HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Sweat in the eyes

Old
07-01-2012, 10:10 AM
clayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krax View Post
Does he play in an 80's cover band in his spare time?

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Hank4Hart

another option is to add a sweatband to your helmet... like we goalies do with our masks

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:16 PM
theotis77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
underarmor skull cap

/thread
So I bought one of these, and used it in my first game of the season tonight. Awesome. Not a single drop of sweat in my eyes. Didn't even need a towel.

theotis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk5n View Post
I had this problem with my S9 helmet. Switched to a 7500 and now I never get sweat in my eyes
I love my S9, but it does suck in summer when the rink is warmer. Poor ventilation, feels like I'm cooking my brain.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:50 AM
noobman

Don't wear a regular bandana. I wore a red one once and my entire head was covered in dye, not to mention the inside of my helmet, the collar of my jersey, and even part of my shoulder pads.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
Don't wear a regular bandana. I wore a red one once and my entire head was covered in dye, not to mention the inside of my helmet, the collar of my jersey, and even part of my shoulder pads.
Guess you wore a brand new bandana without washing it right? A good wash should get rid of the excess dye so it doesn't come off.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 07:29 PM
hockeydemon

I tried AngryBrow sweatband. It worked great! A friend of mine tried it even when playing goalie. Not a drop after 3 games!! Good price too.

hockeydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Malarowski

Had huge problems with that, since I got the Easton E600 helmet though with the velcro things inside zero issues. I either sweat less or the helmet just mops it all up.

Malarowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:19 PM
hockeydemon

What do you mean? After wrapping the sweatband through the cage, was it too loose? It did take some time for me too to find the right tightness, but after that I hardly remembered I was wearing one. A guy I know had some problem with the sweatband but because his cage was broken. What was the issue with you? What helmet did you use?

"...since I got the Easton E600 helmet though with the velcro things inside zero issues. I either sweat less or the helmet just mops it all up." Can you explain what you mean here? I am thinking to buy the Easton E600 helmet.

hockeydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:05 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Just got the Mission Inhaler helmet with the sweat hog in it and it does the trick. Lots of ventilation and a good price of $130 with a cage.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:38 PM
scryan

I went hardcore with one of these
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...%20skull%20cap
They have skull caps, headbands or like a doo rag where it tyes in the back?
I went with the one that ties in the back because other then having a small knot in the back, it should fit your head the best.

No problems when wearing it, have to stop a few times an hour if I am not (and it stings decent inbetween too).
Forgot it one day and was lent the standard under armor skull cap. Worked fine too. Maybe I just like the idea of the silicone gutter at the top... but it seems to work for me and is the same price. Marginally better but probably not worth extra money or hassle to get one.

scryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 07:14 AM
madguitarist

UnderArmor skullcap, or Firstar makes an awesome under helmet bandana. The Firstar bandana is ridiculously absorbent, and it holds the sweat until it air dries. When it's soaked, I can't wring any liquid out of it. With my UA skullcap, I had to wring it out every so often, or it would get saturated and leak.

madguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Malarowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydemon View Post
What do you mean? After wrapping the sweatband through the cage, was it too loose? It did take some time for me too to find the right tightness, but after that I hardly remembered I was wearing one. A guy I know had some problem with the sweatband but because his cage was broken. What was the issue with you? What helmet did you use?

"...since I got the Easton E600 helmet though with the velcro things inside zero issues. I either sweat less or the helmet just mops it all up." Can you explain what you mean here? I am thinking to buy the Easton E600 helmet.
The E600 has Velco-pads inside that are more like the stuff in bicycle helmets. That sucks up all sweat (at least did for me and I sweat a lot). After the game you take them out, wash them and dry. The helmet is also extremely comfortable to boot.

Malarowski is offline   Reply With Quote