HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM U+CL skates

Old
07-16-2012, 11:12 PM
oStealthKiller

vCash: 500
CCM U+CL skates

anyone who has these skates whats your opinion on them ? and how would you compare them to other skates because while i do like them, i cant help but look to something like the new line of bauer supremes

oStealthKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:22 PM
AIREAYE

Do you fit well into them? The only way to tell however is to bake one up properly. It's the first skate claiming to fit all foot types because of the reactivity of the foam. Having sold quite a few myself and baked them, it really does make a difference, though ideally you should have an acceptable (doesn't have to be good or perfect) fit before baking.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:30 PM
oStealthKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Do you fit well into them? The only way to tell however is to bake one up properly. It's the first skate claiming to fit all foot types because of the reactivity of the foam. Having sold quite a few myself and baked them, it really does make a difference, though ideally you should have an acceptable (doesn't have to be good or perfect) fit before baking.
yeah i fit well in them and i had them baked and profiled and they fit pretty nice but i just cant help but think that theyre a little bit behind graf or bauer for some reason. if u had to make a top 5 list of current skates where would you say these fall?

oStealthKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
AIREAYE

That's great that you fit well into them; they can be baked multiple times, which is always a plus.

The CLs, imo (and many others would agree) can very easily compete side-by-side against the APX and TotalOne NXG. Grafs are the ones falling behind lol

Old
07-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Not to hijack too much, but are there any skates on the market with a narrow heel, regular to wider forefoot, and more depth than the Vapor series?

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:26 AM
AIREAYE

The other guys can chime in with Graf, but maybe the new Stealth RS, EQ50/older Synergy skates? I assume Supreme doesn't work?

Old
07-17-2012, 10:43 AM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Not to hijack too much, but are there any skates on the market with a narrow heel, regular to wider forefoot, and more depth than the Vapor series?
I'm with this guy. All the deep skates have a tremendous heel...

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm in Graf 735's right now. Something's off with them though the last couple months. Alternating between lace bite or too loose and losing my feel for the edges. Starting to wonder if I need something with more depth. Feels more like I'm standing on the skates than inside them.

I had been in Vapors but the heel was too wide and they were too shallow I think. 735's have been great aside from this summer. Maybe my foot got bigger when I gained some weight. Only Supreme I tried was a little wide in the heel, it was a used One75.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:51 AM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I'm in Graf 735's right now. Something's off with them though the last couple months. Alternating between lace bite or too loose and losing my feel for the edges. Starting to wonder if I need something with more depth. Feels more like I'm standing on the skates than inside them.

I had been in Vapors but the heel was too wide and they were too shallow I think. 735's have been great aside from this summer. Maybe my foot got bigger when I gained some weight. Only Supreme I tried was a little wide in the heel, it was a used One75.
Just wondering about your feet, do you have trouble lacing them up around the 4-5-6 eyelets?

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

What do you mean trouble?

When I first got them, I used waxed laces, left them fairly loose at the toe and just holding across the middle of the foot, then would tighten them just to snug until the last few eyelets, where I tightened them a fair amount.

Lately, it's like the tongue is too thick and I've been trying to tighten them a bit more across the foot but I can't ever get a nice balance between locking in the foot without lace bite. I've tried waxed and unwaxed, and the waxed give me lace bit while the unwaxed makes them feel a little loose.