HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

John Erskine

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 08:09 AM
  #26
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,633
vCash: 500
According to NHL.com Ward saw a total of 153 minutes of ice time in the playoffs.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:14 AM
  #27
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,366
vCash: 50
According to me Erskine saw a total of 37 minutes of ice time in the playoffs.

It will be a mistake to move him for a lame duck draft pick. Internet conspiracy fabrication grade lingering shoulder notwithstanding. He is the only Dman in the organization that will consistently attempt to clear the crease. Like a man.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:25 AM
  #28
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
So 1 goal and 5 points in 14 playoff games after scoring 9 goals and putting up 17 points in his previous 18 playoffs games is 'living up to his history?'

I don't know if I would agree...
keep in mind that ward played 20:25 average toi for nashville in those playoffs. thats more than ovechkin and every other forward on the caps played other than backstrom.
ward played 10:56. almost half of his preds toi.

ward played 2:58 average pp/toi for the preds in the playoffs. only backstrom (3:02) and ovechkin (3:34) had more than that in these past playoffs for he caps. ward's playoff pp toi?? 0:04.

you just can't compare the two.

even with all that ward was tied for 5th on the caps in playoff scoring. FIFTH and he barely got to play. he had the same number of even strenth points as Ovechkin.


Last edited by txpd: 07-18-2012 at 08:32 AM.
txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:30 AM
  #29
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
even with all that ward was tied for 5th on the caps in playoff scoring. FIFTH and he barely got to play. he had the same number of even strenth points as Ovechkin.
...and more points than the guy some can't seem to let go of.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:35 AM
  #30
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
...and more points than the guy some can't seem to let go of.
yea, semin and everyone else. ward's points per minute of toi had to lead the team.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:36 AM
  #31
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,366
vCash: 50
Maybe Ward would have gotten that TOI had he actually played harder during the regular season. I think Semin gave a better effort than he did.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:46 AM
  #32
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Maybe Ward would have gotten that TOI had he actually played harder during the regular season. I think Semin gave a better effort than he did.
Ward's effort wasn't in question to me. I thought he played well most of the season, just wasn't getting points with all the random linemates and ice time. But whatever.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:48 AM
  #33
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
According to NHL.com Ward saw a total of 153 minutes of ice time in the playoffs.
I said I didn't know why you framed it that way. It's like you thought that sounded like more time and therefore made you right. He played just over 10 per game. Very little ice time. I'll take the fact that you ignored the rest of my post as your acknowledgement that I'm right.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:55 AM
  #34
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
According to me Erskine saw a total of 37 minutes of ice time in the playoffs.

It will be a mistake to move him for a lame duck draft pick. Internet conspiracy fabrication grade lingering shoulder notwithstanding. He is the only Dman in the organization that will consistently attempt to clear the crease. Like a man.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:55 AM
  #35
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
keep in mind that ward played 20:25 average toi for nashville in those playoffs. thats more than ovechkin and every other forward on the caps played other than backstrom.
ward played 10:56. almost half of his preds toi.

ward played 2:58 average pp/toi for the preds in the playoffs. only backstrom (3:02) and ovechkin (3:34) had more than that in these past playoffs for he caps. ward's playoff pp toi?? 0:04.

you just can't compare the two.

even with all that ward was tied for 5th on the caps in playoff scoring. FIFTH and he barely got to play. he had the same number of even strenth points as Ovechkin.
Watch me.

Ward scored 5 ES goals in 185 ES minutes for the Preds in the '11 playoffs. He scored 1 ES goal in 152 ES minutes for the Caps this year.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:55 AM
  #36
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Ward's effort wasn't in question to me. I thought he played well most of the season, just wasn't getting points with all the random linemates and ice time. But whatever.
if you look at ward's fina two seasons in nashville, his regular season numbers per minute played match up closely with his caps numbers. in 2010-11 ward played average toi of 17:05 and had 10 goals. for the caps he played 12:25 and scored 6.

its not about his effort. IMO the playoff game comes to his strenths OR his strenth and stamina degrades less from the start of the season to the playoffs than most players which gives him an advantage.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:00 AM
  #37
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,366
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Ward's effort wasn't in question to me. I thought he played well most of the season, just wasn't getting points with all the random linemates and ice time. But whatever.
I didn't know the player before he came here but I saw ~1.5M grade play. I suspected he had Fat Cat disease. Chimera had a hot hand but IMO not because of Ward.

It took about 3 months before I finally saw him attempt a respectable hit - I think it took a benching. Not positive but I thought he started to fall out of favor with Bruce and then Dale too.

I expect a certain game from my 3/4 RW position -specifically forecheck hit and be physical, take some of the pressure off of Ovi. Wear down Dmen by doing more than holding pucks in your skates on the boards.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:02 AM
  #38
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Watch me.

Ward scored 5 ES goals in 185 ES minutes for the Preds in the '11 playoffs. He scored 1 ES goal in 152 ES minutes for the Caps this year.
or....ward scored 8 es points in the playoffs and scored 5 with the caps. ward of course was playing on the 1st line with the preds and the 4th line with the caps. do you think that had any effect?

ward also lead the preds in playoff pp points.

its also worth noting that ward's 185 nashville minutes were in 12 games and his 152 caps minutes were in 14 games.


Last edited by txpd: 07-18-2012 at 09:08 AM.
txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.