Luongo.If he added PK Subban to the defence Toronto has it's highly unlikely they would miss the playoffs.To think that Toronto is the same team they were when they took Kessel is ludicrous,never mind dreaming about drafting a replacement for PK Subban with any of their draft choices is just as ludicrous.It's about time people seriously evaluate the players on our team and the players that you deem greater.Watch the team playing for a season,every game,then learn what each player brings to the Habs.Every player has different responsibilities and they all need to mesh together(work ethic,team conscience)GM's and Coaches have to bring every player into a system they believe will work and need players that will follow their lead.In the Habs team the players that have been drafted and traded for are acknowledged leaders from their Junior/College/Pro teams.Trevor Timmins has been the Head Scout for ten years and these types of players are the core of the Habs teams,knowing this will give you a better idea how much work goes into a trade.Good Luck.

Old
07-17-2012, 01:20 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

I'm looking to add strength to our bottom D (4, 5, 6). Not looking into trading Emelin. BTW i don't think Emelin is going to be far better than Alzner, that's just silly homer talk.

So far targets scratched off are: O'Byrne (too valuable in Colorado), Alzner (demand would be too steep).

Old
07-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Uwey

Quote:
It would suck but having multiple first round draft picks for years would be worth it. We have a great scouting system so there is little risk with massive possibility for reward, especially with picks coming from Toronto. Ok having PK should finally allow them to have a modicum of success but these picks should still be fairly low first rounders. Meanwhile we can overpay another defensemen to do PK's job.

So we already know that Subban was gem of a pick in the second round & if that draft were redone, he would be a top ten, if not a top five pick that year.

How can you guarantee that you get a even close to that talent with multiple picks??? & how do guarantee that these picks are fairly low picks, the game is played on the ice not on paper & as much as we Habs hope the Leafs continue to suck, there is no way of knowing where they will end up in the standings. A huge, huge gamble with that kind of thinking!!!

A healthy maturing bird in hand is far, far better than four eggs that have yet to hatch!!!

Old
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
habsrule22

Could Detroit become interested in Kaberle, there gonna need a puck moving defenseman and there not out there? What could we get in return?

Closed Thread