HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash continued - NYR BOS PHI PIT DET SJS

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 08:53 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
nash is a loser. just sayin'
whoever gets him will never win a cup. FACT
This was a well thought out, intelligent post, that was backed up with a plethora of facts. If more people on this board would follow this example, the conversations would be much better!

Old
07-18-2012, 09:00 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Love the OP.

Helm and Franzon? How's that work? I think it might be a bit much for Detroit to give up... but it's a cap friendly trade for Detroit...

Old
07-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Oates2Neely

Philly has B.Schenn who will be a very good center for them for years. I would think Holmgren would move Couterier in a deal for Nash. Nash in Philly would be scary, imagine a Giroux-Nash combo,, yikes!

Detroit: doesnt have the forward pieces to make this work.
Boston: has the forward pieces to make deal, but looking at their upcoming rfa's, they dont have cap space to carry Nash.
NYR: best fit for a trade w/ Columbus. Between Stepan, Kreider, Hagelin etc.. they have some very intriguing pieces,, but thus far refuse to include them in a trade. Is Howson expecting too much?

Howson looking for young, inexpensive future stars (McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider, Seguin, Hamilton, etc..) However I feel that these teams are looking for more of a player for player swap,, ex.. Krejci, P.Kane,..ofcourse w/ a few ++ added.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i just want to know what entails a "hell of an offer" from detroit...i just don't see them offering up a lot of what's avail...

Old
07-18-2012, 10:14 AM
KIRK

Has Nash been traded to New York yet?

Old
07-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Schalkenullvier*

You know who benefits most from this whole thing? Aaron ****ing Portzline and the columbus dispatch. I had heard of neither since this saga began and now they're pretty much household names among hockey fans. The guy should send howson and nach a gift pack.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:24 AM
TyKace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i just want to know what entails a "hell of an offer" from detroit...i just don't see them offering up a lot of what's avail...
Franzen and Filppula are the 2 mentioned in the story, but it goes on to contradict itself later by saying "Its hard to believe they (Detroit) would be willing to part with both".

Either way, Columbus has basically told them to eat shyt.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:26 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Philly has B.Schenn who will be a very good center for them for years. I would think Holmgren would move Couterier in a deal for Nash. Nash in Philly would be scary, imagine a Giroux-Nash combo,, yikes!
That would be hilarious if the main piece coming back in the deal was Couturier seeing as he (in the form of a 1st round pick) was the main piece in the Carter deal, Carter who only lasted half a season in Columbus.

Let's try and work out the net trade...

Columbus trades:

Nash + Voracek

For

Johnson, LAs 1st, and Couturier (Columbus' own 2011 1st round pick) + obviously a few other pieces from Philly.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:27 AM
feedingschennzy

Does anybody want him anymore?

Old
07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
SkullSplitter

Is there sort of a domino effect in play while Doan & Semin remain unsigned as well as Ryan untraded?

Semin has short-term offers but is waiting until Doan gets signed so maybe a team will give him a long term offer & teams are waiting on seeing if they can get Doan or Semin before they trade assets to Nash or Ryan.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Does anybody want him anymore?
Plenty of teams want him, but not for what Howson is looking for. When he lowers his return price, Nash will be traded

Old
07-18-2012, 11:07 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
I would move Filppula, Nyquist and picks/mid ranged prospect for him in a second.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:08 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Detroit: doesnt have the forward pieces to make this work.
Boston: has the forward pieces to make deal, but looking at their upcoming rfa's, they dont have cap space to carry Nash.
NYR: best fit for a trade w/ Columbus. Between Stepan, Kreider, Hagelin etc.. they have some very intriguing pieces,, but thus far refuse to include them in a trade. Is Howson expecting too much?

Might want to do a little research before making that assuption. Detroit's extremely rich with forwards, both farm and playing. its ok though, you must not follow hockey too closely.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
I would move Filppula, Nyquist and picks/mid ranged prospect for him in a second.
I can't imagine one year of Filppula being too attractive for Columbus.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:21 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Well, if THAT were the value in terms of the price for Nash, I suspect he'd have been traded a few dozen times already.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Might want to do a little research before making that assuption. Detroit's extremely rich with forwards, both farm and playing. its ok though, you must not follow hockey too closely.
Really? Who?

Old
07-18-2012, 11:29 AM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

Pretty sure Philly would have no interest in giving up Couturier in any deal. It's been said many times that Holmgren is very, very reluctant in giving up Couts or Schenn even for Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:33 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
. its ok though, you must not follow hockey too closely.
its ok though, being a DB is curable with some help....

Old
07-18-2012, 11:38 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyerfan1992 View Post
Pretty sure Philly would have no interest in giving up Couturier in any deal. It's been said many times that Holmgren is very, very reluctant in giving up Couts or Schenn even for Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan.
Schenn, I could see (although it's a lot less likely with Luke also on the team). Couturier, you'd be nuts to give up, period.

EDIT: I think that's something a lot of people miss in all these thread. Philly, New York, San Jose . . . each one of them COULD put together a great package for Nash. They could do it today. They could do it tomorrow. And, they could have done it six months ago. The fact that they haven't should be telling.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:40 AM
harlan78

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Well, if THAT were the value in terms of the price for Nash, I suspect he'd have been traded a few dozen times already.
Why, because people on HF boards assume that teams have in fact really offered the names being thrown around by their teams?

All the teams have untouchables in the eyes of their fans and more importantly management.

How do you know what value these players have? You don't.

I may be a Detroit Native, but I am a hockey fan first and how some of you speak is comical.

Do I think it's a good trade for the jackets? NO.

But some of you think you're rel GM's and just because it works in EA NHL games you assume you know how trades work.

You're not a scout, but clearly you know all the value.

But clearly like you say: if that's the asking price for Nash he would've been dealt a dozen times already.

or.. wait.. no he wouldn't have been because maybe just maybe there hasn't been legit offers and BPO is what it's going to come down to.

Enjoy NHL 13 GM connected as you know all the value of players..

Old
07-18-2012, 11:45 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlan78 View Post
Why, because people on HF boards assume that teams have in fact really offered the names being thrown around by their teams?

All the teams have untouchables in the eyes of their fans and more importantly management.

How do you know what value these players have? You don't.

I may be a Detroit Native, but I am a hockey fan first and how some of you speak is comical.

Do I think it's a good trade for the jackets? NO.

But some of you think you're rel GM's and just because it works in EA NHL games you assume you know how trades work.

You're not a scout, but clearly you know all the value.

But clearly like you say: if that's the asking price for Nash he would've been dealt a dozen times already.

or.. wait.. no he wouldn't have been because maybe just maybe there hasn't been legit offers and BPO is what it's going to come down to.

Enjoy NHL 13 GM connected as you know all the value of players..
Actually, my point wasn't to belittle the value but instead to suggest that's not what Howson will accept. If it were, then Nash would have been traded a half dozen times already.

What Howson wants is the type of package New York or Philly or San Jose COULD offer (in the abstract). What Howson is getting are offers along the lines of what you suggested.

The second Howson lowers his price, he'll have an offer from New York, Philly, San Jose, and probably every other team on the Nash 'I'll accept a trade' list of comparable value to what you suggested from Detroit.

So, how precisely does that belittle the value of the offer you suggested?

Old
07-18-2012, 11:47 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Alright guys... limit time.

Let's get another one, eh?

Closed Thread