HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Man of Steel

Old
07-16-2012, 08:56 PM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Man of Steel

Have some of you seen the Comic-Con teaser trailer for this film? I saw a bad quality of it,but even then, I was completely blown away! Nolan and Snyder may have very well created a masterpiece! The cinematography looked beautiful! Some of the "scenes" left me in awe. It was edgy, but still very Superman. I am very excited about this film. I forgot where I read it, but comic-con attendees voted it as the best comic-con trailer, it received 45% of the votes!

It's been announced that a (1:27) version of the comic trailer will be attached to The Dark Knight Rises on Friday!

Here's all you need to know about the film:

Comic-Con Poster:

Producers: Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder.
Director: Zack Snyder.
Writers: David Goyer, Christopher Nolan.
Composer: Hans Zimmer

And an all-star cast of:

Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman
Amy Adams as Lois Lane.
Michael Shannon as General Zod
Antje Traue as Faora
Russell Crowe as Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van
Laurence Fishburne as Perry White
Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent
Diane Lane as Martha Kent
Harry Lennix as General Swanwick
Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy
Richard Schiff as Dr. Emil Hamilton

The Synopsis:

In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond his imagination. Transported years ago to Earth from Krypton, a highly advanced, distant planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question ‘Why am I here?’ Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Diane Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner), Clark discovers having extraordinary abilities means making difficult decisions. When the world is in dire need of stability, an even greater threat emerges. Clark must become a Man of Steel, to protect the people he loves and shine as the world’s beacon of hope – Superman.

Last edited by BlackStar: 08-06-2012 at 08:49 PM.
BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Anything Nolan touches is usually good. Man of Steel should be very good.

I can't wait until he gets his hands on the Bond franchise. He's been rumoured to be a big fan of the Bond movies and has said he would like to direct one given the chance. And given how EON is actually open to hiring "big-name" directors for their Bond movies now, there's a good chance this could actually happen.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Medellin had a pretty deadly trailer too, and we all know how that turned out....

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

vCash: 50
Superman as a character has never resonated with me. He's just too boring.

Dugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

I thought Christopher nolan dropped out of this project.

Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:08 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugray View Post
What makes him boring?

Old
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I thought Christopher nolan dropped out of this project.
Why did you think that? He's been very enthusiastic about it. There were reports that his brother would direct the movie long before Snyder got the job, maybe that's what mixed you up?

Old
07-16-2012, 10:12 PM
RayP

Quote:
Yeah, I feel the same way.

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
What makes him boring?
He doesn't have the same emotional vulnerabilities or pathos heroes like Spiderman or Batman do. Well, he DOES, but none of the movies have shown them so far. Superman Returns tried to, but it didn't have a great feel to it - and as a result it didn't perform as well as the studios hoped for at the box office.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Why did you think that? He's been very enthusiastic about it. There were reports that his brother would direct the movie long before Snyder got the job, maybe that's what mixed you up?
http://screenrant.com/christoper-nol...s-mikee-90198/

Quote:
Christopher Nolan has been a headline hog of late due to his involvement with two of the most anticipated comic book movies in the near future – the Superman reboot The Man of Steel and final entry in Nolan’s Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises.

However, Nolan has always been a one-movie-at-a-time kind of filmmaker – so, in order to focus on his final installment of the Batman franchise, Nolan has decided to leave Superman’s future in the hands of Zack Snyder and Warner Bros.

I guess he has since then signed back on as a Executive Producer.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:27 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
He doesn't have the same emotional vulnerabilities or pathos heroes like Spiderman or Batman do. Well, he DOES, but none of the movies have shown them so far. Superman Returns tried to, but it didn't have a great feel to it - and as a result it didn't perform as well as the studios hoped for at the box office.
That's most definitely true. Yet, according to Nolan and Snyder, this film will tackle that. The trailer was definitely emotional, in fact, a large number of people of the comic-con attendees were in tears after the trailer. Bad quality versions of the trailer are still around the net, I urge you to try to check it out. Honestly, my eyes were watery after watching the trailer,

Old
07-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

Quote:
Really? The only thing I remember from that movie is Superman lifts things. That's part of the problem with Superman, he's so powerful that every thing is super mundane. When every problem can be lifted away it gets kinda boring. Oh no, a falling plane, I'll just lift it up. Oh no, a mountain of Kryptonite, yea, I can lift that too somehow. Oh no, he's shooting me with a machine gun, yea, you bet ya I'm going to just lift that barrel and bend it. Falling woman, lift her up. Zzz....

Dugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
That's most definitely true. Yet, according to Nolan and Snyder, this film will tackle that. The trailer was definitely emotional, in fact, a large number of people of the comic-con attendees were in tears after the trailer. Bad quality versions of the trailer are still around the net, I urge you to try to check it out. Honestly, my eyes were watery after watching the trailer,
I fully expect Nolan to deliver on this project. It should be good.

There should be no shortage of epic movies in the next year as TDKR, Man of Steel, Skyfall and Star Trek II are all expected to come out.

Of course, my ultimate hope is that Nolan attaches himself to Bond 24 and we have Hans Zimmer composing a Bond movie.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:36 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
http://screenrant.com/christoper-nol...s-mikee-90198/

I guess he has since then signed back on as a Executive Producer.

