HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread - Part II

Old
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
Well, it doesn't say anything about roommates ... but take a look at the second bulletpoint down in the "Matty's Short Shifts" section. That last line sure is interesting. Where he got that from I don't know.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...801/story.html
I dont care for some reporters thought. I can open a paid blog and write all kind of bull there.

Show me were Erat or anybody from Nashville organization saying that SK was staying in the same room.
So far I only have words of SK.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:22 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Do you have a proof that they where more then 15 min late? And where does it say that Erat where babysitting SK?

That occasion might influence on Suter ditching us too... 15 min and I get a shaft? **** that!!! Hello Minnesota.

And you dont need to get offensive, or defensive, what ever it is for you...
this wasn't meant at you personally. I am just tired of seeing everybody jump to conclusions and take everything players say as gold when it fits an agenda.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Legionnaire11

Jealous of the Avs right now, they're a cap floor team that has made the playoffs 4 times in 9 years, and they're able to re-sign a 20 goal scorer to a multi-year deal for $1.75

Where are these contracts for consistent playoff team like the Preds?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:03 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Jealous of the Avs right now, they're a cap floor team that has made the playoffs 4 times in 9 years, and they're able to re-sign a 20 goal scorer to a multi-year deal for $1.75

Where are ANY contracts for the consistent playoff team like the Preds? If Capt. decides to take any more time and GMDP just decides to wait him out as well, I guess we count Gill and Goose as the ONLY part of the famous "Plan B" this summer.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:58 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

Who did the Avs sign at $1.75? I must have missed that one.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

Joel Ward? Same points as McGinn, re-signed for $1.5M

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:30 AM
Legionnaire11

Except McGinn scored 20 goals last year to Ward's 6. And I'm pretty sure we would have all loved to have Ward back at $1.75

Old
07-14-2012, 10:40 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Except McGinn scored 20 goals last year to Ward's 6. And I'm pretty sure we would have all loved to have Ward back at $1.75
McGinn put up 1 goal in 49 games the year. Not a bad contract but it's not like he's a sure fire 20g per year guy. Hit or miss so far.

Old
07-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I was referring to 2008-2009. Ward put up 35 points and then got a $1.5M contract from us. That was his breakout year just like last year was McGinn's.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:31 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Does anyone know if a date has been set for the 2012 Skate of the Union event. In light of what has happened ( or not happened) in the last few weeks, I wonder if they are delaying it to see what Shea does. It was on July 13th last season.

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Predarat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85 View Post
Does anyone know if a date has been set for the 2012 Skate of the Union event. In light of what has happened ( or not happened) in the last few weeks, I wonder if they are delaying it to see what Shea does. It was on July 13th last season.
They may just do it through an internet feed this season, that seems to be the direction they are going.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85 View Post
The date has been set yet. They are incorporating it into a larger event closer to the start of the season according to what I last heard.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Cal O'Reilly to the KHL

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Cal O'Reilly to the KHL
Talented, enjoyed watching him in the OHL, just couldn't find his niche in the NHL. Best of luck.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:39 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Poile quotes on Weber and Doan.

Quote:
Predators General Manager David Poile said he talked with Shea Weber’s agents, Kevin Epp and Jarrett Bousquet of Titan Sports on Monday.

“It’s ongoing and hopefully we’ll talk later in the week,” Poile said. “I would say (we discussed) everything about the Predators, where we are and where we’re going and what part Shea has with that.”

Poile believes the rest of the offseason would fall into place with Weber signed to a long-term contract.

“Right now my priority is to see Shea signed and hopefully finalize a longer term deal with Shea,” Poile said. “To me it all revolves around that decision.”
Quote:
“First of all, I’m hoping the Phoenix situation gets resolved and he can stay there and finish his career in Phoenix,” Poile said. “If he decides it’s not a fit for him and would like to pursue other opportunities, the Predators would be very interested.”
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...rom-the-preds/

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Everlong
-

Acquiring Doan would be a big boost for this club. With Suter gone, I feel like there's alot of weight on Weber's shoulders right now, and Shane would definitely provide some leadership on the ice and in the locker room. Not to mention he's still playing at a high level.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:54 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I bet we have a huge overpayment on the table for him. My guess is $7/3 years

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 03:49 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

I don't want Doan here. Adding Doan to a Suterless/Weberless team is still a net loss compared to the last two years. If we're trading Weber away we all need to come to the realization that we're looking 3+ down the road to be a serious contenter.

We've seen how far this so called "core" can get us. It's time to build a new core. Rebuild and reload. No sunsetting, expensive Doan types please. They just take ice away from the kiddos.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
I don't want Doan here. Adding Doan to a Suterless/Weberless team is still a net loss compared to the last two years. If we're trading Weber away we all need to come to the realization that we're looking 3+ down the road to be a serious contenter.

We've seen how far this so called "core" can get us. It's time to build a new core. Rebuild and reload. No sunsetting, expensive Doan types please. They just take ice away from the kiddos.
I agree with you as long as Weber is gone. If Weber stays, then we aren't rebuilding.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:05 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Doan for 2-3 years is a great move. He's scored 20+ in 9 of the last 10 seasons, 30+ twice in that frame while playing for the less than overly skilled Coyotes. Semin is a lot younger, a lot more potential upside, with a lot more risk. The questions with him aren't about skill, but willingness to buy in to the system.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Legionnaire11

Even with a re-build I'd still sign Doan. He would be a fantastic mentor for some young guys like Wilson and Hornqvist.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:56 AM
RaiderDoug

Why in the world would Doan sign for a rebuilding Preds team?

Let's face it, if Weber leaves and we commit to rebuild, the best thing this team could do is finish in the tank and land a guy like McKinnon.

Finishing in 10th does this team no good.

Take the young players you get from the Weber trade, hoard as many great picks as you can get (pawn off the Erats/Legwands/Fishers/Etc), keep your fingers crossed you can land a few dynamic talents in the and next thing you know, we might be the new Pittsburgh Penguins.

The biggest problem this team could face isn't being bad. It's not being bad enough, and not being good enough to be a contender.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post

Let's face it, if Weber leaves and we commit to rebuild, the best thing this team could do is finish in the tank and land a guy like McKinnon.

Take the young players you get from the Weber trade, hoard as many great picks as you can get (pawn off the Erats/Legwands/Fishers/Etc), keep your fingers crossed you can land a few dynamic talents in the and next thing you know, we might be the new Pittsburgh Penguins.

The biggest problem this team could face isn't being bad. It's not being bad enough, and not being good enough to be a contender.
With Rinne in net we are going to be stuck in Calgary territory.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:42 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post

you have to remember if Weber leaves it wont be for nothing... we will get a HUGE return for him... I would argue that the Preds would not be REBUILDING.. we would be REBUILT... maybe more accurately characterized as "revamped" if we got the reported two top 6 forwards in return...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:57 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Worst thing that could happen, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
you have to remember if Weber leaves it wont be for nothing... we will get a HUGE return for him... I would argue that the Preds would not be REBUILDING.. we would be REBUILT... maybe more accurately characterized as "revamped" if we got the reported two top 6 forwards in return...
That's the great unknown. If we hit the jackpot, we could possibly come out of this better off than we were.

If we blow it, then we're screwed.

It's going to be a very interesting next few weeks.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote