HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy XI: Frenzy? More like failure! Amirite?!!?!!11one

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
CT needs to put on about 15 lbs and not lose any speed.

Hagelin is a smallish player, about 2 inches bigger than CT, but CT is a better offensive player, far more dynamic. what sets Hagelin apart from other smallish players is his ability to play the boards. if CT can learn to play the boards like Hagelin does, using elusiveness and agility instead of raw strength, he'd be a fixture in any nhl lineup.

the guy is a 50 goal scorer in juniors...not something easy to do.

Old
07-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Funny thing is that Howson was also the one who let everyone know Nash wanted out.

Nash himself never went public until after Howson outed him to everyone as having asked for a trade.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I still think Zucc can be an NHLer. Just no room for him here. He looked great when he was called up again, but the broken hand just set him back too far.
Yeah, that broken hand came at a horrible time for him and the Rangers. He was just earning a spot in the lineup finally and producing and looking like he was about to stick and then he breaks his hand

Old
07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
satrabyk

Great offseason

I see all this posts about complaints were not doin enough in the offseason and why dont we trade him or him for Nash or another player. The fact of the matter is Torts is making the final call and when it comes to players he seems to know what he is doing much more than when it was left in Sathers hands. I think a lot of poster forgot how signing top free agents to big contracts and trading away youth did for us or they are just that delusional about the matter. For exp why in gods name would you want to trade Hagelin, arguable one of the best rookies since he returned and did great work to allow the top line to gain puck possession and create chances without him Gaborik and Richards didnt do **** together because neither was battling for pucks and creating turnovers the way this guy did. He is great to watch with his speed and determination and they way the game is changing getting faster, i see no reason why we would consider trading a kid like this and im sure Torts sees it the same way. As for Stepan he also showed good things in the playoffs and i wouldint want to move a young grown Ranger.

Whether people see it or not sometimes doing less is actually more because you keep the same faces, chemistry doesent have to be recreated and you follow up a good but not great season and turn it into a great one. Fact is Dubinsky had one very poor year but chances are he will bounce big time with a 40-50 point season if not more knwoing the player he is. Why trade a guy like that.

The one thing we could use imo is a better PP QB, yes Del Zotto is a good kid but he not nearly smooth and good enough to be a top PP QB and night in and night out this was evident. Why dont we package him for say a player like Enstrom and see if that would fly. PP was the problem last year and he along with poor puck retrievala and puck support by all players was the weaknesses. This is what needs fixing. Throwing Nash into that PP does not fix the underlying problems from last year. Yes he might create a couple more goals but int he long run the soltuion steams from the setting up the PP and that was god awful all season. The fact we got with the PP was amazing in itself. We have a team esp with guys like speedy Hagelin and Krieder, now Pyatt, Asham, Gaborik etc who are the type of player that will be drawing penalties, improve the PP starting with the QB.

If we need a more creative forward as a stop gap i would not mind taking a wager with Semin, he if not the most skilled player in the league hes right up there, yes hes compete level is not there often but the loss of player would surely be cheaper than a Nash deal and if Semin played the way he can he is a better player than Nash.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
jskramer83

Wonder what would happen if Sather asked Howson if Rick Nash was available?

Do you think he would be willing to trade him?

Old
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah, that broken hand came at a horrible time for him and the Rangers. He was just earning a spot in the lineup finally and producing and looking like he was about to stick and then he breaks his hand
he broke his arm not hand...i still think he makes it bak to the nhl and i really would not be surprised if he is back with the rangers next season...keep in mind he is being coached this year by paul maurice a former nhl coach who has won the cup, in my opinion stars have aligned and this could help zucc improve his game for the nhl

i know some ppl don't want zucc talk on here, so back to the free agent frenzy...
mike green signed a 3 year contract extension worth 6mil/yr with the caps, talk about insane, yeah he's a great offensive dman but hasnt been healthy in a couple years, i think some owners/players are worried about the cba changing and dont want to lose their players

Old
07-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
I remember we were all saying these same things about Zucc after we signed him.
Did Zucc get a real chance? Hardly. Also, are Euro rinks not bigger therefore size wouldn't be as much of an issue? Thomas has played in NA his entire life and has to make none of the adjustments Zucc did.

