HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Completely OT (Some Obscene Number)

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

vCash: 500
Some time ago, an enterprising group established what is now TSN 990 on Montreal radio, an all-sports English radio station, and it evolved to become a commercial success. It was so successful, in fact, that CKAC — a French-language station that had been broadcasting since the 1920s — followed their lead and went to an all-sports French-language format in 2007. So you had a rabid hockey market served by French and English radio.

In September of last year, the profitable CKAC took advantage of the prospects of even greater profits by taking advantage of a massive government subsidy to adopt an all-traffic format. Today, TSN 990 revealed it's changing from an English all-sports format to a French all-sports format, because of course, the French sports market in Montreal is so underserved. So the English get screwed. Again.

All I can say is that crap like this is why Anglos have been leaving in droves since about 1990. **** that province and **** that city. So glad I got out. Thanks to the parental units.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Cush
-inator

Old
07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
ForzaItalia

Pretty cool:

Quote:
DEFIANCE, Ohio - Karl Kissner picked up a soot-covered cardboard box that had been under a wooden dollhouse in his grandfather's attic. Taking a look inside, he saw hundreds of baseball cards bundled with twine. They were smaller than the ones he was used to seeing.

But some of the names were familiar: Hall of Famers Ty Cobb, Cy Young and Honus Wagner.
More here:

Link

Old
07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/7/1...w-video-devils

This whole thing just reminded me how Brian Burke is going to be the USA GM again and he's going to favor players who have done his You can play BS.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
If that Dwight Howard trade goes down, it's going to be hard for me to follow basketball anymore.
Join me, stop following the BS NBA. College BB still provides enjoyment, IMO. Mainly because the players appear to give a ****.

It is hilarious to see how Howard has completely screwed the entire situation. All he had to do was follow what Carmello did to get out of Denver. "I will only accept a trade to the Nets" and that's it. Instead the jackass teeters back and forth to the point he takes his option for another year in Orlando, then he hurts his back. The guy is not very bright.

Old
07-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Join me, stop following the BS NBA. College BB still provides enjoyment, IMO. Mainly because the players appear to give a ****.

It is hilarious to see how Howard has completely screwed the entire situation. All he had to do was follow what Carmello did to get out of Denver. "I will only accept a trade to the Nets" and that's it. Instead the jackass teeters back and forth to the point he takes his option for another year in Orlando, then he hurts his back. The guy is not very bright.
My interest in the NBA has been dwindling the past few years. Having a losing culture here doesn't help, neither does the amount of ridiculous max contracts being thrown around. You also have a senile commissioner who went as far as to say "Have you stopped beating your wife?" to a radio host.

Always liked NCAA BBall more, never an issue.

Old
07-14-2012, 11:36 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post

Do they? The players give a **** about what exactly in the NCAA? All the one and done says otherwise to me...

Old
07-17-2012, 03:48 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/sketchy-...-29977908.html

The Lego Wire. Not much else to say.

Old
07-17-2012, 06:18 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

http://deadspin.com/5924827/american...se?tag=dadspin

So funny it hurts.

Old
07-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Carlzner

Well, looks like I'll be able to see Jeremy Lin quite a few times this year. (Not a Rockets fan though, or any NBA team for that matter)

Old
07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
He's making fun of an "evolution" that has been happening since humans started naming themselves. Sure, cherry pick some really dumb ones but let's not forget Drew and other are considered more "traditional" name currently.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

It's absolutely ridiculous how great the iPhone/iTouch is at recording sound. I have an external microphone for my laptop (granted not a remotely expensive one or anything) and it doesn't even come close. Guitar and vocals at the same time is decently choppy, but comes out almost flawless on my iPod. It's really remarkable that such a tiny thing is so effective. Very impressive.

Old
07-19-2012, 06:29 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Chick at 0:34 with no underwear must have a proud father.

Old
07-19-2012, 06:37 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post

Chick at 0:34 with no underwear must have a proud father.
Couldn't quite tell there. Funny overall. Man the women getting scared pretty there, lol.

07-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Carlzner

So... another ****ing storm tonight?!

Old
07-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Carlzner

Just my luck... going to see Dark Knight Rises tonight and there's going to be a ****ing hurricane.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
You should consider yourself lucky it was only a hurricane.

WTF is wrong with this country.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:58 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Suspect's name is Holmes, news reports have his Mom saying "You have the right guy". That's a telling comment, suggesting that she knew he was capable of this.

Old
07-20-2012, 10:05 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Crazy, but we could live in Syria....

Old
07-20-2012, 10:15 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

I don't even want to know which country has had more murders this year.

Old
07-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Foy

Saw Batman last night, and it was good, but god damn going to a movie a miserable ****ing experience these days.

They told us to line up for the movie before 11 pm. People that weren't there before 11 weren't guaranteed whether or not they would be able to sit with their groups.

So then we get in the theater, and the 20 minutes of commercials before don't start until 10 of. Then 20 minutes of trailers. Then the 3 hour movie. Then they wouldn't let us out right away for "traffic controls" then it took me 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot. I didn't get home until 4:15. People complain about how long baseball games are, but I was at the movie theater more than 5 hours to see that movie. It's just a miserable ****ing experience to see a movie these days.

Old
07-20-2012, 11:20 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
They told us to line up for the movie before 11 pm. People that weren't there before 11 weren't guaranteed whether or not they would be able to sit with their groups.

So then we get in the theater, and the 20 minutes of commercials before don't start until 10 of. Then 20 minutes of trailers. Then the 3 hour movie. Then they wouldn't let us out right away for "traffic controls" then it took me 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot. I didn't get home until 4:15. People complain about how long baseball games are, but I was at the movie theater more than 5 hours to see that movie. It's just a miserable ****ing experience to see a movie these days.

Or, you could do what like...100 million people will do in the next few months and...not see it at midnight.

Old
07-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Foy

If I didn't see it tonight, it's going to be 3 weeks until I can see it. I probably should have waited, but even if I didn't, it's still a 4+ hour experience seeing a movie.

The movie itself is almost 3 hours. 30 minutes of trailers before hand. I believe I counted 9 trailers.

Old
07-20-2012, 11:35 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Waiting three weeks isn't the worst thing in the world. I'm going to see it in IMAX. I want nothing to do with these crowds, so ill just wait them out. It's just a movie. In the meantime, ill focus on the important stuff. Like laughing at Semin.

Old
07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Jessica Redfield who killed last night in CO, was a hockey blogger from Denver

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0034--nhl.html

Closed Thread