HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500

And the joke continues!!!

Old
07-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Well, even though everybody knows the judge will look at that **** and say "Naw, son", Doan's not hanging around for another month.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:44 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
destination unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Well, even though everybody knows the judge will look at that **** and say "Naw, son", Doan's not hanging around for another month.
Then wouldn't Doan know that too?

Old
07-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Then wouldn't Doan know that too?
Everybody here has given sufficient proof that the entire petition itself is flawed even if he did have the sigs by the right date.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Looks like I'm now going to have to have shots over beer tonight.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:57 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
destination unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Everybody here has given sufficient proof that the entire petition itself is flawed even if he did have the sigs by the right date.
What?

I said if everyone knows the Judge is going to rule favorably to the Coyotes on the 14th than what the heck does that have to do with Doan? Because presumably Doan would know that too.

So if that is in fact the case then Doan's decision is weighed entirely on whether or not he thinks Jamison will actually complete the sale. Not whether the potential for completing the deal will be scuttled by a legal challenge. So the 14th doesn't matter in the Doan situation near as I can tell.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:04 PM
DesertDawg

That shouldn't put a stop to arena agreement and finalizing new ownership. But it will keep me from buying property in Glendale.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:47 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

And we go on.... and on.... and on.... and on.....

Old
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
From reading Jones' comments yesterday, it is quite clear that he does NOT want the hockey team in town. He doesn't care what it would do to Westgate or the Glendale economy as a whole - he just knows that he doesn't want HIS tax dollars to support the team.

I get it, really I do. But there are so many things that the government spends money on that I disagree with - do you see me taking them to court, tying their hands with delaying tactics? I think Sheriff Joe's Hawaiian Adventure was a big waste of funds. I'm not out there yapping my head off about it - instead, I can choose to show my displeasure by voting against him when he is up for re-election. And I think that some of the legislature's ideas are totally whackadoodle. Again, I can vote the more sane and rational candidate into office. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work - the general idea is 'don't vote the crazy people into office' and then if the ones you vote in do a poor job, vote them out!

Jones and Cobb wanted the public to have input. The public DID have input when they voted the council members into office. Then, when CoJones didn't like the way they voted, they chose to gather the signatures. So that was another time when the public DID have input - and they chose not to sign. The number of signatures they got makes it fairly clear that this is not an issue that the average taxpayer in Glendale is fretting about. So trying to continue to fight this would mean going over the heads of the citizens yet another time. We get that CoJones don't want tax dollars involved at all - but it looks like the public in general does not have that big of an issue with it. You can't say that you want the public to vote and then make sure to use the legal system to thwart their choice because you don't like it. Our constitution does allow for referendum and initiative, but you must follow the rules of law in order to use them. If you can't read the directions on this issue, why on earth would I ever trust that your ideas are better than the ones of the elected council members?

The good news is that ST are up 2000 from last year, and last year's STH have renewed at a record level. Word on the street is that there may be something announced by the end of the week - I've heard a couple of different days, but the overall feeling is 'soon.' For once, not a "couple of weeks."

Except, of course for the whole GWI and tax people - their case won't be heard until Aug. 14: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ge-aug-14.html
Good post.

07-18-2012, 12:39 AM
drgregg

Quote:

Word on the street is that there may be something announced by the end of the week - I've heard a couple of different days, but the overall feeling is 'soon.' For once, not a "couple of weeks."
Whoa, whoa what is this all about? Something about what announced in a couple days?

Old
07-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I doan't know what to think anymore.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:35 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Whoa, whoa what is this all about? Something about what announced in a couple days?
Just rumors, nothing more than that. About doan and/or the sale announcement. I've heard a couple of different timetables, well see which one ends up being more accurate.

Old
07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
korpedo

Ktar is reporting that Greg Jamison is going to be in phoenix today to try and close the deal!

Old
07-18-2012, 08:11 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
Ktar is reporting that Greg Jamison is going to be in phoenix today to try and close the deal!
That would be very welcome - and would jibe with one of the timeframes I was hearing rumors of.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:06 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Did you hear this on air? I can't find it on their site.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:15 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
That would be very welcome.
that is an understatement.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:21 AM
korpedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Did you hear this on air? I can't find it on their site.
Yes. Paul calveesie (however its spelled) said it around 5 am this morning. Said a very reliable source told him

Old
07-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 605
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
Has Jamison even bee officially approved by the BoG?

Old
07-18-2012, 09:31 AM
korpedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
Has Jamison even bee officially approved by the BoG?
Sorry I'm not very savvy on lingo what is BoG?

Old
07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 605
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
Sorry I'm not very savvy on lingo what is BoG?
Board of Governers

Old
07-18-2012, 09:45 AM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why wouldn't he? Say the Coyotes lose 20mil a season. The AMF pays, what, 17mil? If he doesn't actually have to operate type Phoenix Coyotes, how much could Jamison possibly lose? Way less than 17mil. If he can actually book some non hockey events, he couod make a lot of money running the arena during a lock out with his fat management fee paid from Glendale.
You are presuming that there are no other expenses! What about all of the employees that work for the team? The coaches all make good salaries, you have the admin, marketing etc. that need to be paid? The losses for not playing are quite large, he cannot afford to go without all of those positions being filled and staffed prior to the season opening, Imagine, what would happen if the CBA was resolved and he had no staff to start the season with? Secondly, I thought the 17MM from the city was to cover the operating expenses of the arena? Presuming most of those expenses are fixed he has little left of those revenues! I also was under the assumption that the arena would sit empty if no owner emerged, your comments suggest that attractions are plentiful?

Old
BuffaloAZ

Why does Jamison need to be in Glendale to close the deal? Seems to me he needs to fly to NYC to take care of business with the NHL. COG has done their part (aside form those pesky lawsuits). Unless he is flying here to actually sign the lease? Honestly, we should have learned that even a signed lease doesn’t mean the deal is done!!

Old
DesertDawg

Quote:
Has Jamison even been officially approved by the BoG?
not officially, but everything is in place where it can be done remotely, at least that is my understanding of the current situation.

I'm feeling all tingly inside, could this be the official announcement?
I do notice that the birds are chirpier this morning and the grass is greener...

the arena deal only needs to be done after the Board of Governors have okay the transfer of ownership.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:46 AM
korpedo

Quote:
Board of Governers
To be honest I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can answer that. Im just reporting what I heard

Old
07-18-2012, 09:51 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
You are presuming that there are no other expenses! What about all of the employees that work for the team? The coaches all make good salaries, you have the admin, marketing etc. that need to be paid? The losses for not playing are quite large, he cannot afford to go without all of those positions being filled and staffed prior to the season opening, Imagine, what would happen if the CBA was resolved and he had no staff to start the season with? Secondly, I thought the 17MM from the city was to cover the operating expenses of the arena? Presuming most of those expenses are fixed he has little left of those revenues! I also was under the assumption that the arena would sit empty if no owner emerged, your comments suggest that attractions are plentiful?
Of course there are other expenses but they are expenses that are just a very small fraction of the expense of paying for fifty two million dollars of NHL salary, flying them all over the continent, feeding, housing, rehabilitating, training, etc, etc etc all of those players.

Closed Thread