HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A positive regarding the match-up

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2006, 09:14 AM
NBHABSFAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12
Carolina vs Atlantic Division 13-4-3
Carolina vs Northeast Division 14-5-1
Carolina vs Southeast Division 18-11-3

We may be in a "softer" division....but we sure didn't capitalize on those "easy" points.
I was feeling so good, thanks for posting that

Old
04-20-2006, 09:15 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
i knew you'd quote that one

(hence why i didnt mention it to you before, was gonna leave you to pwn the poster)
I think I need to just leave that in my signature so I stop having to look it up.

Another thing to remember: our play of late has been sloppy, but we clenched the division with 10 or 11 games left in the season. Clenched division = playoff spot = not alot more to play for. We still managed to come within 1 point of being #1 in the EC, while playing many men down/injured.

04-20-2006, 09:17 AM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
I think I need to just leave that in my signature so I stop having to look it up.

Another thing to remember: our play of late has been sloppy, but we clenched the division with 10 or 11 games left in the season. Clenched division = playoff spot = not alot more to play for. We still managed to come within 1 point of being #1 in the EC, while playing many men down/injured.
As much as we like to look at the regular season you can't really go by that. We will all get our first look on Saturday. Its going to be exciting, I can hardly wait.

Old
04-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Hab at it

Let's not forget that the Canes had Cole for 3 of their 4 wins against us as well and that guy is a habs killer, he had 5g 3a in those three games. While I hope for him to have a full recovery I'm glad that he's not going to be in the series against us.

Old
04-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Teufelsdreck

One thing is for sure: The Hurricanes still have to win four playoff games. The four regular season games don't count at this point, and the series won't just be mailed in to them. How would the 'Canes react to losing the opener at home? They fell apart in their last two games after the Lightning took them in OT.

Old
04-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Habitants

yeah im expecting a good series, hopefully we go with Huet, becasue everyone seems more confident when he is in. nothing wrong with abeischer, i like him too, but i just noticed huet=confidence.
with our full lineup playng it should be good, they need to concentrate on playing the full 60min, and shut doen the caroilina offence. our players will have to step it up, espeacialy koivu, kovalev, zednik, bonk and really everyone. the veterans need to set the example.

in the end im leaning on carolina feeling too stong and not fearing the habs enough, and montreal coming out of the gate hard to suprise them. my prediction?
Habs take game 1 come out strong
canes take game 2 close, like OT
habs win both game 3 and 4 in montral with home town advantage playing a big roll as the team plays with confidence and determination.
canes take game 5 back home
game 6 in montreal will go to the habs in overtime, with the loudest crowd yet! this will be great!

Old
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
I really belive the Canes learned their lesson about assuming how well a team is going to play. Getting whipped by the Caps will do that to you...it took them 5 games to realize that the Caps aren't anything like their record indicates.

So hopefully they don't go in assuming its the Theo-era Habs they are playing. That wouldn't be pretty.

Old
04-20-2006, 01:55 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
I really belive the Canes learned their lesson about assuming how well a team is going to play. Getting whipped by the Caps will do that to you...it took them 5 games to realize that the Caps aren't anything like their record indicates.

So hopefully they don't go in assuming its the Theo-era Habs they are playing. That wouldn't be pretty.

It took us 2 games only.
Uh, almost 3.

By the way, you could also defend the whole Southeast division. It's not the easiest of the NHL anymore. You are in with Tampa, and Atlanta and Florida pushed hard to sneak into the top 8, and have good chances of making the playoffs in the coming year. Finally, Wahington was a tough team to face all year, even if they were very beatable.

The weak division in the NHL is now the Central one. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
58% The number 7 seed upsets the number 2 seed
33% number 6 upsets number 3
25% number 8 seed upsets number 1 seed
17% number 5 seed upsets the number 4 seed

This one strikes me most. It's well known that number 7 owns number 2, but I didn't knew number 4 owns number 5 by that wide a margin.

The difference between 3 and 6 is usually smaller, but 4 & 5 should be a quite balanced matchup when it isn't at all...

Old
04-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

All the video highlihts are here : http://www.canadiens.com/eng/stats/r...ameResults.cfm

omg look at Huet , i smell 4 straight SO . http://www.canadiens.com/

Old
04-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Carolina vs Atlantic Division 13-4-3
Carolina vs Northeast Division 14-5-1
Carolina vs Southeast Division 18-11-3

We may be in a "softer" division....but we sure didn't capitalize on those "easy" points.
Can you break those numbers down after Cole's injury please?

Cap

Old
04-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
I was bored so I looked things over vs Carolina this season..

Game 1:
- we lost 5-3
- Theo was in nets
- it was 3-3 with 2 minutes left in the game
- Markov played (1 goal and 1 assist)

Game 2:
- we lost 7-3
- Theo was in nets before getting pulled
- the shots were 26 - 20 Montreal after 2 periods (the score was 5-1)
- No Markov

Game 3:
- we lost 8-2
- theo made 5 saves on 10 shots before being yanked
- no markov
- shots were 34 - 26 Montreal

Game 4:
- we lost 5-1
- no markov
- Aebischer's first game
- shots were 41-29 Carolina
- was 2-1 with 10 minutes left before we left Aebischer alone
GAME #4

If im not mistaken...didn't Abby get 1st star of the game??

Old
04-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe
GAME #4

If im not mistaken...didn't Abby get 1st star of the game??
3rd star.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...6/GS020982.HTM

He played very well most of the game but was left alone in the 3rd. I don't know if it was a star-worthy performance, more like a "welcome" star. He did make some pretty amazing saves that game though.

Old
04-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax
This one strikes me most. It's well known that number 7 owns number 2, but I didn't knew number 4 owns number 5 by that wide a margin.

The difference between 3 and 6 is usually smaller, but 4 & 5 should be a quite balanced matchup when it isn't at all...
Not really because of the number 1-2-3 seeds been given to the actual divisions leaders.

The 4th position is therefore given to the team that finish second in a very strong division (usually). In hindsight, This team is probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference most years.

This year is no difference btw, Buffalo will win.

Old
04-20-2006, 05:51 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
Not really because of the number 1-2-3 seeds been given to the actual divisions leaders.

The 4th position is therefore given to the team that finish second in a very strong division (usually). In hindsight, This team is probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference most years.

This year is no difference btw, Buffalo will win.

Yeah, I know that. The 4th ranked team is usually the 3rd best, point wise (rarely 2nd though).

But that doesn't explain why it is harder to upset the 4th team than any other, and especially the first.

Maybe the pressure of making the playoffs make the 7th and 8th teams red hot entering the real season, thus explaining why 1st and 2nd ranked teams can be upset more easily.

As previously said, 3rd vs. 6th is usually a toss-up, point wise, and we can't even speak about upsets...

I'd like to see how the lower-ranked teams do in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I tend to think that their chances decrease while the playoffs get further... And ice avantage in the SC final usually means the big bowl is comming home.

Closed Thread