HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash continued - NYR BOS PHI PIT DET SJS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 08:53 AM
  #976
jskramer83
Registered User
 
jskramer83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
nash is a loser. just sayin'
whoever gets him will never win a cup. FACT
This was a well thought out, intelligent post, that was backed up with a plethora of facts. If more people on this board would follow this example, the conversations would be much better!

jskramer83 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:00 AM
  #977
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Love the OP.

Helm and Franzon? How's that work? I think it might be a bit much for Detroit to give up... but it's a cap friendly trade for Detroit...

thadd is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:32 AM
  #978
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,740
vCash: 500
Philly has B.Schenn who will be a very good center for them for years. I would think Holmgren would move Couterier in a deal for Nash. Nash in Philly would be scary, imagine a Giroux-Nash combo,, yikes!

Detroit: doesnt have the forward pieces to make this work.
Boston: has the forward pieces to make deal, but looking at their upcoming rfa's, they dont have cap space to carry Nash.
NYR: best fit for a trade w/ Columbus. Between Stepan, Kreider, Hagelin etc.. they have some very intriguing pieces,, but thus far refuse to include them in a trade. Is Howson expecting too much?

Howson looking for young, inexpensive future stars (McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider, Seguin, Hamilton, etc..) However I feel that these teams are looking for more of a player for player swap,, ex.. Krejci, P.Kane,..ofcourse w/ a few ++ added.

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:01 AM
  #979
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 13,859
vCash: 500
i just want to know what entails a "hell of an offer" from detroit...i just don't see them offering up a lot of what's avail...

Fro is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:14 AM
  #980
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Has Nash been traded to New York yet?

KIRK is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:17 AM
  #981
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
You know who benefits most from this whole thing? Aaron ****ing Portzline and the columbus dispatch. I had heard of neither since this saga began and now they're pretty much household names among hockey fans. The guy should send howson and nach a gift pack.

Schalkenullvier* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:24 AM
  #982
TyKace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i just want to know what entails a "hell of an offer" from detroit...i just don't see them offering up a lot of what's avail...
Franzen and Filppula are the 2 mentioned in the story, but it goes on to contradict itself later by saying "Its hard to believe they (Detroit) would be willing to part with both".

Either way, Columbus has basically told them to eat shyt.

TyKace is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:26 AM
  #983
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Philly has B.Schenn who will be a very good center for them for years. I would think Holmgren would move Couterier in a deal for Nash. Nash in Philly would be scary, imagine a Giroux-Nash combo,, yikes!
That would be hilarious if the main piece coming back in the deal was Couturier seeing as he (in the form of a 1st round pick) was the main piece in the Carter deal, Carter who only lasted half a season in Columbus.

Let's try and work out the net trade...

Columbus trades:

Nash + Voracek

For

Johnson, LAs 1st, and Couturier (Columbus' own 2011 1st round pick) + obviously a few other pieces from Philly.

416Leafer is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:27 AM
  #984
feedingschennzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Does anybody want him anymore?

feedingschennzy is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
  #985
SkullSplitter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,845
vCash: 500
Is there sort of a domino effect in play while Doan & Semin remain unsigned as well as Ryan untraded?

Semin has short-term offers but is waiting until Doan gets signed so maybe a team will give him a long term offer & teams are waiting on seeing if they can get Doan or Semin before they trade assets to Nash or Ryan.

SkullSplitter is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:29 AM
  #986
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Does anybody want him anymore?
Plenty of teams want him, but not for what Howson is looking for. When he lowers his return price, Nash will be traded

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:07 AM
  #987
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
I would move Filppula, Nyquist and picks/mid ranged prospect for him in a second.

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:08 AM
  #988
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Detroit: doesnt have the forward pieces to make this work.
Boston: has the forward pieces to make deal, but looking at their upcoming rfa's, they dont have cap space to carry Nash.
NYR: best fit for a trade w/ Columbus. Between Stepan, Kreider, Hagelin etc.. they have some very intriguing pieces,, but thus far refuse to include them in a trade. Is Howson expecting too much?

