HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PK Subban being shopped ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-17-2012, 09:13 AM
  #201
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
I do know one thing for certain. That toronto team has no pieces I'd want. Take about a team going in circles.
It's cool dude. Toronto doesn't need an overrated, diving punk on their team anyways.

CodeBlue* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:14 AM
  #202
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
It's cool dude. Toronto doesn't need an overrated, diving punk on their team anyways.
yeah they already have dion phaneuf and crapovski

theboss* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:19 AM
  #203
wings95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Robert, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Detroit has nothing what Montreal wants.
Really, I am sure there are players on all 30 teams that other gms would want.

wings95 is online now  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:20 AM
  #204
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
yeah they already have dion phaneuf and crapovski
Oh snap, crapovski? That was a real zinger, you must've spent all night thinking of that one. Gold star for you kid.

CodeBlue* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:25 AM
  #205
angry pirate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Well, despite McDonagh not having the rep as an offensive d-man, he scored about as many points as Subban while being much better (IMO) in his own zone. He also placed in Norris voting (11th).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
McDonagh regularly faced some of the highest competition numbers in the entire league. Corsi stats will back that up. He also came up 4 points shy of Subban's offensive production while getting nearly 3 minutes less of PP ice-time per night.

Subban might be more talented offensively and flashier than McDonagh, but McDonagh is the more complete player. I'm not saying Subban is a bad player, or that I wouldn't gladly ice a pairing of Subban and McDonagh for the next 12 years, but at this stage in their careers, McDonagh is the #1 d-man on the Rangers, and I don't think Subban would knock him off that podium.
I doubt I need to point out to you guys that we are comparing players stats from the East's best team vs the East's worst team right? I think it's fair to assume McDonagh's stats would be slightly worse on Montreal, and Subbans would be slightly better on NYR.

angry pirate is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:26 AM
  #206
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
Oh snap, crapovski? That was a real zinger, you must've spent all night thinking of that one. Gold star for you kid.
Actually he responded 1 min after your comment. So at best, he had 119 seconds

SeriousHabs is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:27 AM
  #207
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
Oh snap, crapovski? That was a real zinger, you must've spent all night thinking of that one. Gold star for you kid.
thanks where can I pick up my gold star?

theboss* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:36 AM
  #208
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 500
I dont see why this has to turn ugly... Look at it this way:
Would Kings fans trade Doughty? or Sens fans trade Karlsson? maybe Blues fans want to trade Pietrangelo? No? ok then same difference for Habs fans.

Im not saying Subban is as good or better than them, he's as important as they are to us to their respective teams.

The offers here are lowball to say the least. Give your heads a shake.

habs_24x is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
  #209
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!
 
8spokesontheB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
I dont see why this has to turn ugly... Look at it this way:
Would Kings fans trade Doughty? or Sens fans trade Karlsson? maybe Blues fans want to trade Pietrangelo? No? ok then same difference for Habs fans.

Im not saying Subban is as good or better than them, he's as important as they are to us to their respective teams.

The offers here are lowball to say the least. Give your heads a shake.
Subban was a 7 goal, 36 point player. 5 of those goals were on the powerplay. I don't see how on Earth you rationalise comparing his play to that of Karlsson or Pietrangelo. He may a top D-man on his team, but he is not a top D-man in the league.

Maybe too much head shaking?

8spokesontheB is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:41 AM
  #210
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,538
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Detroit has nothing what Montreal wants.
Xavier Ouellet + something ?

Henkka is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:41 AM
  #211
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Subban was a 7 goal, 36 point player. 5 of those goals were on the powerplay. I don't see how on Earth you rationalise comparing his play to that of Karlsson or Pietrangelo. He may a top D-man on his team, but he is not a top D-man in the league.

Maybe too much head shaking?
No, you read me wrong. Hes as important to our team as they are to theirs

habs_24x is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:42 AM
  #212
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,672
vCash: 500
Klefbom + Paajarvi.

