HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Shea Weber thread

Old
07-16-2012, 09:37 PM
vladdy16

vCash: 500
Weber's overrated.

vladdy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:01 PM
jroc86

Webers a more realistic possibility for Detroit than most people around here (on and off our board) would like to admit given the distaste of Suter going elsewhere still in our mouths.

11 months ago Weber explicitly stated he wanted to be a Red Wing over lunch with a very old friend of mine (career AHL'er, good friends with Shea from their days together on the Kelowna Rockets). Webers agent knew Lidstrom was retiring almost a week before it became public - I scoffed at this of course because I was confident Lids was coming back for 1 more go.

Losing Lidstrom and losing in the first round has hurt our mystique. If we take our current lineup into next season all that Im hoping for is a real gutsy effort and a big maturation year for some of our young players then at least gets us into the playoffs and a good showing in the first round. Then give Howard and Filp raises and go gangbusters after Weber and a premier UFA forward.

Webers a BC boy but he is NOT a Canucks fan like Garrison was growing up (Habs fan). He has experience with Babs and Holland from the 2010 Olympics. If we can battle hard and keep the playoff streak alive and Weber hits UFA next year we will be VERY much in the running for Weber.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Webers a more realistic possibility for Detroit than most people around here (on and off our board) would like to admit given the distaste of Suter going elsewhere still in our mouths.

11 months ago Weber explicitly stated he wanted to be a Red Wing over lunch with a very old friend of mine (career AHL'er, good friends with Shea from their days together on the Kelowna Rockets). Webers agent knew Lidstrom was retiring almost a week before it became public - I scoffed at this of course because I was confident Lids was coming back for 1 more go.

Losing Lidstrom and losing in the first round has hurt our mystique. If we take our current lineup into next season all that Im hoping for is a real gutsy effort and a big maturation year for some of our young players then at least gets us into the playoffs and a good showing in the first round. Then give Howard and Filp raises and go gangbusters after Weber and a premier UFA forward.

Webers a BC boy but he is NOT a Canucks fan like Garrison was growing up (Habs fan). He has experience with Babs and Holland from the 2010 Olympics. If we can battle hard and keep the playoff streak alive and Weber hits UFA next year we will be VERY much in the running for Weber.
Ricelund, you have competition.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:

Am I the only one still mourning the loss of our mystique? NEED MOAR MYSTIQUE!

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:26 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Am I the only one still mourning the loss of our mystique? NEED MOAR MYSTIQUE!

Mystique is unsigned...not sure if she can help our top 6, but I think we'd sell more tickets, and I'm sure all the FA's out there would love to play with her.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post

Mystique is unsigned...not sure if she can help our top 6, but I think we'd sell more tickets, and I'm sure all the FA's out there would love to play with her.
You dawg.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:23 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
If he wants to be a Red Wing that badly I'm sure he won't listen to other offers next offseason.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote