HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Rick Nash Speculation (Mod warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
You assume Sather's offer is currently the best on the table.
If it's not, Howson needs to be fired.

Old
JayQueensNY88*

how much can u ppl keep talking about this/...saying samething over and over.....

Old
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Defensemen, sorry about that
Not a problem, though what kind of defender are we talking about? Is it a prospect? If so, I would prefer to get another forward back.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Ishad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Howson should just get it over already
No need to press the issue until we get close to the season actually starting, which may end up being January.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Not a problem, though what kind of defender are we talking about? Is it a prospect? If so, I would prefer to get another forward back.
So like this:

Krecji + McQauid + Spooner + 1st

for

Nash

That's not too bad.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
So like this:

for

Nash

That's not too bad.
the bruins views on spooner are VERY high, i dont think there is any way they trade him

theres more of a chance of it being jared Knight, who is at this point at the sae skill level as spooner, but spooner has a higher upside offensively

Old
07-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

Quote:
So like this:

for

Nash

That's not too bad.
I would do this.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Why would that make a difference? You don't have to sell Nash, you have to work out a deal with Howson.
Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't

Old
07-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't
maybe i doo

but even if i say i do no one will believe me lol so i say what i think and what i know (not that i know a lot) but i know enough

Old
07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
maybe i doo

but even if i say i do no one will believe me lol so i say what i think and what i know (not that i know a lot) but i know enough
hahhahaha I meant maybe Johnson knows something and thats why he signed with the Bruins.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:10 PM
richardson30
Rookie User

does anyone else thing howson is maybe investing in these hockey blogs and rumor boards and such? that would make perfect sense y he is taking so long. wait till he makes enough money and then sell it and trade nash. atleast i hope thats wat hes doing, not just waiting around picking his nose and hoping some GM gets a case of the idiots.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins71 View Post
I would do this.
Quote:
So like this:

for

Nash

That's not too bad.
We've struck a deal, call league offices.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins71 View Post
I would do this.
Honestly, with being on this Nash trade tread for a while that is probably the best proposal I've seen that has been accepted by other teams fans.

One question: You would have cap problems fitting Nash in though with sending those 3 back the other way. And thats assuming the cap stays where it is currently.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
hahhahaha I meant maybe Johnson knows something and thats why he signed with the Bruins.
oh, well i dont look like an idiot now haahah

i highly doubt boston trades spooner, could be wrong, chiarelli will do it only if everyone in managment is on board, and he really has no other choice left

Old
07-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
If it's not, Howson needs to be fired.
That needs to happen regardless. But let's say Boston has the best offer on the table. Sather "walking away" from the deal would have no effect on Howson's situation.

Right now, there are two possibilities:

- Howson has an offer on the table he likes, but he's waiting until Semin/Doan/etc find new teams to make the trade. Just in case one of the teams that missed out on Semin/Doan/etc throws an offer that surpasses the current front-runner. If no one does, he simply trades Nash to the team with the best offer at the end of the offseason.

- Howson has no offer on the table he likes and will never receive an offer he likes, since he's asking for too high of a price. He's made it clear that he's not lowering the price to what other GMs feel is acceptable, because what other GMs feel is acceptable is what's best for their team, not the Blue Jackets.

In both cases, it's going to be a long process, so saying "Howson should just make a deal now and get it over with" makes no sense. I'm sure the fans are stressing out over the process more than Howson/Nash are

Old
07-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
the bruins views on spooner are VERY high, i dont think there is any way they trade him

theres more of a chance of it being jared Knight, who is at this point at the sae skill level as spooner, but spooner has a higher upside offensively
Let's try something different....Krejci, Peverley, 2013 1st. Peverley has peaked at this point; his ceiling is basically like Antoine Vermette on the wing, with less finishing ability. 50-55 points, versatile.

Moving Krejci and Peverley would clear $8.5 million off the books, meaning that acquiring Nash would actually drop the Bruins' payroll slightly. It would also allow the chance for the following to happen:
1) Work Max Sauve into the lineup
2) Keep Jordan Caron in the NHL for the year
3) Give Spooner and Knight extended looks in the NHL

The other question is what to do with Tim Thomas. Is it possible that he sees the writing on the wall, that the team is planning on Rask and Khudobin being the tandem going forward, and that the whole "sit out for a year" is just a ploy to get moved somewhere? Boston would have $5 million in dead cap space. Columbus has both the space to accommodate him and also the ability to absorb the cap hit.

Perhaps throw Thomas in, with a conditional pick being tied to him playing X number of games in 2012-13. If he plays that number (let's call it 41), then no pick comes back to Columbus. If he doesn't, then Columbus would acquire some type of compensation for basically alleviating a cap headache for the Bruins and having nothing to show for it. The 2014 1st-rounder would be reasonable, but I can see something like a 2nd- and 4th-rounder being in play instead. If it weren't a 1st, it could also be taken in 2013 rather than 2014.

This also allows the Bruins to keep Hamilton in the fold, as well as the top forward prospects (Spooner, Knight, Khokhlachev).

Old
07-18-2012, 01:21 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
I don't think short of zetterberg or datsyuk there is a conversation, CBJ doesn't want to get roughed up by Nash for the next how ever many years.
How can Howson turn down the best offer regardless of where the team is located? If he turned down that package he will not find a better one with 2 better forwards in it anywhere else. Not smart for him to take anything short of the best possible offer.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

If the Wings offer ends up being the best offer and Howson never even considered it while giving some crummy return from another team, I will do something... Lauging will be a part of it, I'm sure.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:23 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
How can Howson turn down the best offer regardless of where the team is located? If he turned down that package he will not find a better one with 2 better forwards in it anywhere else. Not smart for him to take anything short of the best possible offer.
Rask for raycroft?

seguin+ for kessel

division deals are dangerous

Old
07-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Let's try something different....Krejci, Peverley, 2013 1st. Peverley has peaked at this point; his ceiling is basically like Antoine Vermette on the wing, with less finishing ability. 50-55 points, versatile.

Moving Krejci and Peverley would clear $8.5 million off the books, meaning that acquiring Nash would actually drop the Bruins' payroll slightly. It would also allow the chance for the following to happen:
1) Work Max Sauve into the lineup
2) Keep Jordan Caron in the NHL for the year
3) Give Spooner and Knight extended looks in the NHL

The other question is what to do with Tim Thomas. Is it possible that he sees the writing on the wall, that the team is planning on Rask and Khudobin being the tandem going forward, and that the whole "sit out for a year" is just a ploy to get moved somewhere? Boston would have $5 million in dead cap space. Columbus has both the space to accommodate him and also the ability to absorb the cap hit.

Perhaps throw Thomas in, with a conditional pick being tied to him playing X number of games in 2012-13. If he plays that number (let's call it 41), then no pick comes back to Columbus. If he doesn't, then Columbus would acquire some type of compensation for basically alleviating a cap headache for the Bruins and having nothing to show for it. The 2014 1st-rounder would be reasonable, but I can see something like a 2nd- and 4th-rounder being in play instead. If it weren't a 1st, it could also be taken in 2013 rather than 2014.

This also allows the Bruins to keep Hamilton in the fold, as well as the top forward prospects (Spooner, Knight, Khokhlachev).
i saw the original deal and instantly said no to myself, i kept reading if CBJ would take thomas, i would do the deal

although if this were to be the deal, i think there would be a little more going to boston, either way i dont think that howson would do either deal though

Old
07-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

boston easily puts together a better package than detroit, plus cbj might wanna take nash out of the conference, let alone the division

Old
07-18-2012, 01:26 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Rask for raycroft?

seguin+ for kessel

division deals are dangerous
Except in this situation, Detroit would be the ones going after Kessel and risk looking like the Maple Leafs.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Boston just signed Nash's best friend, bruins are rumored to be in hard on nash

Boston, signed aaron johnson, and garnet exelby for D ... With

Chara-boychuck
Siedenberg-hamilton
Mquaid-ference
Exelby-johnson
Barkowski-krug

Boston has the best potential starting offer with krejci, so:

Nash for krejci + D + prospect + 1st
Seems pretty fair, actually. #1 or #1b center, good prospect, 1st rounder.... depends on what D is though.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:29 PM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
to be fair,

Franzen while having a lifetime contract is not a young man. He's 32 now, will be 33 in December. Not a centerpiece for a team looking to build something.

Filppula, while solid, is not going to put the numbers up in Columbis that he did in Detroit. He may not have played directly with Dats and Zetts, but by extension, he benefitted from 3r dpairing defensive assignments and took advantage of that. I like him as a player, but I can't see Howson looking at both guys and thinking that this is the direction he wants to go in as he tries to build something in Ohio.

Rebuilding teams to not trade for 28 and 32 year old players
Filppula was Detroits most consistent forward and played 1st line with Zetterberg and 2nd PP minutes..

Old
07-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
So like this:

for

Nash

That's not too bad.
Overpayment IMO

If I were the Boston GM, I wouldn't do more than Kreji and a first.

Closed Thread