.
Might want to do a little research before making that assuption. Detroit's extremely rich with forwards, both farm and playing. its ok though, you must not follow hockey too closely.

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:21 AM
  #989
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
I would move Filppula, Nyquist and picks/mid ranged prospect for him in a second.
I can't imagine one year of Filppula being too attractive for Columbus.

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:21 AM
  #990
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
I would move Filppula, Nyquist and picks/mid ranged prospect for him in a second.
Well, if THAT were the value in terms of the price for Nash, I suspect he'd have been traded a few dozen times already.

KIRK is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:26 AM
  #991
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Might want to do a little research before making that assuption. Detroit's extremely rich with forwards, both farm and playing. its ok though, you must not follow hockey too closely.
Really? Who?

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:29 AM
  #992
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne
 
phillyflyerfan1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancover Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Pretty sure Philly would have no interest in giving up Couturier in any deal. It's been said many times that Holmgren is very, very reluctant in giving up Couts or Schenn even for Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan.

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:33 AM
  #993
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 8,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
. its ok though, you must not follow hockey too closely.
its ok though, being a DB is curable with some help....

bb_fan is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:38 AM
  #994
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyerfan1992 View Post
Pretty sure Philly would have no interest in giving up Couturier in any deal. It's been said many times that Holmgren is very, very reluctant in giving up Couts or Schenn even for Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan.
Schenn, I could see (although it's a lot less likely with Luke also on the team). Couturier, you'd be nuts to give up, period.

EDIT: I think that's something a lot of people miss in all these thread. Philly, New York, San Jose . . . each one of them COULD put together a great package for Nash. They could do it today. They could do it tomorrow. And, they could have done it six months ago. The fact that they haven't should be telling.

KIRK is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:40 AM
  #995
harlan78
Registered User
 
harlan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: AZ, CA and MI
Country: United States
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Well, if THAT were the value in terms of the price for Nash, I suspect he'd have been traded a few dozen times already.
Why, because people on HF boards assume that teams have in fact really offered the names being thrown around by their teams?

All the teams have untouchables in the eyes of their fans and more importantly management.

How do you know what value these players have? You don't.

I may be a Detroit Native, but I am a hockey fan first and how some of you speak is comical.

Do I think it's a good trade for the jackets? NO.

But some of you think you're rel GM's and just because it works in EA NHL games you assume you know how trades work.

You're not a scout, but clearly you know all the value.

But clearly like you say: if that's the asking price for Nash he would've been dealt a dozen times already.

or.. wait.. no he wouldn't have been because maybe just maybe there hasn't been legit offers and BPO is what it's going to come down to.

Enjoy NHL 13 GM connected as you know all the value of players..

harlan78 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:45 AM
  #996
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlan78 View Post
Why, because people on HF boards assume that teams have in fact really offered the names being thrown around by their teams?

All the teams have untouchables in the eyes of their fans and more importantly management.

How do you know what value these players have? You don't.

I may be a Detroit Native, but I am a hockey fan first and how some of you speak is comical.

Do I think it's a good trade for the jackets? NO.

But some of you think you're rel GM's and just because it works in EA NHL games you assume you know how trades work.

You're not a scout, but clearly you know all the value.

But clearly like you say: if that's the asking price for Nash he would've been dealt a dozen times already.

or.. wait.. no he wouldn't have been because maybe just maybe there hasn't been legit offers and BPO is what it's going to come down to.

Enjoy NHL 13 GM connected as you know all the value of players..
Actually, my point wasn't to belittle the value but instead to suggest that's not what Howson will accept. If it were, then Nash would have been traded a half dozen times already.

What Howson wants is the type of package New York or Philly or San Jose COULD offer (in the abstract). What Howson is getting are offers along the lines of what you suggested.

The second Howson lowers his price, he'll have an offer from New York, Philly, San Jose, and probably every other team on the Nash 'I'll accept a trade' list of comparable value to what you suggested from Detroit.

So, how precisely does that belittle the value of the offer you suggested?

KIRK is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:47 AM
  #997
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Alright guys... limit time.

Let's get another one, eh?

ColePens is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.