HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Mission M-1 Stick lie?

Old
07-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Sneaky Priest
See you Nov. 2

vCash: 500
Mission M-1 Stick lie?

This is a very random question and i'm not sure if anyone can answer this but here goes.

Can anyone tell me what lie my stick is?

I have a Mission M-1 75 Flex "Pro Cole" (Erik Cole i assume?) i've looked online but can't find out what the lie of the stick is. The reason i want to now is because i'm 99% the lie of said stick is too high for me. I was a stupid kid when i purchased this stick and bought it purely because i liked the looks of it. Now i'm suffering the consequences. I finally started doing some research about hockey sticks and disovered that the stick does not fit me and i decided that it was time to buy one that actually functioned properly. So here we are....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mission-m1.jpg‎ (2.2 KB, 3 views)

Sneaky Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Brodeur

75 flex M-1, I would assume it's an intermediate? My 75 flex M-1 Gaborik curve is still one of the favorite sticks I've ever owned. And I got it as a pricing mistake at my local shop who sold it at $50. The shaft shape was just perfect and I haven't been able to find an exact replacement since (I bought a TPS pro radius shaft which was close, as was a Warrior Int Dolomite OPS).

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums.../patterns.html

As for the Cole, the senior lie is listed as a 6. Not 100% if the lie differed between Senior/INT sticks. You could try cutting it or adding a longer butt end to try to make up for the incorrect lie.

It might just be good memories associated with the M-1 line (Elias/Friesen used the stick, Madden used the gloves during the 2003 Cup run), but I still have my M-1 stick (blade is dead though) and a couple pairs of M-1 gloves.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Sneaky Priest
See you Nov. 2

The blade is getting really messed up because i've played with it alot on pavement. I'm not really into the blade shape as well, so either way i think i'll get a new one. Is there a way to tell if its an intermediate or senior? it's fairly long, 57 1/2 inches.

As far as making up for the lie, i don't see how cutting it or making it longer would help the lie.

Last edited by Sneaky Priest: 07-16-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old
07-16-2012, 11:20 PM
AIREAYE

It won't, changing length will change the average position of the stick blade that's in contact with ice. The more the better. That's why you want a right lie anyhow, to get good contact.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Sneaky Priest
See you Nov. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
It won't, changing length will change the average position of the stick blade that's in contact with ice. The more the better. That's why you want a right lie anyhow, to get good contact.

I didn't think it would, thats why i was confused.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:12 AM
AIREAYE

Yeah, the lie is the angle of shaft + blade. Can't really change that haha.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Sneaky Priest
See you Nov. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Yeah, the lie is the angle of shaft + blade. Can't really change that haha.

yeah i read that comment about changing the lie, looked at my stick, looked back at the computer and was like......"whaaaat?"