HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
  #26
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
KHL indeed

Tim Murray is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:14 AM
  #27
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
So much for all the "he'll bolt to the KHL!!" clamour, pre-draft.
Did you also look into the future to see that he wouldn't bolt to the KHL?

Well first, it wasn't the primary reason why he dropped in the draft, second, it's still a possibility in the future if things don't really pan out.

It also doesn't mean he'll go but just because he signed an ELC, which he'd be crazy not to sign, doesn't mean it negates the possibility either.

SprDaVE is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:15 AM
  #28
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Did you also look into the future to see that he wouldn't bolt to the KHL?

Well first, it wasn't the primary reason why he dropped in the draft, second, it's still a possibility in the future if things don't really pan out.

It also doesn't mean he'll go but just because he signed an ELC, which he'd be crazy not to sign, doesn't mean it negates the possibility either.
Well, it negates the possibility of him going to the KHL for the next 3 years.

SergeConstantin74 is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:16 AM
  #29
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 55,971
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Well, it negates the possibility of him going to the KHL for the next 3 years.
Exactly.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:24 AM
  #30
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
So much for all the "he'll bolt to the KHL!!" clamour, pre-draft.
Not every Russian takes the "easy way out" like Radulov.

CodeBlue* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:27 AM
  #31
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
So much for all the "he'll bolt to the KHL!!" clamour, pre-draft.
He still could, technically.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:32 AM
  #32
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He still could, technically.
Assuming the Russian mafia, sorry, a KHL team rep pays him a visit.

CodeBlue* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:35 AM
  #33
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 55,971
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He still could, technically.
The Radulov loophole was closed. So, technically, it can not be by his choice during the next three years.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 01:16 PM
  #34
malkovsby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
heres a good vid on grig from hockeysemin on youtube..has a good channel for russian players and prospects


malkovsby is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 01:51 PM
  #35
Layne Staley
Registered User
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Did you also look into the future to see that he wouldn't bolt to the KHL?

Well first, it wasn't the primary reason why he dropped in the draft, second, it's still a possibility in the future if things don't really pan out.

It also doesn't mean he'll go but just because he signed an ELC, which he'd be crazy not to sign, doesn't mean it negates the possibility either.
Uh he signed an ELC.No matter what he can't go to the KHL for 3 years...and Grigs will be on the Sabres well before then.I know Grigs is the popular choice of players for HF posters who want him to bust/go to the KHL but this is ridiculous.

Been hearing it the past few months

"Hes really 20 years old"
"He is overrated"
"He is going to Russia"

Layne Staley is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
  #36
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Uh he signed an ELC.No matter what he can't go to the KHL for 3 years...and Grigs will be on the Sabres well before then.I know Grigs is the popular choice of players for HF posters who want him to bust/go to the KHL but this is ridiculous.

Been hearing it the past few months

"Hes really 20 years old"
"He is overrated"
"He is going to Russia"
Whether you like it or not, it's a possibility in the future. That's all I was saying. I was merely pointing out that it's still something to consider in a few years, especially if he struggles. This isn't exactly farfetched that it could happen.

I didn't say he was going 100% nor did I ever mention he was going to bust.

Relax. I didn't spit on anyone.

For the record, I actually like him as a player. I have seen him play many times.

SprDaVE is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 02:10 PM
  #37
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 7,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Whether you like it or not, it's a possibility in the future. That's all I was saying. I was merely pointing out that it's still something to consider in a few years, especially if he struggles. This isn't exactly farfetched that it could happen.

I didn't say he was going 100% nor did I ever mention he was going to bust.

Relax. I didn't spit on anyone.

For the record, I actually like him as a player. I have seen him play many times.
Every player has the possibility of going to the KHL. Grigorenko has said he wants to play in the NHL, I don't know what else you want him to say. The fact that he's Russian means that he wants to go more? Galchenyuk doesn't want to go even though he's Russian because he plays for the USA? I don't get it. Yakupov??

Stop Winnin is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
  #38
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Every player has the possibility of going to the KHL. Grigorenko has said he wants to play in the NHL, I don't know what else you want him to say. The fact that he's Russian means that he wants to go more? Galchenyuk doesn't want to go even though he's Russian because he plays for the USA? I don't get it. Yakupov??
Yes, the fact that he's Russian means he probably would go to Russia before any other Nationality. Why is still such a surprise or big statement? It isn't. Does it mean he'll do it? Who knows? This isn't about hating Russian players, I really don't... it's just reality. If a Canadian or American born player was struggling in the KHL and received an offer for the NHL, or even the AHL, it's very likely that he'd bolt for North America.

So why is it that some are saying he isn't going to the KHL because he signed an ELC? He can still go before his 3 years are up, for the record; only difference is that the Sabres, Grigorenko and the KHL club in question have to agree on a loan however. I really doubt this happens though. If he ever does go back home, it'll probably be in 5ish years.

Again, it's simply a possibility in a couple years.

He's a good player though, so this might just be argued for no reason.

SprDaVE is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
  #39
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
Buffalo is about to re-live Tiny Tim... #minimikhail

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
  #40
Tank For Reinhart
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Tank For Reinhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Buffalo is about to re-live Tiny Tim... #minimikhail

Tank For Reinhart is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 04:17 PM
  #41
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation
 
Timbo Slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
I think he was seriously trying to compare Grigs to Connolly? : laugh:

Timbo Slice is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 04:49 PM
  #42
ed bruin
Registered User
 
ed bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newton
Country: United States
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
what the hell is with the rumor that Grigorenko is a couple years older than he really is? has this ever happen to any NHL prospect or Russian prospect in particular? is this just blind discrimination towards Grigs?

ed bruin is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 04:53 PM
  #43
Burke the Legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 50
plus I think he was born in kenya

Burke the Legend is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 05:04 PM
  #44
mikko1995
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
what the hell is with the rumor that Grigorenko is a couple years older than he really is? has this ever happen to any NHL prospect or Russian prospect in particular? is this just blind discrimination towards Grigs?
I think they had some rumors about Ovechkin being older than he really is back in 2004 as well, but I could be wrong.

mikko1995 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 05:44 PM
  #45
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
Not every Russian takes the "easy way out" like Radulov.
russians dont care about people like you. so keep crying

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 05:47 PM
  #46
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
what the hell is with the rumor that Grigorenko is a couple years older than he really is? has this ever happen to any NHL prospect or Russian prospect in particular? is this just blind discrimination towards Grigs?
i name just a few - Kovalchuk,Ovechkin,Yakupov...

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 05:51 PM
  #47
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
Assuming the Russian mafia, sorry, a KHL team rep pays him a visit.
sorry isnt enough.... y.. a... next!

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 07:25 PM
  #48
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Buffalo is about to re-live Tiny Tim... #minimikhail
What on Earth....? You must to come back and explain this comment.

Tim Murray is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 07:45 PM
  #49
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 55,971
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
plus I think he was born in kenya
Grigo-birthers? Oh hell. In an American Presidential election year at that...

Chainshot is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:59 PM
  #50
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
What on Earth....? You must to come back and explain this comment.
Self explanatory. Give it a few years, just make sure to remember me.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.