07-17-2012, 05:00 PM
turcotte8

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/catego...exander-semin/

Custance writes that in regards to Semin, who made $6.7 million last season, “there appears to be a difference in opinion of what that salary should be.”

It has been suggested that Semin is looking for a two-year deal worth $10 million and that he needs “the right fit.”

I don't want him but that doesn't seem like a ridiculous contract for him.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/catego...exander-semin/

Custance writes that in regards to Semin, who made $6.7 million last season, “there appears to be a difference in opinion of what that salary should be.”

It has been suggested that Semin is looking for a two-year deal worth $10 million and that he needs “the right fit.”

I don't want him but that doesn't seem like a ridiculous contract for him.
"The right fit" is why he probably won't sign here.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Probably somewhere where he can coast, not play a lick of defense, and has a coach that will give him free reign.

He shouldve played in NY 10 years ago.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:19 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I know he doesn't fit here, as I said in my post I don't want him. But if all he's asking for is 2 years/10 million you would think someone would have taken a chance on him by now.
Maybe Pittsburgh? Crosby/Neal on one line, Malkin/Semin on the other. They don't seem too concerned with improving their defense, might as well try and win every game 6-5.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
nevesis

$5 Milllion for two years? You do that. Hard to imagine he would want that little though.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:32 PM
we want the cup 94

Anyone hear anything on that Blackhawks,Rangers,Ducks 3 way ? was it legit or someone playing games again . It would have to be something with Ryan , Kane/SHarp, Dubi erixon/MdZ, Miller ...

Old
07-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I see all this posts about complaints were not doin enough in the offseason and why dont we trade him or him for Nash or another player. The fact of the matter is Torts is making the final call and when it comes to players he seems to know what he is doing much more than when it was left in Sathers hands. I think a lot of poster forgot how signing top free agents to big contracts and trading away youth did for us or they are just that delusional about the matter. For exp why in gods name would you want to trade Hagelin, arguable one of the best rookies since he returned and did great work to allow the top line to gain puck possession and create chances without him Gaborik and Richards didnt do **** together because neither was battling for pucks and creating turnovers the way this guy did. He is great to watch with his speed and determination and they way the game is changing getting faster, i see no reason why we would consider trading a kid like this and im sure Torts sees it the same way. As for Stepan he also showed good things in the playoffs and i wouldint want to move a young grown Ranger.

Whether people see it or not sometimes doing less is actually more because you keep the same faces, chemistry doesent have to be recreated and you follow up a good but not great season and turn it into a great one. Fact is Dubinsky had one very poor year but chances are he will bounce big time with a 40-50 point season if not more knwoing the player he is. Why trade a guy like that.

The one thing we could use imo is a better PP QB, yes Del Zotto is a good kid but he not nearly smooth and good enough to be a top PP QB and night in and night out this was evident. Why dont we package him for say a player like Enstrom and see if that would fly. PP was the problem last year and he along with poor puck retrievala and puck support by all players was the weaknesses. This is what needs fixing. Throwing Nash into that PP does not fix the underlying problems from last year. Yes he might create a couple more goals but int he long run the soltuion steams from the setting up the PP and that was god awful all season. The fact we got with the PP was amazing in itself. We have a team esp with guys like speedy Hagelin and Krieder, now Pyatt, Asham, Gaborik etc who are the type of player that will be drawing penalties, improve the PP starting with the QB.

If we need a more creative forward as a stop gap i would not mind taking a wager with Semin, he if not the most skilled player in the league hes right up there, yes hes compete level is not there often but the loss of player would surely be cheaper than a Nash deal and if Semin played the way he can he is a better player than Nash.
We don't need another PPQB. We already have Brad Richards who is one of the better ones in the league. We need a triggerman from the point, not another playmaker/set up man.

Old
07-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Anyone hear anything on that Blackhawks,Rangers,Ducks 3 way ? was it legit or someone playing games again . It would have to be something with Ryan , Kane/SHarp, Dubi erixon/MdZ, Miller ...
One of the moderators said that Twitter account wasn't a legitimate source.

