HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-17-2012, 04:45 PM
  #526
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Nobody hates him. People just hate bad goaltending, which is something Bryz provided in abundance last year.
AND people HATE bad goaltending when hes getting paid what he is even more so..

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
  #527
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
was this ever proven to be true ? i believe it was just that: a claim.

he sure looked to be the correct weight/trim/nimble in March
No. I've googled around, but I can't find any references to him being overweight/out of shape last season.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 05:21 PM
  #528
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
when we actually have a defense, I'll decide.
Yeah, who the **** are these scrubs on the blue line who call themselves "defensemen?" They should be ashamed of themselves.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 05:31 PM
  #529
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Glad to see we have come full circle in another subject.

Bryz lovers in denial that their man majorly sucked last year, and would rather pass off the critics as haters.

"Bryz haters" simply stating they don't mind the guy as long as he plays well. Which in other than a month and handful of weeks last year; he played pretty damn subpar.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 06:37 PM
  #530
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Glad to see we have come full circle in another subject.

Bryz lovers in denial that their man majorly sucked last year, and would rather pass off the critics as haters.

"Bryz haters" simply stating they don't mind the guy as long as he plays well. Which in other than a month and handful of weeks last year; he played pretty damn subpar.
Just when I was starting to really enjoy the summer ...

BernieParent is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 07:03 PM
  #531
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Just when I was starting to really enjoy the summer ...
This thread is like Jaws. Just circling in the background waiting for the moment to strike.

Hey I didn't bump it.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 07:25 PM
  #532
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
This thread is like Jaws. Just circling in the background waiting for the moment to strike.

Hey I didn't bump it.
I did with the information about his camp in Russia. And I am sorry I did.

Let's burry it back on the 4th page...

CSKA1974 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 07:53 PM
  #533
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I did with the information about his camp in Russia. And I am sorry I did.

Let's burry it back on the 4th page...


Eh you always post interesting articles. Its worth it.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 08:04 PM
  #534
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
i luv this thread...

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 08:47 PM
  #535
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Glad to see we have come full circle in another subject.

Bryz lovers in denial that their man majorly sucked last year, and would rather pass off the critics as haters.

"Bryz haters" simply stating they don't mind the guy as long as he plays well. Which in other than a month and handful of weeks last year; he played pretty damn subpar.
were kickin the skeleton of this horse at this point but its not all about one player. he could've been better in the beginning but the team sucked. thats the point. we sucked defensively. sucked. we needed pronger bad. and stop pretending like you love him but just hate his performance. look at your avatar. out of all the avatars you'd have to heavily dislike the dude to have that picture represent you on here. I do think things will be different as a whole this year. there's were a lot of changes last summer. a year of adjustment was not too much to ask at least for me. i assumed id be that way, and that was before pronger went down. now we know what were dealing with and its time to produce and that goes for everybody not just the goalies. bob had trouble with this team in front too last year, remember?

funghoul is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:43 PM
  #536
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 37,235
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I did with the information about his camp in Russia. And I am sorry I did.

Let's burry it back on the 4th page...
Yeah, back to that.

That's a great community move, and will be an awesome experience for those kids. Who knows, maybe a future Russian goaltending legend will be inspired to reach his full potential because of the camp.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:45 PM
  #537
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
were kickin the skeleton of this horse at this point but its not all about one player. he could've been better in the beginning but the team sucked. thats the point. we sucked defensively. sucked. we needed pronger bad. and stop pretending like you love him but just hate his performance. look at your avatar. out of all the avatars you'd have to heavily dislike the dude to have that picture represent you on here. I do think things will be different as a whole this year. there's were a lot of changes last summer. a year of adjustment was not too much to ask at least for me. i assumed id be that way, and that was before pronger went down. now we know what were dealing with and its time to produce and that goes for everybody not just the goalies. bob had trouble with this team in front too last year, remember?
Bob is also a great deal younger and didn't have nearly the amount of chances Bryz did.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 07:04 AM
  #538
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Yeah, back to that.

That's a great community move, and will be an awesome experience for those kids. Who knows, maybe a future Russian goaltending legend will be inspired to reach his full potential because of the camp.
Thank you! That was the purpose of original posting. Also, NHL draftee Vasilevskiy is in the camp as a mentor, but he also stated that he welcomes Bryz's mentorship.

CSKA1974 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 08:07 AM
  #539
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Curious, for all those continuously saying "he sucked for half the year last year so he sucks" - question for you. Do you not agree that it was "predictable" that Bryz would have had a rough first year? New team, new system, media pressure, HBO, Flyer fans, Pronger injury, etc, etc. It was a rough year - he said as much. In the second half of the season his numbers are outstanding. Why is it so "crazy" to think his entire second year will be more like his second half of last year rather than his first?

I keep hearing, he makes too much. OK lets look at the top cap hit goalies over the past three seasons, seems like reasonable money to me.

Player Cap Hit GAA SP
Henrik Lundquist $6.88 2.22 0.924
Pekka Rinne $7.00 2.34 0.922
Ryan Miller $6.25 2.44 0.92
Cam Ward $6.30 2.66 0.918
Carey Price $6.50 2.48 0.918
Ilya Bryzgalov $5.66 2.41 0.918
Mikka Kiprusoff $5.83 2.43 0.916
Niklas Backstrom $6.00 2.62 0.912

I bet Bryz is at or above .918 next year. I have no problem with Bryz.

