HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League 2011-2012 VII

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

vCash: 500
I think the owners will give in and let the season start in time with the current CBA. Way too much TV-money to lose otherwise.

Old
07-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
That pretty much proves they're not watching much of our games.
I'm pretty sure people just confuse "young" and "fast".

Old
07-17-2012, 01:11 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Most of the best-known players on the team are pretty quick. That colors opinion more than anything, I'd guess.

Looking from a different angle, rather than saying which players are slow, try to name the teams that are faster than the Avs. Off the top of my head, not many, and maybe two in the East.

Old
07-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Most of the best-known players on the team are pretty quick. That colors opinion more than anything, I'd guess.

Looking from a different angle, rather than saying which players are slow, try to name the teams that are faster than the Avs. Off the top of my head, not many, and maybe two in the East.
The only one of our players who's really fast is Dutch. Our transition game is really lacking given the lack of PMD's on our blueline.

As for the teams that play a more fast paced game there are Leafs, Pens, Flyers, Oilers and they are all faster by far than Colorado.

Old
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
I had a dream that we traded Duchene for Bobby Ryan

I was very pissed in the dream

EDIT: No wait, it was Duchene for Patrick Kane - which is weird. I still wasn't happy we got rid of him.
If you have a bad dream....it's best not to talk about it.

I had one where the team was at the draft, McGinn was re-signed and also a bunch of our players were there dressed in gear and a hockey helmet.

I don't consider us to be a fast team anymore but we do play a fast game. However, so did the 09-11 Leafs.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
If you have a bad dream....it's best not to talk about it.

I had one where the team was at the draft, McGinn was re-signed and also a bunch of our players were there dressed in gear and a hockey helmet.

I don't consider us to be a fast team anymore but we do play a fast game. However, so did the 09-11 Leafs.
I've always heard that if you tell your dreams, they won't come true.

And don't say, "No, that's only for wishes."

Old
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I've always heard that if you tell your dreams, they won't come true.

And don't say, "No, that's only for wishes."
No, that's only for wishes.

Old
07-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 6908
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true,
Or is it something worse?

Old
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Cynthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
The only one of our players who's really fast is Dutch. Our transition game is really lacking given the lack of PMD's on our blueline.

As for the teams that play a more fast paced game there are Leafs, Pens, Flyers, Oilers and they are all faster by far than Colorado.
We have several players, not just Duchene, that are faster than the league average. The thing is, it's not the speed of individual players that make the Avs one of the fastest teams in the league. The main reason is that we have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Because we have such a young roster, our players usually have plenty of energy to use whatever speed they do have. Then there is also the altitude advantage, which provides a slight boost to conditioning.

None of the teams you listed are faster, as a whole, than the Avs. All of those teams have a couple of very fast individual players, but as a team they tire out much more quickly than the Avs.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthesis View Post
We have several players, not just Duchene, that are faster than the league average. The thing is, it's not the speed of individual players that make the Avs one of the fastest teams in the league. The main reason is that we have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Because we have such a young roster, our players usually have plenty of energy to use whatever speed they do have. Then there is also the altitude advantage, which provides a slight boost to conditioning.

None of the teams you listed are faster, as a whole, than the Avs. All of those teams have a couple of very fast individual players, but as a team they tire out much more quickly than the Avs.
All of the teams I've listed play in a fast paced run and gun system unlike the Avs. And if they're superior in conditioning compared to other teams they sure aren't showing that most of the time late in games.

Closed Thread