Old
07-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Lundsanity30

I would absolutely take a chance on Semin on a 2 year deal at 5M per.

Old
07-17-2012, 06:16 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Probably somewhere where he can coast, not play a lick of defense, and has a coach that will give him free reign.

He shouldve played in NY 10 years ago.
He can still do those things and play in NY ...

07-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

2 years @ 5 M per is not a bad contract, especially since we could use him on offense.

Old
07-17-2012, 06:29 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
I don't like to go ga-ga over rumors but I do enjoy playing the 3-way game. What if Anaheim saw Dave Bolland as the center they want as part of a Ryan deal?

Old
07-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
so someone clear this up for me we have this thread for free agency/offseason stuff and we have an around the league thread....where does info on new coaches for other teams go? lol

Old
07-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Rust Heisenberg

I wish we traded for Patrick Sharp. While I'm an advocator for Nash/Ryan a move like Sharp makes so much more sense.

All this talk about how Howson wants to hit a home run got me to the conclusion that he's not the only one fooling himself that he can fix everything in a single trade. To get Nash or Ryan we'll have to give up valuable depth pieces, pieces that aren't necessarily eye-popping when you analyze them by themselves (like Stepan or Dubinsky), but are invaluable to our current roster together. To do a trade like this is a direct contradiction to the direction that the organization took a few years ago. We would be reverting back to the old Ranger mistakes, where we deluded ourselves by thinking that a star caliber player would fix our problems. We're not fixing our problems in one swing, and to get one of these players would mean we're fixing one problem but opening several others.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not in favor of inaction and idleness. I want a trade, a trade for an improvement. Patrick Sharp if he's available would be in my opinion so much more valuable to our franchise than a Rick Nash. He'd be an under rated acquisition, one that championship teams make before they win the championship. He'd be an upgrade to our top 6, which is what we need, and produces enough to make him a game changer throughout the season and playoffs. We have our star players already, its time to build around them.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Machinehead
H8ers Gonna H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I wish we traded for Patrick Sharp. While I'm an advocator for Nash/Ryan a move like Sharp makes so much more sense.

All this talk about how Howson wants to hit a home run got me to the conclusion that he's not the only one fooling himself that he can fix everything in a single trade. To get Nash or Ryan we'll have to give up valuable depth pieces, pieces that aren't necessarily eye-popping when you analyze them by themselves (like Stepan or Dubinsky), but are invaluable to our current roster together. To do a trade like this is a direct contradiction to the direction that the organization took a few years ago. We would be reverting back to the old Ranger mistakes, where we deluded ourselves by thinking that a star caliber player would fix our problems. We're not fixing our problems in one swing, and to get one of these players would mean we're fixing one problem but opening several others.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not in favor of inaction and idleness. I want a trade, a trade for an improvement. Patrick Sharp if he's available would be in my opinion so much more valuable to our franchise than a Rick Nash. He'd be an under rated acquisition, one that championship teams make before they win the championship. He'd be an upgrade to our top 6, which is what we need, and produces enough to make him a game changer throughout the season and playoffs. We have our star players already, its time to build around them.
I doubt he's available, he's part of Chicago's core and largely considered untouchable.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

I may be in the minority, but I think the Rangers have done a good job this offseason not overpaying for second tier UFAs or trading half the core for an overpaid underachiever. Also great moves to solidify the bottom 6. Everyone complains about how Sather ran the team in the past, now he is doing the complete opposite and building from within and people still complain.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Machinehead
H8ers Gonna H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I may be in the minority, but I think the Rangers have done a good job this offseason not overpaying for second tier UFAs or trading half the core for an overpaid underachiever. Also great moves to solidify the bottom 6. Everyone complains about how Sather ran the team in the past, now he is doing the complete opposite and building from within and people still complain.
He used to sign people for the sake of signing people. Now he's refusing to address glaring needs for the sake of not signing people. Can't we split the difference?

Old
07-17-2012, 07:27 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

If Thomas is ready, I'm salivating thinking about his one timer on the left point on the PP. Talk about what the PP is missing.

Closed Thread