HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Long Island roller hockey

Old
07-17-2012, 07:19 AM
JanErixon20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
So I spoke with a couple people on the flyers, islanders, and devils board and they would be interested in doing a friendly 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 roller tournament between rangers board, devils board, flyers board, and islanders board.

I ask here last cause I am confident we have enough people who would be interested in playing. Once we established interest we will discuss a place to play. So just to be safe who would be interested in playing?

This is not just for long island, we are going to need to find a place that would be easiest for everyone to get too, soo any who is interested let me know.
I'd play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Me and my group of up to about 15-20 guys all play at 'The Armory' rink, over at the Smithtown Library in Nesconset. We are there every weekend and have a Facebook group dedicated to it, and how we organize pick up games. It's awesome.

I live in lower Westchester but my girlfriend lives out in Glen Cove, Exit 39 on the L.I.E. I drive out from her place on the weekends to Exit 58.

Anyone interested in playing should definitely come check it out. We are always looking for new people to join in!
What's this now??? Never heard of "The Armory" rink.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:20 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
The 1 in Centereach is gone. Do u remember Meyer Deck hockey over there? They have a store in Rocky Point off 25a.
I use to live at Meyer Deck. I started playing deck at 12 years old over in Oakdale. Then Centereach. And Miller Place and also E. Setauket. Played a season at Bayport as well.

I was lucky to be on a good team, we went to tournaments, local and out of state, and did pretty well.

Old
07-17-2012, 08:02 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
What's this now??? Never heard of "The Armory" rink.
Its located next to The Smithtown Library. It was an old Armory, and thats how it got the name.

Check it out on Google Maps.

148 Smithtown Boulevard
Nesconset, NY 11767

Some photos from our fb group...

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:59 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
Id be interested if its in Brooklyn, and we can do it at my rink. I have the key to the McDonald ave rink (ave F), and we could pretty much do any time. PM me for info if you need more.
That may be a plan I'll PM you, and ask some of the other boards if Brooklyn works

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:20 AM
esidebill

Quote:
Its located next to The Smithtown Library. It was an old Armory, and thats how it got the name.

148 Smithtown Boulevard
Nesconset, NY 11767

That looks like a nice place! Albeit hot as hell.

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:41 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
That looks like a nice place! Albeit hot as hell.
Its awesome, and we were playing on Sat/Sun's early, but the heat is too much so lately we've been doing games around 6-7pm to avoid the heat. Its perfect around that time.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:23 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue231930 View Post
Wheelin Willie's on Merrick Road in Wantagh is another good place for equipment.
Decent place, I find them to be a little pricey though. Almost $30 for a RBK2k ABS replacement blade.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:25 AM
nyrmetros

George Harvey Park in whitestone queens has lights on till 10pm every night for some good roller hockey action. Some days we get 2 goalies and a full game. Other days just a can.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:41 AM
esidebill

Quote:
Its awesome, and we were playing on Sat/Sun's early, but the heat is too much so lately we've been doing games around 6-7pm to avoid the heat. Its perfect around that time.
Yea, in the summer I stick to the Ice Hockey... haha.

Old
07-17-2012, 11:53 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:

148 Smithtown Boulevard
Nesconset, NY 11767

I'm moving into ice now but wouldn't mind a pick up roller game now and then. Is it every weekend? What type of surface is it?

Old
07-17-2012, 01:32 PM
nevesis

Quote:
I'm moving into ice now but wouldn't mind a pick up roller game now and then. Is it every weekend? What type of surface is it?
Enlarge the second photo, you can see it very well. Asphalt.

Old
07-17-2012, 01:46 PM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Enlarge the second photo, you can see it very well. Asphalt.
Good thing I kept my outdoor wheels.

