HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

NA3HL---How good is this league

Old
04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
aceofheart

vCash: 500
NA3HL---How good is this league

I want opinions on whether this league is a good league to play in if a player wanted to play a couple of years Junior and hopefully move on to Div 1 or Div 3 NCAA hockey? And if so...which teams are best in moving their players to the next level and which ones are not as good. Thank you for your suggestions.

aceofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:26 PM
LVShark

I really doubt you could make the jump from the NA3HL to D1 college. You would be better off trying to move up into the NAHL or the EJHL and then try to make a college team or commit to go to a college team.

LVShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:08 AM
aceofheart

So if a team approached me for a tryout, and said that they moved a lot of roster players to the next level...they probably mean the NAHL or ACHA or Div III ...am I correct in assuming this??

Old
04-05-2012, 12:19 AM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVShark View Post
I really doubt you could make the jump from the NA3HL to D1 college. You would be better off trying to move up into the NAHL or the EJHL and then try to make a college team or commit to go to a college team.
As LV said, most players that aspire to play DI play in the NA3HL (formerly CSHL) and then move up to the NAHL, USHL, or EJHL. The NAHL took over the league in 2011 and has developed it into a bit of a farm system so moving from this league to the NAHL or USHL is common for talented players.

The St. Louis Jr. Blues are by far the top team of the NA3HL and routinely are the champions. The Jr. Blues have a lot of alumni that go on to the NAHL, USHL, college, and pro hockey. Granite City came into the league with some other teams from the MnJHL last season and was a top team in that league and did great this season in the NA3HL. The Michigan based teams, Toledo and Cleveland have also been good.
As already stated, the league produces NCAA DI players indirectly through them moving up to higher junior levels prior to college. It does produce NCAA DIII and ACHA DI level players quite effectively, and a lot of alumni are playing for some good DIII and top ACHA DI teams.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
aceofheart

So if you had tryouts with teams from Atlantic Jr-EJHL and NA3HL...I presume that EJHL would be best, then either NA3HL or Atlantic Jr HL after??

Old
04-05-2012, 02:48 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofheart View Post
So if you had tryouts with teams from Atlantic Jr-EJHL and NA3HL...I presume that EJHL would be best, then either NA3HL or Atlantic Jr HL after??
Yes the EJHL is the better of the leagues you mentioned

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post
Yes the EJHL is the better of the leagues you mentioned
The EJ is definitely superior, then the AJ and CSHL are about the same and depends on what your looking for. AJ is nicely located and you have a ok shot at D3 schools if you preform well. Where CSHL players move to the NAHL to get to the next level. The only issue going forward is after this year the EJ may take a dramatic hit that would bring it on par with the other 2.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:49 AM
aceofheart

what do you mean that the EJ is going to take a hit?? The reason why I am asking is because I have had 2 invites for AJHL tryouts, 1 in the EJ and 1 in the NA3HL...I am 18 going on 19 later this year and wanted to know which league moves players best to the college ranks/NAHL then college

Old
04-06-2012, 05:45 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofheart View Post
what do you mean that the EJ is going to take a hit?? The reason why I am asking is because I have had 2 invites for AJHL tryouts, 1 in the EJ and 1 in the NA3HL...I am 18 going on 19 later this year and wanted to know which league moves players best to the college ranks/NAHL then college
The EJ "may" take a hit from the rumored USHL expansion. If the Monarchs/Hitman/JR Bruins and one or 2 others jump ship the whole top have of the league is gone. This reduces its pull for scouts thus the players willing to play. Not to mention the viability of the league. Hell it may impact the AJ as well....

That said all this is still rumors and hearsay atm....Just be wary of EJ teams that "want you" then you learn they just want you to fill their Empire team. As a 18/19yo you can't afford to "pay your dues" in the Empire in hopes you get moved up.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:42 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
The EJ "may" take a hit from the rumored USHL expansion. If the Monarchs/Hitman/JR Bruins and one or 2 others jump ship the whole top have of the league is gone. This reduces its pull for scouts thus the players willing to play. Not to mention the viability of the league. Hell it may impact the AJ as well....

That said all this is still rumors and hearsay atm....Just be wary of EJ teams that "want you" then you learn they just want you to fill their Empire team. As a 18/19yo you can't afford to "pay your dues" in the Empire in hopes you get moved up.
Dont forget the Middlesex Islanders (New England Huskies) are rumored to make that jump. But I talked to Sean Tremblay last weekend, he wouldn't confirm that. (In my opinion I think he was publicly saying the right thing)

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Goalie01

The NA3HL in summary is a great way to move up to the tier 2 level where more NCAA college looks will become available. Many NA3HL players do go to NCAA D3 right from their team in that league, but the younger players tend to have more years of juniors and try to make that jump to the tier 2 level so they have a better resume to the scouts playing in a tier 2 league. The NA3HL has very good connections along with the MnJHL being in the hotbed of junior hockey, but the AJ and EJ are in the hotbed of NCAA D3 and D1s which is why you see more of those players being picked up by a NCAA school instead of trying to go tier 2. I think the AJ and EJ are fighting for more of a tier 2 status by the way they fight the NA in who can produce more college commitments

Goalie01 is offline   Reply With Quote