He never left the project though, if that's what you think the article is saying. He simply wasn't as involved as he would have been if he wasn't working on TDR. He was involved in the casting of Cavill for instance.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

I don't like Superman at all, but Nolan should make this interesting. Will definitely check it out

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Really? The only thing I remember from that movie is Superman lifts things. That's part of the problem with Superman, he's so powerful that every thing is super mundane. When every problem can be lifted away it gets kinda boring. Oh no, a falling plane, I'll just lift it up. Oh no, a mountain of Kryptonite, yea, I can lift that too somehow. Oh no, he's shooting me with a machine gun, yea, you bet ya I'm going to just lift that barrel and bend it. Falling woman, lift her up. Zzz....

The trick is to put Superman in a position where he's emotionally compromised. Nolan will probably be able to do that.

Old
BlackStar

Quote:
I fully expect Nolan to deliver on this project. It should be good.

There should be no shortage of epic movies in the next year as TDKR, Man of Steel, Skyfall and Star Trek II are all expected to come out.

Of course, my ultimate hope is that Nolan attaches himself to Bond 24 and we have Hans Zimmer composing a Bond movie.
I forgot to mention, Zimmer is composing the Man of Steel theme.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
He never left the project though, if that's what you think the article is saying. He simply wasn't as involved as he would have been if he wasn't working on TDR. He was involved in the casting of Cavill for instance.
ahh all right. I thought he had left. Thanks for the clarification.

Im looking forward to it but Snyder doesn't exactly make me think good things. Sucker Punch and Watchmen have been trash. At least he nailed 300 and Dawn of the Dead. Heres hoping Nolan and Goyer offset his crapitude.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:52 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
I bet you know very little about the character. That's not a Superman problem, that's a story problem. Look, Hulk and and even Thor are very powerful beings, but Marvel made them work on screen. How did they do so? The story! Or, more precise, the villain! Superman is going to be boring when the villain is the very very awful/ancient version of Lex Luther(he is a much much better character in modern comics).

Ofcourse Superman is going to look too powerful and boring when his enemy is just some bald guy who wants to make lots of money. This is why Nolan,Goyer, and Snyder went with Zod. Zod is the perfect villain for this reboot.

He is just as powerful as Superman, and he is the better fighter(since he was General in a Kryptonian army). Plus, there is Faora, who will also be a worthy opponent for Superman in the film. Plus, Superman will learn a lot about himself through Zod, which is perfect for a reboot.

Superman is powerful, but his enemies like Zod, Braniac, Doomsday, and Darkseid to name a few are just as strong, or stronger.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:00 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
ahh all right. I thought he had left. Thanks for the clarification.

Im looking forward to it but Snyder doesn't exactly make me think good things. Sucker Punch and Watchmen have been trash. At least he nailed 300 and Dawn of the Dead. Heres hoping Nolan and Goyer offset his crapitude.
No problem.

Funnily enough, everyone is saying that the trailer looked like it was shot by Nolan or Abrams. And I agree, it was not Snyder-style at all. When you think about it, Snyder tends to do well with source-material(I liked Watchmen, and it had fairly good reviews), not so much when he is the writer.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:09 PM
BlackStar

One of the things I'm most excited for in Man of Steel this guy as Zod:

He is one of the most underrated actors today for sure.

Last edited by BlackStar: 07-16-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old
07-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Any idea when the new trailers will be coming out?

07-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Probably by the weekend. I'm not big on comic book movies but this is the one I'm most looking forward too, I mean downright giddy about. I grew up on Superman. This has to be huge...

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 06:19 AM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Any idea when the new trailers will be coming out?
It will be attached to The Dark Knight Rises, so WB will likely post online Friday night or early Saturday.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
I bet you know very little about the character. That's not a Superman problem, that's a story problem. Look, Hulk and and even Thor are very powerful beings, but Marvel made them work on screen. How did they do so? The story! Or, more precise, the villain! Superman is going to be boring when the villain is the very very awful/ancient version of Lex Luther(he is a much much better character in modern comics).

Ofcourse Superman is going to look too powerful and boring when his enemy is just some bald guy who wants to make lots of money. This is why Nolan,Goyer, and Snyder went with Zod. Zod is the perfect villain for this reboot.

He is just as powerful as Superman, and he is the better fighter(since he was General in a Kryptonian army). Plus, there is Faora, who will also be a worthy opponent for Superman in the film. Plus, Superman will learn a lot about himself through Zod, which is perfect for a reboot.

Superman is powerful, but his enemies like Zod, Braniac, Doomsday, and Darkseid to name a few are just as strong, or stronger.
I've never been a big Supes fan. For me, similar characters like Thor and Hulk were just more exciting. Superman, too me, was an just an uber boy scout full of platitudes and sanctimony. Just never resonated with me. And then I watched Smallville and it gave a greater appreciation for the character. Smallville was uneven and campy as hell, but it also gave Clark an element of humanity that I hadn't really seen in the character before. He struggled with his powers; with his ego. There was a reluctance to even use them. He was isolated and alone because of his abilities. He just wanted to be normal, yet he was being pulled by forces greater than him to realize his destiny. And I appreciated those struggles. It was even put forth in the Earth One story. Clark leaves Smallville and heads to Metropolis to find himself. He's reluctant to be a hero. He contemplates using his abilities for personal financial gain. Again, it makes him more human. And I find that a much more entertaining version of the character.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote