HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Future ?

Old
07-17-2012, 05:39 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

vCash: 500
Future ?

Im sitting here at work and was thinking is it to early to start talking contract extensions with Vanek and Pominville ? Also does anyone else feel Miller is going to bolt when his contract is up ?

Any thoughts?

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 05:47 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

I dont think vanek is here with Ruff, unless we win a lot over the next 2 years. I think Poms will be a life long Sabre. Miller, Im not sure they would want to even sign him long term today if they could.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 05:59 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

My issue with miller is he can flat out steal wins and he makes our team better, but he seems like he is frustrated here. Id love to aquire schneider but it would be to costly

Old
07-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

I'm already planning on Miller riding out his current contract and going elsewhere. Although it seems like Ennis is his new BFF, so who knows.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:15 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I'm already planning on Miller riding out his current contract and going elsewhere. Although it seems like Ennis is his new BFF, so who knows.
Why is Ennis his new BFF?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:19 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
My issue with miller is he can flat out steal wins and he makes our team better, but he seems like he is frustrated here. Id love to aquire schneider but it would be to costly
??

He's clearly frustrated with the media here, that's for sure. I can't think of any comments he's made which indicate he's frustrated with the team.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Rammstein816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
??

He's clearly frustrated with the media here, that's for sure. I can't think of any comments he's made which indicate he's frustrated with the team.
Not sure what exactly he's referencing, but perhaps he's referring to the comments after the Gaustad trade?

Rammstein816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Rammstein816

The rumors of Doan coming here have led me to question where Pominville's role might be. Armia, Stafford, and potentially Doan will be locked up at RW with close to unmovable contracts. After that you have Tropp and Kaleta to occupy the 3rd and 4th line spots. Add in Vanek (sometimes RW), Sundher, and Catanacci (if they get converted from center) and you have a logjam, not to even mention if one of the LWs gets moved over. I just don't see a spot for Pominville anywhere, not that I don't want him here.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:32 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein816 View Post
The rumors of Doan coming here have led me to question where Pominville's role might be. Armia, Stafford, and potentially Doan will be locked up at RW with close to unmovable contracts. After that you have Tropp and Kaleta to occupy the 3rd and 4th line spots. Add in Vanek (sometimes RW), Sundher, and Catanacci (if they get converted from center) and you have a logjam, not to even mention if one of the LWs gets moved over. I just don't see a spot for Pominville anywhere, not that I don't want him here.
Doan can play left wing as well. If he signed, 1st year wings could be... Vanek, Foligno, Leino/Ott, Gerbe on the left, Pominville, Doan, Stafford, Kaleta/Tropp on the right. When Armia comes up next season, shift Doan to the left side and either trade/demote/waive/buyout Leino. Year 2 would he Vanek, Doan, Foligno, Gerbe on the left, and Pominville, Stafford, Armia, and Tropp/Kaleta on the left.

You wouldn't just trade your captain, you would drop your least productive guy, and out of that group it'd be Leino, especially when cost comes into the equation.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:39 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
??

Mainly thats what i was referencing, the goose trade, response after lucic, also i get the vibe he is frustrated that we havent left the first round after his first two years we went further...again speculation on my part, i feel like he likes most of the guys but at the same time isnt tied to any of them

Old
07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Why is Ennis his new BFF?
Watch them celebrate together after the games ended last year. Ennis is usually the last one to hug Miller and they act pretty goofy together when celebrating. Just seemed like they had a BFF thing going on.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:53 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Watch them celebrate together after the games ended last year. Ennis is usually the last one to hug Miller and they act pretty goofy together when celebrating. Just seemed like they had a BFF thing going on.
:shrug: I think Ennis has handshake or celebratory type things he does with most teammates. I thought I read that or saw an interview about it.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:13 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
You don't move a guy like Pominville for a guy like Doan.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Superhero

From my understanding, contracts cannot be extended until a player is in final year of their current contract.

Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:38 PM
sabresandcanucks

Keep both at reduced CAP hits if possible. Miller is a must unless Enroth surpasses my wildest expectations in terms of his development.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
Keep both at reduced CAP hits if possible. Miller is a must unless Enroth surpasses my wildest expectations in terms of his development.
Maybe Ullmark?

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Rammstein816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
You don't move a guy like Pominville for a guy like Doan.
I didn't say that at all. I was just trying to figure out what spot Pominville would have if Doan, Stafford, and Armia were all here. It's not really a Doan for Pominville swap, in fact I'd only give Doan a 2 year contract at most, which would have him gone by the time Pominville needs to be re-upped.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:53 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
Maybe Ullmark?
What goalie can you think of that has been developed enough by age 20 to be a starter in the NHL? Certainly none recently. 22-24 seems like the age goalies break in as starters now. So re-sign Miller for another 3 years and see if we have someone to take his spot then.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
What goalie can you think of that has been developed enough by age 20 to be a starter in the NHL? Certainly none recently. 22-24 seems like the age goalies break in as starters now. So re-sign Miller for another 3 years and see if we have someone to take his spot then.
You're right. Probably best to keep Miller and Enroth in place for a while.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:33 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Keep Pommers for sure as long as he doesn't want a raise, as far as Vanek and Miller go let's see how this season goes then go from there...

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:03 AM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

I say extened vanek and pominville, explore trade market on miller but if we can't find a good deal extend him too

Pominville 5 years 27.5 mil
Vanek 7 years 40 million
Miller 5 years 27.5 million

TheyAreGoodScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:07 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
I didn't say that at all. I was just trying to figure out what spot Pominville would have if Doan, Stafford, and Armia were all here. It's not really a Doan for Pominville swap, in fact I'd only give Doan a 2 year contract at most, which would have him gone by the time Pominville needs to be re-upped.
If those are our RW players in 2/3 years I'm moving Doan to the LW, which has become our weakest position top down when you consider prospects as well as big club guys.

Granted, unless he's pulling a Selanne in a few years he'd probably be a 3rd liner on the left anyways behind Vanek and Foligno.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:26 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
If those are our RW players in 2/3 years I'm moving Doan to the LW, which has become our weakest position top down when you consider prospects as well as big club guys.

Granted, unless he's pulling a Selanne in a few years he'd probably be a 3rd liner on the left anyways behind Vanek and Foligno.
You sort of hit my general perspective in passing. Short term problem is at center, long term problem is at LW - but you can easily make a center a winger. Obviously doesn't work the other way around, which is why I like our current situation. It has us set up nicely on the blueline and down the middle.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:21 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
Maybe Ullmark?
NHL ready in 2 years?

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote