18. Adam craiviech - lambton
19. Matt Spencer - oakville
20. Troy henely - oakville
21. Aaron luchuck - Kingston
22. Austin gaboury - Kitchener
23. Brett primeau - sun county
24. Connor schlicting - Toronto
25. Jack behse - thunder bay

* didn't include bracco because I wasent sure if he's eligible for the ohl. I don't know where he's playing next year
Bracco's apparently playing Jr. B next year in New Jersey.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Bracco's apparently playing Jr. B next year in New Jersey.
Capobianco has left the Marlies, signed with Oakville.

Old
07-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
One of those was Marlie stud bantam Kyle Capobianco he switched to the Oakville Rangers hoping to play for Ken STrong this year but thats not happening.

3 guys to watch this year:

Matthew Kreis Vaughn Kings
Nikita Korostelev Vaughn Kings
David Zieppeiri Mississauga Rebels.
I believe Korostolev is with the JrC this year. I don't know where Kreis is going but I don't believe he is staying with VK.
I also think these 3 should have good years, great upsides.
Add Noah Robinson Marlies to that list. He will look really good playing on a wing with Strome in the middle.

Old
07-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutReel65 View Post
Graham Brulotte expected to go high in the draft. Playing in London this year.
He's only playing in London because he ws cut from Elgin Middlesex, isn't he?

Old
07-18-2012, 05:44 PM
scout97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
He's only playing in London because he ws cut from Elgin Middlesex, isn't he?
Yes that's correct. Austin soot is also playing for London gold this year and nick whitworth is playing for London green

Old
07-18-2012, 06:06 PM
scout97

[QUOTE=ScoutReel65;51718859]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscout View Post
my top 10.

1.Mitch Stephens
2.Zach Werenski
3.Travis Konecny
4.Brett Primeau
5.Karch Bachman
6.Jordan Greenway
7.Josh Defarias
8.Blake Spears
9.Cole Mayo
10.Kyle Capobianco[/QUOTE.

Graham Brulotte expected to go high in the draft. Playing in London this year. Keep updating these top 10s!

Dennis yan and Adam craiviech from lambton should go high first round as well. Both played up the whole year with the 96's and were amongst the league leading scorers. I think craiviech is playing for oakville this year, not sure about yan. Also other players from the allience to watch for are

Travis konecny - elgin
Cole mayo - elgin
Austin gaboury - Kitchener
Brett primeau- sun county
Matt Barnes - Windsor
Ethan syzpula- London gold
Trent dundas - Huron Perth
Lawson crouse - elgin
Hayden broomhead - elgin
Andrew Kim - elgin
Mitchell vande somple-London gold
Connor rosasen - Windsor
Noah Bushnell - sun county
Zach Jacobs - Huron Perth
Trent fox - chatam

All these kids have a shot at going in the top 5 rounds next year

Old
07-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout97 View Post
Yes that's correct. Austin soot is also playing for London gold this year and nick whitworth is playing for London green
There are 10 imports between the 2 London teams, so there are loads of EMC kids there. Anders Adzija would be another EMC cut on Gold.

My point was that Brulotte was cut from his home AAA team, so how could he possibly "be expected to go high in the draft".

Last edited by Dreakmur: 07-18-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old
07-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Dreakmur

[QUOTE=scout97;52678213]
Quote:

Dennis yan and Adam craiviech from lambton should go high first round as well. Both played up the whole year with the 96's and were amongst the league leading scorers. I think craiviech is playing for oakville this year, not sure about yan. Also other players from the allience to watch for are

Travis konecny - elgin
Cole mayo - elgin
Austin gaboury - Kitchener
Brett primeau- sun county
Matt Barnes - Windsor
Ethan syzpula- London gold
Trent dundas - Huron Perth
Lawson crouse - elgin
Hayden broomhead - elgin
Andrew Kim - elgin
Mitchell vande somple-London gold
Connor rosasen - Windsor
Noah Bushnell - sun county
Zach Jacobs - Huron Perth
Trent fox - chatam

All these kids have a shot at going in the top 5 rounds next year
Colton White in London is a good bet to go relatively early. He'd probably be my first pick from their team.

