HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy XI: Frenzy? More like failure! Amirite?!!?!!11one

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
I hope Shane Doan is Plan B.

It seems like a long shot though.

Helps our depth.

Now I sound like SupersonicMonkey. (In a good way)

Old
07-17-2012, 08:14 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I hope Shane Doan is Plan B.

It seems like a long shot though.

Helps our depth.

Now I sound like SupersonicMonkey. (In a good way)
My bet is that Sather would Love to pickup Shane Doan

Unfortunately, Doan probably wants to get paid?

My bet is that $22/24 for 4 is the winning bid.

Old
07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
It's a shame half this board doesn't remember the pre-lockout Rangers. Slats and staff are being patient and NOT throwing money around, and people are complaining like the sky is falling. OMG WE'RE NOT ADRESSING OUR SCORING!

Rome wasn't built in a day. The market is dry and teams are waiting to see what's going on with the new CBA. We just finished 1st in the East. If we iced this lineup in October, we'll be okay. We're not going to lose every game because Gaborik is hurt.

Old
07-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
It's a shame half this board doesn't remember the pre-lockout Rangers. Slats and staff are being patient and NOT throwing money around, and people are complaining like the sky is falling. OMG WE'RE NOT ADRESSING OUR SCORING!

Rome wasn't built in a day. The market is dry and teams are waiting to see what's going on with the new CBA. We just finished 1st in the East. If we iced this lineup in October, we'll be okay. We're not going to lose every game because Gaborik is hurt.
Do you think any Rangers prospects start with the team or join the team mid-season?

Old
07-17-2012, 08:40 PM
LordsCup*

Been very attached to this offseason thread and i can honestly say except for a very few handful of posters, nobody is really upset or saying we need to do anything right this second and that by not trading for a top player right now that we are dooming the team.

Seems like a ton of more posters just ranting for the heck of it about these phantom posters complaining about not getting Nash which isnt even happening

Just because people are discussing the idea of a trade for nash or whoever doesnt mean people are upset that sather is not racing out to get him right this second.

Old
07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
jskramer83

Quote:

"But Holik played for A defensive team in the devils, if he was a ranger he would score 35 goals and 90 PTS......."

Sound familiar, I feel like I have heard a similar arguement this year but can't think of where?

Old
07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Sorry we're not getting the 4 points in the playoffs superstar.
Semin didn't have the best playoff year, but he had 4 goals and 2 assists in the 2010-11 playoffs (9 games) and helped knock us out (He scored the first goal in the blown 3-0 lead game and the overtime winner in game 1). He was also good for 5 goals 9 assists in 2008-09 playoffs with a point a game stats for 14 games. He didn't get as much playing time as he was accustomed too as Hunter played grinders more than his skill players. I am not advocating we sign Semin unless the deal is too good to be true, but he has been clutch in the playoffs at times, especially against us, this postseason just was not his year. I certainly hope we don't face whichever team he is on next year in the playoffs, I doubt we would be so lucky again as he seems to have our number.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Lundsanity30

Heaven forbid Semin doesn't throw himself in front of a puck to block a shot everytime he's on the ice.. I guess a guy who has put up 38, 26, 34, 40, 28 goals wouldn't help the goal scoring on this team. Or the guy with a legit power shot from the right point would do no good to help this team's power play...

Old
07-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

What nobody is taking into consideration when mentioning guys like Drury, Gomez, Holik etc, is that the Rangers team this year was far and beyond any talent that those guys played with as Rangers, so its not inconceivable to see Nash stay consistent at 30+ goals or more, same with Semin. They've been doing it their whole careers.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
* I certainly hope we don't face whichever team he is on next year in the playoffs, I doubt we would be so lucky again as he seems to have our number.
Yeah, I'd much rather worry about Semin than Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Giroux, Kovalchuk, The Staals etc... To be honest I'm a tad more worried about even making the playoffs with Gabby not at 100%
until Jan.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:13 PM
M Gaz
Goalie Killer

vCash: 2946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Yeah, I'd much rather worry about Semin than Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Giroux, Kovalchuk, The Staals etc... To be honest I'm a tad more worried about even making the playoffs with Gabby not at 100%
until Jan.
Buddy we made the playoffs in 10-11 with an injured Gabby. We're making the playoffs no problem next year. He's missing 2 god damn months not half the season.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
Buddy we made the playoffs in 10-11 with an injured Gabby. We're making the playoffs no problem next year. He's missing 2 god damn months not half the season.
Buddy? lol

You do realize we were also a mere 7 pts from finishing 4th in our division with a healthy Gaborik and a Vezina winning goaltender right?

