HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy XI: Frenzy? More like failure! Amirite?!!?!!11one

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-17-2012, 10:52 AM
  #1
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,802
vCash: 50
Free Agent Frenzy XI: Frenzy? More like failure! Amirite?!!?!!11one

Ugh is all I have to say to this years "Frenzy".

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
  #2
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,649
vCash: 500
This is about as much of a frenzy as a funeral.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:56 AM
  #3
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,802
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
This is about as much of a frenzy as a funeral.
At least at the after funeral gathering there is food

I can't get over this Boyle/ Gaborik swap garbage that Buccigross is spewing.

Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:57 AM
  #4
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500


By the way, were people serious in their discussion of Mike Modano?

Greg02 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
  #5
LordsCup*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Nash for Dubinsky, Erixon, 1st.

Get er done!

LordsCup* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
  #6
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Getting Nash isn't a "win now" move. He's only 28. It's a "win now" and "win for the next 5 years move". It's not like they're trading for a guy on his last legs.

And great organizations make trades as well. Detroit traded for the likes of Chelios, Shanny, Brad Stuart, Bertuzzi and others.
It's a win-now move if it prevents us from retaining other players that we don't want to lose. At this point, we don't know if it will, because we don't know what will happen with the cap. But there is a risk.

If we knew what the cap would be and knew we could afford Nash and keep the team together, it's a different story.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 10:59 AM
  #7
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 50
-31- said something about Modano and "Stephan" in the previous thread. I really hope he didn't mean what I think he means.....

M Gaz is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:01 AM
  #8
LordsCup*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
It's a win-now move if it prevents us from retaining other players that we don't want to lose. At this point, we don't know if it will, because we don't know what will happen with the cap. But there is a risk.

If we knew what the cap would be and knew we could afford Nash and keep the team together, it's a different story.
The GMs know ballpark what the cap will be. It will be about the same as it was this year.

We would have no trouble keeping our young players even with Nash.

People fail to realize we are also sending money back to get Nash. So we would only would be adding 2.5m if we send back Dubi and another million dollar contract.

LordsCup* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:02 AM
  #9
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,802
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
It's a win-now move if it prevents us from retaining other players that we don't want to lose. At this point, we don't know if it will, because we don't know what will happen with the cap. But there is a risk.

If we knew what the cap would be and knew we could afford Nash and keep the team together, it's a different story.
You don't believe their would be a cap rollback for existing contracts for a few years? If the cap dropped seriously enough, too many cap close teams would have to dump big contracts and not enough small market teams would be able to take on those contracts.

For example all contracts signed between 200x to 201x will have a cap hit rollback of 20%. Salaries aren't reduced by 20%, but the cap hit is. Granted there will have to be many specifications in much greater entail, but its a start.

Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:07 AM
  #10
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,837
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
-31- said something about Modano and "Stephan" in the previous thread. I really hope he didn't mean what I think he means.....
Stephan is slow and weak!!!!!!111one

I should be more careful to make it clear when I am joking.

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:24 AM
  #11
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
This bordom has nothing on how bad it will be if we lockout again.

Fire Sather is online now  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
  #12
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Stephan is slow and weak!!!!!!111one

I should be more careful to make it clear when I am joking.
Yeah I think you should lol scared me for a second

M Gaz is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
  #13
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,802
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
This bordom has nothing on how bad it will be if we lockout again.
We won't. At worst a shortened season, but there will be no lock out. How do I know? I don't for sure, just my belief.

Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:27 AM
  #14
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,180
vCash: 873
While my own enjoyment from this off-season hasnt been there for Rangers moves, I'm glad we haven't done something just for the sake of doing something.

The old Rangers would have given both Suter and Parise $120 million over 15 years with a complete NMC.

while I am not denying we could have used either or both players, I'm glad we are not giving out 100 million dollar contracts just because we could fill a hole.

It's the first time in a long time that the Rangers are being specific and smart at the same time.

A breath of fresh air if you ask me....not that anyone did

pld459666 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:29 AM
  #15
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,180
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
We won't. At worst a shortened season, but there will be no lock out. How do I know? I don't for sure, just my belief.
A lockout = Shortened Season.

Same crap, different smell.

Do I believe a whole season will get canceled? No. That I agree with you on. But the Owners will lock the players out. Absolutely.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:35 AM
  #16
Calad
Section 422
 
Calad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
I think the NHL would be incredibly stupid to lockout this year. You saw what happened to the sport and the damage it did last time, and to let all the momentum theyve had the past couple years with the TV deals, winter classic, and some great playoffs would be incredibly stupid on their part. They will give into the players more than most are expecting to.

Calad is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:47 AM
  #17
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,837
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
Yeah I think you should lol scared me for a second
I didn't laugh out loud though. That would be insincere.

I thought the Stephan was a giveaway.

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:52 AM
  #18
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I didn't laugh out loud though. That would be insincere.

I thought the Stephan was a giveaway.
Well I've seen many idiots on here screw up simple names, like Stephan, Lundquist, Stahl/Stall, and McDounagh, so I just assumed you had butchered Step's name and were willing to dump him for a guy old enough to enter an old folks' home.

M Gaz is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:53 AM
  #19
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
I think the NHL would be incredibly stupid to lockout this year. You saw what happened to the sport and the damage it did last time, and to let all the momentum theyve had the past couple years with the TV deals, winter classic, and some great playoffs would be incredibly stupid on their part. They will give into the players more than most are expecting to.
Yup. Casual sports fans I know were following the playoffs extensively this year, even the reg season from January to March. Everyone in my group of friends seemed more interested in hockey. Normally I'm the only one who cares and everyone just watches NBA. This year there seemed to be more interest, for whatever reason.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:55 AM
  #20
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Stephan is slow and weak!!!!!!111one

I should be more careful to make it clear when I am joking.
Throw in Stall too. Completely replaceable with Erixon and McIlrath ready!!!

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:56 AM
  #21
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
Well I've seen many idiots on here screw up simple names, like Stephan, Lundquist, Stahl/Stall, and McDounagh, so I just assumed you had butchered Step's name and were willing to dump him for a guy old enough to enter an old folks' home.
My favorite misspelling of Stepan's name has to be Stepfan. It's like they couldn't decide if it was Stepan or Stefan.

Greg02 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:57 AM
  #22
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
I think the NHL would be incredibly stupid to lockout this year. You saw what happened to the sport and the damage it did last time, and to let all the momentum theyve had the past couple years with the TV deals, winter classic, and some great playoffs would be incredibly stupid on their part. They will give into the players more than most are expecting to.
It didn't do any damage at all, lol. You said it yourself, the sport is better because of it..

You're right, though. They can't afford to do it again, but looking back on things I wouldn't change anything.. the lockout helped save the game

Fire Sather is online now  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
  #23
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
The GMs know ballpark what the cap will be. It will be about the same as it was this year.

We would have no trouble keeping our young players even with Nash.

People fail to realize we are also sending money back to get Nash. So we would only would be adding 2.5m if we send back Dubi and another million dollar contract.
Dont quit your day job, because accounting isnt your strongsuit.

Or were you going to mention that the $7.8M cap hit would be on the books for another 5 years?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
  #24
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
My favorite misspelling of Stepan's name has to be Stepfan. It's like they couldn't decide if it was Stepan or Stefan.
Step-an.....where the hell do they get Stefan from?

M Gaz is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 12:00 PM
  #25
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
Step-an.....where the hell do they get Stefan from?
I haven't the slightest clue, but I see it all the time.

Greg02 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.