Josh Coyle from Elgin is going to be interesting this season. Late getting to AAA, he's big and skates really well, and he made big improvements last season.

Trent Fox likely lands in Elgin next season. Unlikely, but possible are London, Sun County, and Chatham.

Old
07-18-2012, 08:53 PM
scout97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
There are 10 imports between the 2 London teams, so there are loads of EMC kids there. Anders Adzija would be another EMC cut on Gold.

My point was that Brulotte was cut from his home AAA team, so how could he possibly "be expected to go high in the draft".
My prediction is that brulotte will go anywhere between rounds 7-11. He played on elgins 3rd line last year which kind of hurt his ice time and scoring GP 52 G 14 A 15 . Now that he's playing for London gold I would think he would be on their second line at least. He's got some size and is a good skater with a good set of hands. Playing for London gold can rise his draft stock abit as long as he is getting more ice and is putting up points

Old
07-18-2012, 10:14 PM
checkmate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Capobianco has left the Marlies, signed with Oakville.
Brett McKenzie also signed with Oakville!

Old
07-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
My prediction is that brulotte will go anywhere between rounds 7-11.
That's not completely unreasonable. My comment was directed at the person who said he would go "high in the draft". He may be a late pick, but I still have a hard time believing a cut will be drafted at all.

Quote:
He played on elgins 3rd line last year which kind of hurt his ice time and scoring GP 52 G 14 A 15 . Now that he's playing for London gold I would think he would be on their second line at least. He's got some size and is a good skater with a good set of hands. Playing for London gold can rise his draft stock abit as long as he is getting more ice and is putting up points
That would depend on how involved the old parent coaches are in the team. The London team has been extremely agenda-driven over the years, which has led to the showcasing of certain players at the expense of everyone else.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
scout97

Anyone have any stats or info on Hamilton Jr bulldogs forward smith. Would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Last edited by scout97: 07-20-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Hawks19

Dreakmur,

I agree with your assessment of LJK in trying to build super teams and last year they had likely the best MM team they've had in terms of overall talent and 10 players were drafted. Do you think that cuts from EMC will make this year's squad better than last year's team? Do you think that some of the names being floated on here have as much of a chance of being drafted considering it takes an extremely deep team to get 10 players from one team drafted? I believe that EMC is still the team to beat this year in the Alliance and that will get several players from their team a longer look than others.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:54 PM
NHL Fanatic

Anyone to look out for in the SCTA in particular the Welland region?

Old
07-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Torts

can anyone fill me in on the 97 rangers. are they going to be frontrunners this year.

who were the players they brought in from the states.

as an oakville native and an ex oakville ranger i am very excited is setting themselves up for success. kinda bummed they gotta bring in players from elsewhere tho

Old
07-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks19 View Post
Dreakmur,

I agree with your assessment of LJK in trying to build super teams and last year they had likely the best MM team they've had in terms of overall talent and 10 players were drafted. Do you think that cuts from EMC will make this year's squad better than last year's team? Do you think that some of the names being floated on here have as much of a chance of being drafted considering it takes an extremely deep team to get 10 players from one team drafted? I believe that EMC is still the team to beat this year in the Alliance and that will get several players from their team a longer look than others.
Not sure where I said anything about London building super teams. They only did it once, and it was basically an accident. Last year, EMC all but deliberately screwed over the kids on that 1996 team, and the better players wanted to get the heck out. London just happened to be close. All of the chatter during the Bantam season had London players heading to EMC rather than the other way around. As far as being the best team they've had, the 1996s would be 3rd at best. 1989s and 1990s are easily better.