What more would the Oil need to add?

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:46 AM
  #213
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!
 
8spokesontheB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
No, you read me wrong. Hes as important to our team as they are to theirs
Even in that context I think you're overestimating Pernell's value to his own team. Of his 7 goals not a one was a game winner. If he were to be traded the dynamic of the defensive corps would change, no doubt about that, but I don't think you'd see the team struggling to replace him and his production aside from the entertainment value he brings. A loss of physicality also, but it's not as if he's the guy carrying the team.

8spokesontheB is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:47 AM
  #214
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1992-93
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Klefbom + Paajarvi.

What more would the Oil need to add?
I don't think so. Paajarvi has great potential and Klefbom has been turning heads. As dynamic as Subban is, this is great value from a trade perspective. The only problem I see from Montreal's end is that Klefbom is not ready to step into the lineup come October but he has the size, skill and tools to end up a GREAT player (very Pietrangelo or Ekman-Larsson like).

Boxscore is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:47 AM
  #215
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Subban was a 7 goal, 36 point player. 5 of those goals were on the powerplay. I don't see how on Earth you rationalise comparing his play to that of Karlsson or Pietrangelo. He may a top D-man on his team, but he is not a top D-man in the league.

Maybe too much head shaking?
Habs will keep him and everybody stay happy, your not willing to pay the price you aint getting subban

theboss* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
  #216
vokiel
Registered Settler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Klefbom + Paajarvi.

What more would the Oil need to add?
A Dman who can fill P.K.'s skates, which you don't seem to have.

vokiel is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
  #217
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Xavier Ouellet + something ?
Like I said they have nothing we want

theboss* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:53 AM
  #218
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
I doubt I need to point out to you guys that we are comparing players stats from the East's best team vs the East's worst team right? I think it's fair to assume McDonagh's stats would be slightly worse on Montreal, and Subbans would be slightly better on NYR.
McDonagh was one of the biggest reasons our team was first in the east. He stepped into a #1 role early in the season and never looked back. Let's also not act as if the Rangers were some sort of juggernaut that was bowling over teams. We were a squad that was heavily invested in our defense, and McDonagh was our best defender.

Again, I'm not saying Subban is a bad player. I just happen to think that at this point McDonagh is the better player.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:55 AM
  #219
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
McDonagh was one of the biggest reasons our team was first in the east. He stepped into a #1 role early in the season and never looked back. Let's also not act as if the Rangers were some sort of juggernaut that was bowling over teams. We were a squad that was heavily invested in our defense, and McDonagh was our best defender.

Again, I'm not saying Subban is a bad player. I just happen to think that at this point McDonagh is the better player.
I rather have subban in the playoffs

theboss* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:56 AM
  #220
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Actually he responded 1 min after your comment. So at best, he had 119 seconds
Or he's just been waiting a long time to use it, lol.

CodeBlue* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:57 AM
  #221
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Habs would rather overpay Subban then trade him. Defense is the Habs biggest weakness, they would need another defenseman coming back and I doubt they'd be interested in an older player or a player thats not ready to compete yet.

Go Habs Go is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:03 AM
  #222
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
A Dman who can fill P.K.'s skates, which you don't seem to have.
Not right away, but there's a decent chance Klefa could end up the better player in 2-3 years.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:06 AM
  #223
Habitant le colon
Registered User
 
Habitant le colon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
thanks where can I pick up my gold star?
next to Toronto Maples Leafs's Stanley Cup !!!

Habitant le colon is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:14 AM
  #224
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 50
Don't understand why this thread is still up. He's not going anywhere.

Jee is online now  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:16 AM
  #225
vokiel
Registered Settler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Not right away, but there's a decent chance Klefa could end up the better player in 2-3 years.
Montreal is already stacked on dman prospects that have the same kind of chance and even better to become better than P.K.. The proposal doesn't address a need for Montreal, sorry.

vokiel is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.