HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Rick Nash Speculation (Mod warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 11:49 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
All Rick Nash Speculation (Mod warning in OP)

Continue..

Remember - no warnings. You will be eliminated from discussion if you flame, troll, bait, etc.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Howson should just get it over already

Old
07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Howson should just get it over already
Agreed, Sather should just come out and say he's moving on and we'll see just how big Nash's list really is.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Shaun

the Bruins just signed his best bro from Columbus Aaron Johnson

Old
07-18-2012, 11:54 AM
ReyHF
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Dominoes.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Agreed, Sather should just come out and say he's moving on and we'll see just how big Nash's list really is.
You assume Sather's offer is currently the best on the table.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Redwings1927

franzen, filpulla (2014 1st rd conditional pick if he does not resign), tatar (nhl ready for lower tiered teams), emmerton and mursak and 2013 1st rd pick...i'd do it...

there was a french report that says holland offered franzen and filppula in one deal and that did NOT generate any conversation....will that generate a conversation?

Old
07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
forthewild

With a NTC, Nash can control his destination, if he wants to go to NYR, then NYR is the best offer on the table.

kind of like Heatly turned down EDM

Old
07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Howson should start being realistic.

He has little leverage in these trade negotiations because of the relatively few teams he can make a deal with and the fact that he blew his brains out telling the world Nash was being shopped.

That has to impact what you can expect other organizations to offer.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:01 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings1927 View Post
franzen, filpulla (2014 1st rd conditional pick if he does not resign), tatar (nhl ready for lower tiered teams), emmerton and mursak and 2013 1st rd pick...i'd do it...

there was a french report that says holland offered franzen and filppula in one deal and that did NOT generate any conversation....will that generate a conversation?
I don't think short of zetterberg or datsyuk there is a conversation, CBJ doesn't want to get roughed up by Nash for the next how ever many years.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings1927 View Post

I'm a Jackets fan and that seems to be serious overpayment on the Wings part. I'm not sure if there is any deal to be had between these teams, but it makes a ton of sense as to why Nash has them on his list. Who wouldn't want to play wing with Zetterberg or Datsyuk.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

its been reported in detroit that Holland made a"hell of an offer" and its rumoured to have included both franzena nd filppula.

two things
- if true then holland is an idiot
- if true and howson rejected, he is an even bigger idiot

Old
07-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I'd be willing to bet Howson's already got an offer on the table that he feels is acceptable, but he simply has no reason to move Nash at the moment.

There's very little risk to waiting until Semin/Doan/Ryan sign with their teams. Undoubtedly, those that are in the bidding for Nash are also asking about the services of at least one of those other three. And if they miss out on the player they're chasing in those three, they'll likely up the offer for Nash to ensure that they grab the Top-6 winger they're looking for. Much in the same way that Parise signing brought more suitors for Nash.

Likewise, who those three sign with/are traded to will effect the offers made for Nash. If Doan stays in Phoenix, Semin signs with Pittsburgh and Ryan is traded to Philly, don't you think the Rangers will up their offer for Nash? Two of their division rivals grabbed #1 wingers and Sather has to ensure they keep up in the division race.

Nash won't be moved until those three (or at least, Doan and Semin) decide their own fate.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:26 PM
feedingschennzy

My guess is the season begins with Nash a blue jacket, and the saga continues, Howson is fired, and the new GM takes an offer at the deadline

Old
07-18-2012, 12:31 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Looks like Dougie Hamilton has some competition now

Old
07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I'd be willing to bet Howson's already got an offer on the table that he feels is acceptable, but he simply has no reason to move Nash at the moment.

There's very little risk to waiting until Semin/Doan/Ryan sign with their teams. Undoubtedly, those that are in the bidding for Nash are also asking about the services of at least one of those other three. And if they miss out on the player they're chasing in those three, they'll likely up the offer for Nash to ensure that they grab the Top-6 winger they're looking for. Much in the same way that Parise signing brought more suitors for Nash.

Likewise, who those three sign with/are traded to will effect the offers made for Nash. If Doan stays in Phoenix, Semin signs with Pittsburgh and Ryan is traded to Philly, don't you think the Rangers will up their offer for Nash? Two of their division rivals grabbed #1 wingers and Sather has to ensure they keep up in the division race.

Nash won't be moved until those three (or at least, Doan and Semin) decide their own fate.
That's what Howson hopes. Then again, he hoped that not making the cup finals would have gotten the Rangers to raise their offer too, and that didn't exactly pan out.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:36 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post

No, I don't think they will up their offer for Nash.

I think that the Rangers brass believes in their system and what they have done draft wise.

I think that understanding that the Cap will go down in the new CBA they are not going to move multiple important, young, cheap and talented assets to get a player that will cause cap issues in no less than 2 summers when we have to resign Lundqvist, Callahan, Girardi and Gaborik as UFA's and Kreider as an RFA.

Making that sort of desperation move is what teh 90's Rangers would do. A Rangers organization that had no track record of drafting and developing their own players.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:36 PM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
its been reported in detroit that Holland made a"hell of an offer" and its rumoured to have included both franzena nd filppula.

two things
Like someone else said, he probably is extremely hesitant to trade him for any package to Detroit. That being said this whole ordeal has made him (Howson) look like an idiot so your point is taken!

edit: BTW No way holland makes that offer you were commenting on so he is not an idiot!

Old
07-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 2651
Boston just signed Nash's best friend, bruins are rumored to be in hard on nash

Boston, signed aaron johnson, and garnet exelby for D ... With

Chara-boychuck
Siedenberg-hamilton
Mquaid-ference
Exelby-johnson
Barkowski-krug

Boston has the best potential starting offer with krejci, so:

Nash for krejci + D + prospect + 1st

Old
07-18-2012, 12:41 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post

Boston, signed aaron johnson, and garnet exelby for D

Boston has the best potential starting offer with krejci, so:

Nash for krejci + D + prospect + 1st
Is D a nickname or are you saying a defenseman?

Old
07-18-2012, 12:42 PM
pld459666

Quote:

two things
to be fair,

Franzen while having a lifetime contract is not a young man. He's 32 now, will be 33 in December. Not a centerpiece for a team looking to build something.

Filppula, while solid, is not going to put the numbers up in Columbis that he did in Detroit. He may not have played directly with Dats and Zetts, but by extension, he benefitted from 3r dpairing defensive assignments and took advantage of that. I like him as a player, but I can't see Howson looking at both guys and thinking that this is the direction he wants to go in as he tries to build something in Ohio.

Rebuilding teams to not trade for 28 and 32 year old players

Old
07-18-2012, 12:43 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

Quote:

two things
That wouldn't appeal to me too much if I were Howson.

Franzen is 32 with some wear and tear on his body and signed for real money for the next 5 seasons. I worry about how he's going to hold up even in the next 2-3 seasons.

Filppula is a UFA next summer (unless UFA age goes above 29, which I call unlikely). I don't see him re-signing in Columbus, unless it's at a premium.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Is D a nickname or are you saying a defenseman?
Defensemen, sorry about that

Old
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Why would that make a difference? You don't have to sell Nash, you have to work out a deal with Howson.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:45 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Why would that make a difference? You don't have to sell Nash, you have to work out a deal with Howson.
That's not how HFboards works.

Closed Thread