P.S. This is year 2 of 9 coming up. Might as well be optimistic, he isn't going anywhere. If you are writing him off, then might as well start looking at the 2020 draft.

phillyfanatic is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:10 AM
  #540
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Curious, for all those continuously saying "he sucked for half the year last year so he sucks" - question for you. Do you not agree that it was "predictable" that Bryz would have had a rough first year? New team, new system, media pressure, HBO, Flyer fans, Pronger injury, etc, etc. It was a rough year - he said as much. In the second half of the season his numbers are outstanding. Why is it so "crazy" to think his entire second year will be more like his second half of last year rather than his first?

I keep hearing, he makes too much. OK lets look at the top cap hit goalies over the past three seasons, seems like reasonable money to me.

Player Cap Hit GAA SP
Henrik Lundquist $6.88 2.22 0.924
Pekka Rinne $7.00 2.34 0.922
Ryan Miller $6.25 2.44 0.92
Cam Ward $6.30 2.66 0.918
Carey Price $6.50 2.48 0.918
Ilya Bryzgalov $5.66 2.41 0.918
Mikka Kiprusoff $5.83 2.43 0.916
Niklas Backstrom $6.00 2.62 0.912

I bet Bryz is at or above .918 next year. I have no problem with Bryz.

P.S. This is year 2 of 9 coming up. Might as well be optimistic, he isn't going anywhere. If you are writing him off, then might as well start looking at the 2020 draft.
There's also plenty of examples the other way.

Bryzgalov - .915 career sv%, $5.67M
Niemi - .915 career sv%, $3.8M
Vokoun - .917 career sv%, $2M
Anderson - .913 career sv%, $3.17M
Lehtonen - .914 career sv%, $3.55M
Nabokov - .912 career sv%, $2.75M

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:31 AM
  #541
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
ummm lots of players join new teams and have stellar seasons..

how do you explain that ???

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 12:03 PM
  #542
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Lets just bury this thread till we have something legit to complain about.

Lord knows we will get plenty of chances in the upcoming season.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 12:49 PM
  #543
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Lets just bury this thread till we have something legit to complain about.

Lord knows we will get plenty of chances in the upcoming season.
yea really. this just proves we don't know how to deal with lame off seasons where nothing happens. were spoiled and bored.

funghoul is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 01:34 PM
  #544
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Let this die - we have him for more years. He isn't going anywhere... can we close this back and forth back and forth back and.....

dingbathero is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
  #545
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
ummm lots of players join new teams and have stellar seasons..

how do you explain that ???
Such as? Almost every big name big money UFA signing who switched teams had a significantly down year the next year. Some come back, some don't. The reasons are simple; pressure, new coach, new teammates, new city, life changes (kids in new school, moving and buying a house, new friends, blah, blah)

2006: Zdeno Chara is the big signing, has his worst statistical year ever.
2007: Scott Gomez, Chris Drury, Ryan Smyth and Daniel Briere are the big signings. (All have down years, Gomez and Drury did not recover)
2008: Brian Campbell, Cristobal Huet, Wade Redden, Mike Commodore, Sean Avery, Marian Hossa, Mats Sundin are big name signings. Marian Hossa is the only one to have a very good year.
2009: Marian Hossa, Marian Gaborik, Martin Havlat, Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta are big name signings. Honestly, most have excellent years.
2010:Ilya Kovalchuk, Sergei Gonchar, Zbynek Michalek, Paul Marti, Dan Hamhuis, Antti Niemi are big name signings. NONE have good years. Kovalchuk and Gonchar have rebounded in year 2 of their deals
2011: Brad Richards, Eric Cole, Ilya Bryzgalov, Tomas Vokoun, Ville Leino, Tomas Kaberle. All except Eric Cole have down years. I suspect Richards, Leino ad Bryz will rebound in 2012.

phillyfanatic is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 01:53 PM
  #546
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Let this die - we have him for more years. He isn't going anywhere... can we close this back and forth back and forth back and.....
Not a Tennis fan I take it

phillyfanatic is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 03:11 PM
  #547
Karnov
Registered User
 
Karnov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Ilya Bryzgalov on CBA salary rollbacks, Claude Giroux’s fear of Russia and the Universe

Chesnokov of Puck Daddy intervievs Bryzgalov, good stuff and well worth a read.

Karnov is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 03:27 PM
  #548
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 37,235
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnov View Post
Ilya Bryzgalov on CBA salary rollbacks, Claude Giroux’s fear of Russia and the Universe

Chesnokov of Puck Daddy intervievs Bryzgalov, good stuff and well worth a read.
Asked about having what he described as his worst season:

""I would like to clarify — the most "mixed" season. I did have stretches where I had shutouts, when I was showing the stats like in Phoenix, when everyone praised me. Philadelphia made it to the second round of the Stanley Cup… You can find the positives. But my personal rating is that I am not happy with the season.

"I would like to thank fans who fairly criticized me. I got to know the Philadelphia media. This is an invaluable experience that will certainly help me. But I cannot say that I have 'sport rage' now and the next season I will show who the real Bryzgalov is! I set certain goals for myself and I will work to reach them. Otherwise you can do so much bad if you're filled with emotions.""

That makes it sound like he knows what to expect from the media and fans in Philly this coming year. Good. Hopefully he can keep everything zen and just focus on stopping pucks.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 03:48 PM
  #549
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,541
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnov View Post
Ilya Bryzgalov on CBA salary rollbacks, Claude Giroux’s fear of Russia and the Universe

Chesnokov of Puck Daddy intervievs Bryzgalov, good stuff and well worth a read.
Great interview, thanks for posting.

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 04:02 PM
  #550
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnov View Post
Ilya Bryzgalov on CBA salary rollbacks, Claude Giroux’s fear of Russia and the Universe

Chesnokov of Puck Daddy intervievs Bryzgalov, good stuff and well worth a read.
Thank you for posting- I was about to start translating the original.

CSKA1974 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.