HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

That's it, I've had enough.......

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2006, 08:43 PM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
That's it, I've had enough.......

We need to get the old goal-song back for the playoffs. It just won't be the same without it. Vertigo isn't a personal favorite (infact, not only do i not like the song but it has no business in a hockey arena much less playing after the Montreal Canadiens score a goal) but I've dealt with it all season long... and you know what, I'm sick of it. I'd trade a whole regular season of Vertigo for a playoff series filled with http://www.loreille.com/special3.html .

I'm pretty serious here, I know people tried to change it at the beginning of the season with petitions but we should try again.

Old
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
We should do it for sure, I love the OLD GOAL SONG

Old
04-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
We need to get the old goal-song back for the playoffs. It just won't be the same without it. Vertigo isn't a personal favorite (infact, not only do i not like the song but it has no business in a hockey arena much less playing after the Montreal Canadiens score a goal) but I've dealt with it all season long... and you know what, I'm sick of it. I'd trade a whole regular season of Vertigo for a playoff series filled with http://www.loreille.com/special3.html .

I'm pretty serious here, I know people tried to change it at the beginning of the season with petitions but we should try again.
Try some way to make the media know about this and I'm sure they're gonna make a big thing out of it

Old
04-19-2006, 09:04 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan
Try some way to make the media know about this and I'm sure they're gonna make a big thing out of it
Any member of the media frequent these boards? I mean, some guy from CBC posted a thread a few days ago so this board definately has some kind of rep.

Old
04-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Any member of the media frequent these boards? I mean, some guy from CBC posted a thread a few days ago so this board definately has some kind of rep.
maybe they are saving that goal song just for the playoffs to make it that much more special

Hey, I can dream, right?

Old
04-19-2006, 09:32 PM
znk

Someone has to get Ron Fournier to work on this.

Old
04-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Beakermania*

I put my support in for L'Oreille.

Old
04-20-2006, 10:44 AM
znk

Quote:

we did try not so long ago too...
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=235777
And you are right...we should try again and keep trying....

Old
04-20-2006, 10:46 AM
BeatsPerMinute

Quote:
Maybe we should write that guy from CBC an email, he left his address in the other thread. I'll try to find it. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=243175

Old
04-20-2006, 10:49 AM
LeHab

I miss the song too, but you can forget it. They have probably signed some dealwith U2 when they came here last year.

Old
04-20-2006, 11:44 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs
Maybe we should write that guy from CBC an email, he left his address in the other thread. I'll try to find it. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=243175
Is the Bob McKenzie on here legit? If he is, then this is a story he really can't pass up.

Old
04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Is the Bob McKenzie on here legit? If he is, then this is a story he really can't pass up.
Yes he is, he has proven to the HF mods who he was in the past.

Old
04-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Hockeymom67

When I was there the other night I kinda mentionned it to the usher that seats us every week, that the old goal song is much better and he too agreed with me...
We have to do something and soon !

Old
04-20-2006, 01:52 PM
BadHabit

I say someone write a letter to Pierre Boivin (yes, a real letter) and address it to him:

c/o The Montreal Canadiens
1275 St. Antoine Street West
Montreal, QC, CANADA
H3C 5L2

Point him to the various threads and online petitions, maybe he will look at it.

All I know is that I used to write to Ronald Corey when I was a kid and received many cool things and at least 3 personal letters back from him. Boivin seems to be better, so maybe he will take this seriously and check into it!

Closed Thread