And another thing, I'd quit living off of past results...NJ tanked in 10-11 for various reasons and didn't make the playoffs even with a hell of a stretch towards the end. The following season they're playing in the SCF...So really, let's let last season be just that...

Last edited by Jackpot: 07-17-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old
07-17-2012, 10:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Buddy? lol

You do realize we were also a mere 7 pts from finishing 4th in our division with a healthy Gaborik and a Vezina winning goaltender right?
The team is still a top 8 seed without Gaborik. Perhaps closer to 8 than 1...but a playoff team nonetheless. Remember, we now have a full season of Kreider and a bunch of other young guys who are still getting better. Not worried about a complete collapse because Gabby is out for a few months.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Buddy? lol

And another thing, I'd quit living off of past results...NJ tanked in 10-11 for various reasons and didn't make the playoffs even with a hell of a stretch towards the end. The following season they're playing in the SCF...So really, let's let last season be just that...
And you realize we were mere points from finishing first overall in the NHL last season. If we don't make the playoffs tortorella will be fired, even with an injured gaborik to start the year we should make the playoffs. And the point about Semin is he has had our number in the playoffs, who is to say he won't end up with Pitt or Carolina?

Old
07-17-2012, 10:41 PM
M Gaz
Goalie Killer

vCash: 2946
Quote:
Buddy? lol

I'm just using it as an example. Everybody is freaking out about it like we're gonna be a freaking lottery team next year. It really seems as if 90% of HF Boards hasn't been watching hockey for very long. Injuries happen, and hopefully the rest of the team steps up in Gabby's absence. It won't be the end of the world.

Old
07-17-2012, 11:00 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Detroit, to nobody's surprise, is on Rick Nash's short list of approved destinations. And the Red Wings, naturally, would love to land the high-scoring forward.

The Red Wings made "a hell of an offer" to Columbus for Nash, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. But the offer generated no conversation.

No counteroffer, no back and forth negotiation, nothing.

It is clear Columbus has no intention of trading the face of its franchise to the team it considers to be its top rival, a Detroit club that has dominated the Blue Jackets since they entered the NHL in 2000-01.
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....tch_for_r.html

07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Machinehead
Because Rongos

This whole thing is making me hate Nash

Old
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This whole thing is making me hate Nash
Well that is unfair. How is this his fault that Howson is acting like a complete ass during this..

Old
07-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Machinehead
Because Rongos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Well that is unfair. How is this his fault that Howson is acting like a complete ass during this..
Just tired of him.

Old
07-17-2012, 11:23 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

There's probably going to be a lockout so Gaborik may only end up missing 8-10 games, and remember the first half is the easier/looser part of the season anyways so other guys will step up.

I also fully expect a dark horse to make the team and contribute (Hrivik is my pick).

This team's bread and butter is solid D and goaltending so as long as that remains, Rangers will be fine.

Nash? I don't hate Nash but I'm just fed up with him and this whole "angle" to steal a wrestling term. It's like when the "Office Appropriate" local radio station at work plays the same Adele or James Taylor song 4x a day, you're going to want to smash the radio after a few days.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This one sure fights like the fat chick.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:53 AM
MSG the place to be*

The Buccigross tweet makes too much sense to be true and too much sense not to be true. What to believe....?

Old
07-18-2012, 12:56 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkton4 View Post
The Buccigross tweet makes too much sense to be true and too much sense not to be true. What to believe....?
Actually it makes no sense whatsoever. Stop following buccigross he knows jack shir, has no sources.

And anyone who thinks d.boyle for gaborik is a good move, knows dick about this team.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
It's pretty clear the Rangers have no interest. I think Zip and Cerny both said "Rangers have no interest in Semin."
Yeah, the only rumors I hear surrounding Semin and the Rangers involve them having no interest in him.

"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail

"You set on me but you are not the sun"
Old
07-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Actually it makes no sense whatsoever. Stop following buccigross he knows jack shir, has no sources.

And anyone who thinks d.boyle for gaborik is a good move, knows dick about this team.
Why would that be?

Because the Rangers have an abundance of offensive Dmen, guys who make our power play run like a well-oiled machine?

Because the last thing our coach would do is bring in a player who was a key contributor for his Stanley Cup-winning TB squad?

Because Gaborik is an iron man who never misses a game (while owning a cap hit of $7.5MM) and plays the exact style of two-way hockey his coach preaches?

Of course, the scoring would need to be replaced (and then some) but to not think this was a possibility is looking at it with blinders on.

Closed Thread