Old
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Good thing I kept my outdoor wheels.
I go through a new set of Labeda Asphalts every few weeks...haha

Old
07-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Damn I would love to get in on this. Problem is all my equipment is shot and I need new everything. Only thing still in great shape is my Easton Stealth composite stick haha

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I go through a new set of Labeda Asphalts every few weeks...haha
Aww that sucks dude. That surface from those pics definitely look like a wheel/blade killer. Check out the photos from the Paramus, NJ rink that I posted on page 1:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...53&postcount=7

That rink was built 2 years ago and the surface is smooth as butter. My wheels would last me 2-3 months playing on that surface and that's playing once a week. My blades wore down considerably slower too - much less than any other surface I had previously played on.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:35 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Aww that sucks dude. That surface from those pics definitely look like a wheel/blade killer. Check out the photos from the Paramus, NJ rink that I posted on page 1:

That rink was built 2 years ago and the surface is smooth as butter. My wheels would last me 2-3 months playing on that surface and that's playing once a week. My blades wore down considerably slower too - much less than any other surface I had previously played on.
That Rink in Paramus, could possibly be a good location to play, could be most convenient for all groups, Philly, NJ, NYI, and NYR. Could it be rented out from the Parks Dept for like 5-6 hrs?

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:11 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
That Rink in Paramus, could possibly be a good location to play, could be most convenient for all groups, Philly, NJ, NYI, and NYR. Could it be rented out from the Parks Dept for like 5-6 hrs?
Aren't there any indoor rinks to use?

Old
07-18-2012, 05:29 PM
CDiablo

To again hijack this thread Im looking for any interested players around Albany NY. Me and a group of friends play on this outdoor blacktop rink most weekends and are always short people. Its a small rink(perfect for 4 on 4) in Scotia(10 mins outside Albany) and it has glass/boards in the majority of the offensive zones and regulation nets. Its fun and for all skill levels. Msg me if anyone is interested.

CDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:44 PM
esidebill

Quote:
Aren't there any indoor rinks to use?
Isn't there Rapid Fire in Moriches? That's in Suffolk though.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:42 PM
NYRantLftyC19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
George Harvey Park in whitestone queens has lights on till 10pm every night for some good roller hockey action. Some days we get 2 goalies and a full game. Other days just a can.
Hey, this is Tony.. who is this? Kevin, Kearon and I tried to get a game going for 7PM a week or two ago, but no one replied on facebook... I don't think anyone has been playing on the weekends anymore since it got hot, but if a game can be organized for the night we will be there definitely.

As for that game between ranger, devils, and islander fans, i would definitely be interested.

NYRantLftyC19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:08 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Anyone who is interested in playing out in Nassau, I know of two rinks with outdoor sport court surface in which you can use indoor wheels and blades on and they don't wear down.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll tell you details.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:12 PM
mcsauer2738

you know what the hardest part of rollerblading is... sorry had to add that in haha

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:06 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Really appreciate your help, I wound up just ordering it online though. That's pretty cool that you are neighbors with them, I am guessing from the fact you are recommending their store they are pretty stand up individuals.

On a similar note when I was growing up, I used to be in the same grade as John Davidson's older daughter, he live across the street. When I was senior, Dan Blackburn was living in his house as a rookie, and would hang out at our high school parties. Talk about a stand up guy, one thing you will never know about him is that, when John Davidson's oldest daughter's best friend did not have a date to our high school prom Dan Blackburn asked her even though he wasn't technically part of our high school, and took her as his date.

Sorry for getting off track, and really do appreciate the help, if any games ever come up let me know, I am usually up there only on weekends!
lol, thats cool. to 1 up u my girl my takes yoga with Brittany Tortorella who runs the class... shes strict im told! lol

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:27 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Anyone who is interested in playing out in Nassau, I know of two rinks with outdoor sport court surface in which you can use indoor wheels and blades on and they don't wear down.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll tell you details.
Besides the popular spots like Baldwin and Long Beach? I know Lynbrook opens up every now and then when one of the refs with a key wants to play pick up at night.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:57 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Is that surface painted? Like that poly-eurethane paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Besides the popular spots like Baldwin and Long Beach? I know Lynbrook opens up every now and then when one of the refs with a key wants to play pick up at night.
Yeah, I'd love to play there. You play at Baldwin and/or LB?

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote