HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Rick Nash Speculation (Mod warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 01:31 PM
HSF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Except in this situation, Detroit would be the ones going after Kessel and risk looking like the Maple Leafs.
it can go either way you cnat say for sure but with a star player the risk is great.... could mean the difference between a playoff spot or not

Old
07-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Overpayment IMO

If I were the Boston GM, I wouldn't do more than Kreji and a first.
I would do Krejci, 1st round pick and something with less value than those 2.

Its clear that Howson wants much for Nash. Boston wont have to trade for him, they can manage without. But Nash is just the type of player that fits their team and IMO he would be special in Boston. With Horton possibly out for some time still, adding Nash would help alot. Besides, Howson is probably looking for even better package from teams like Detroit. Boston is a team that would be good for Howson to trade with, for obvious reasons.

Heck, get it done.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
How can Howson turn down the best offer regardless of where the team is located? If he turned down that package he will not find a better one with 2 better forwards in it anywhere else. Not smart for him to take anything short of the best possible offer.
Would the rangers trade gaborik to the isles/pens/devils/flyers if they had the best offer but other teams were interested? Hell no.

07-18-2012, 02:03 PM
BeersHockey

Howson's job is swirling the drain - didn't take an ENTIRE draft's worth of picks to move down 2 spots, and now is going to blow the best deal he will get for Nash because it is from CBJ's "biggest rival"? Got news for you Howie, CBJ isn't going to be a contender for the division for at least 3-4 years, let alone for the Cup.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
How can Howson turn down the best offer regardless of where the team is located? If he turned down that package he will not find a better one with 2 better forwards in it anywhere else. Not smart for him to take anything short of the best possible offer.
Howson can trade Nash to a team that he is going to see 6 times a year,which also happens to be the team that has constantly beaten and abused him, constantly reminded him of how truly mediocre the Blue Jackets are, and are the benefactors of the BJ's only playoff series to date.

Or he can trade Nash to a team that will only be in Columbus once every 2 years, that has no history with the Blue Jackets, and only by a freak coincidence where the BJ's and Nash's team are in the Stanley Cup Finals will he actually see Nash in the playoffs (in which case, the fanbase won't give a rats ass about Nash anymore).

I will be very, very surprised if Nash ends up in Detroit. Only by absurd overpayment where the Wings are the complete and utter losers of the trade will it happen.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:10 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
You assume Sather's offer is currently the best on the table.
If it's not, then why hasn't Howson taken supposed best offer?

Oh that's right, because Detroit supposedly came along and offered the world and Howson still didn't take it, which means he has no interest in dealing him within the Division.

Cross off another team from Nash's list.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:13 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post

Oh that's right, because Detroit supposedly came along and offered the world and Howson still didn't take it, which means he has no interest in dealing him within the Division.

Cross off another team from Nash's list.
He has said that he won't just take the best offer

Old
07-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Seems pretty fair, actually. #1 or #1b center, good prospect, 1st rounder.... depends on what D is though.
It would probably be mquaid/boychuck

Old
07-18-2012, 02:23 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

wow only on HF boards is a GM an idiot for not trading his best player for a 28 and 32 year old when he's trying to rebuild SMH!

Old
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
caley

Joe Haggerty trying to throw some fuel on the fire of Nash to Boston?

on Boston signing Aaron Johnson
Quote:
One interesting side note to the Johnson signing: he was said to be Rick Nash's best friend on the Blue Jackets team last season. A minor league free agent signing doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Blue Jackets franchise winger coming to Boston.

But does add another layer of interest to the proceedings, doesn't it?
http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...7&feedID=10428

Also, on the Detroit rumors, I'd be surprised if a package centered around Filppula would be enough to land Nash, seeing as Filppula next summer.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Because, as I already explained, it's possible he's waiting on Doan/Semin/whoever to sign and seeing if a team that missed on Doan/Semin/whoever will put out an offer that beats the one he's currently considering.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
What does Howson have to gain from standing pat? In regards to Nash, he has two probable outcomes:

--Nash decides that he wants to continue playing for the Blue Jackets, or:

--Nash decides he really, REALLY wants out, and expands his list to facilitate that function.

In both cases, Howson wins. He either gets to keep his franchise forward (though this is the more unlikely of the two), or he gets more teams to work with and thus a better offer.

Now, this doesn't come without risk. What if teams lose their interest in Nash? Well, if that happens, that actually plays into Howson's favor, as it forces Nash to expand his list.

So maybe the answer to your question is, the best current offer isn't good enough?

Old
07-18-2012, 02:38 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post

Also, on the Detroit rumors, I'd be surprised if a package centered around Filppula would be enough to land Nash, seeing as Filppula next summer.

The deal is all speculation as of now. We don't know what Detroit offered. All we know is that a CBJ official called it "One **** of a deal!"

Old
07-18-2012, 02:40 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post

Quote:
An NHL source indicated to me today as of now the Bruins are not in on Ryan and Nash sweepstakes and Krejci and Lucic are not available.
https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/sta...74749865492480

Old
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
The deal is all speculation as of now. We don't know what Detroit offered. All we know is that a CBJ official called it "One **** of a deal!"
Do we know it was a CBJ official? I didn't see that detail

Old
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
What does Howson have to gain from standing pat? In regards to Nash, he has two probable outcomes:

--Nash decides he really, REALLY wants out, and expands his list to facilitate that function.

In both cases, Howson wins. He either gets to keep his franchise forward (though this is the more unlikely of the two), or he gets more teams to work with and thus a better offer.

Now, this doesn't come without risk. What if teams lose their interest in Nash? Well, if that happens, that actually plays into Howson's favor, as it forces Nash to expand his list.

So maybe the answer to your question is, the best current offer isn't good enough?
Or Nash still wants to be traded and doesn't expand his list because there are only a few locations he wants to go.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Go Wings

What Holland should do is call up the GM of Anaheim and offer the same deal for Ryan.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Ominous Grey

Gotta feel for Columbus fans. This thing won't end.

It's gotta be weird to see this ordeal (which is already pretty rough, he is their franchise player) get dragged out and beaten to death by every other fanbase. For all parties, I hope Howson gets his **** together and makes a decent deal soon.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Because, as I already explained, it's possible he's waiting on Doan/Semin/whoever to sign and seeing if a team that missed on Doan/Semin/whoever will put out an offer that beats the one he's currently considering.
I thought it was Parise we were waiting for?

Old
07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

So no Boston, Philly, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and San Jose has hinted at not being too interested. There is only the Rangers.

How I just want this to end in any way shape or form.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Or Nash still wants to be traded and doesn't expand his list because there are only a few locations he wants to go.
Then he sits.

Howson was hired to make the Blue Jackets a better team, not to hasten the whims of Rick Nash.

Of course, if Nash really wants out, then he will expand his list (and it was reported that he was going to do so). Nash isn't stupid- he can't have his cake and eat it too. It's either play for the BJ's or get traded to a team of his choice that also has a good offer for him.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Do we know it was a CBJ official? I didn't see that detail
Judging from the way that CBJ have handled media relations in the last few years, I strongly doubt that it was an internal source.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Ominous Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post

I would agree with this sentiment if I thought Howson was competent.

I don't have faith in him to be that prudent and crafty.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:51 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
I think it's going to come down to something like Nash for another very good player with a long term contract.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Fight Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
What Holland should do is call up the GM of Anaheim and offer the same deal for Ryan.
I dont think NHL GMs see Ryan on the same level as Nash as a player. At least not as close as HF sees it.

Closed Thread