I couldn't really get a good indication on whether the EMC cuts will help this year's London team. The cuts played very little last year, and the London kids they replaced played even less. It's tough to say whether they are an uprgate or not. Both teams really get carried by their top end players. As I said before, the biggest factor for London this year will be the coaching - mainly how much that coaching gets influenced by the former coach.

As for the draft, both teams are top-heavy, especially EMC. I see EMC as having 2 first-rounders, a couple mid-round locks, and a couple more wild cards. I don't see anybody in London going in the first round, but should have a handful go in the 2nd and 3rd. Then they've got 6 likely mid-rounders, and maybe a couple wild-cards. My guess would be 5-6 drafted from EMC and 7-8 from London.

Elgin probably is the team to beat. Their top-end is just so good.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Hawks19

Thanks for your input.

I agree that alot went on last year with EMC and LJK, and alot more behind the scenes that no one will ever know or care about, but the jumping of players in their MM years between the two organizations has gone on for years and will likely continue for some time to come.

I watched some of the AllState All Canadian game on Saturday and was impressed with McDavid, Konecny and Sprong. Looks like a strong top end for next year's draft in the OHL.

I'll be reading and watching as the year goes on as I can between coaching myself.

Any word on any of the players from Chatham or Sarnia this coming season? I know both teams have switched out several players from last year.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:55 AM
hockeyonice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Anyone to look out for in the SCTA in particular the Welland region?
admirals have high end defenceman that should go first round walters skates well great hands sees the ice very well moves puck out of zone excellent
also from admirals defenceman walker excellent skater tough kid wont back down
forwards davies great hands came over from st kitts and fox also have some larger forwards that should go mid rounds. solid tending with schoeman back in net. improved team from last year
from st kitts goalies are worth looking at (bowman)
niagara falls no one really

Old
07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
hockeyonice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
can anyone fill me in on the 97 rangers. are they going to be frontrunners this year.

who were the players they brought in from the states.

as an oakville native and an ex oakville ranger i am very excited is setting themselves up for success. kinda bummed they gotta bring in players from elsewhere tho
believe henly is there and have heard that (sorry for the mis spelling) padaway from wilkes barre scranton (could be just a rumor) with their other additions like mckenzie and speers they will be the team to beat this year

Old
07-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyonice View Post
believe henly is there and have heard that (sorry for the mis spelling) padaway from wilkes barre scranton (could be just a rumor) with their other additions like mckenzie and speers they will be the team to beat this year
Also d-man last year at Marlies and this just recently at All-State AC event Kyle Capobianco will be in OAkville.

Kid from scranton has signed.

They have added 9 new players, 2 from Mississauga, 1 from Toronto and 2 kids from Oakville returned from the G. Only 4 players from out of town.

Rick Vaive will be HC, taking over from Ken Strong who got a gig in Austria with Red Bull.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:31 PM
scout97

Oakville is stacked with talent they have 4 Allstate players and a possibly 5 or more first round picks on thier team. Mackenzie,craiviech, capobianco, and speers, Spencer, burns, henely, those are the only kids I know on the team but they are gonna be really tough to beat

Old
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Oakville is stacked with talent they have 4 Allstate players and a possibly 5 or more first round picks on thier team. Mackenzie,craiviech, capobianco, and speers, Spencer, burns, henely, those are the only kids I know on the team but they are gonna be really tough to beat
Don''t think that Speers is on that team. He should be playing for the Sault Ste. Marie Minor Midget.

The 4th All State player was Daniel Sprong.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Pioneer5

What's the goalie situation in Oakville looking like?

Old
07-24-2012, 10:47 PM
ScoutReel65

London Gold and Emc talk - Sloot left without being cut because of new import D from Huron Perth and Brulotte left without being cut because of drama from bringing a player from sweden over to play.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
London Gold and Emc talk - Sloot left without being cut because of new import D from Huron Perth and Brulotte left without being cut because of drama from bringing a player from sweden over to play.
Neither guy would be allowed to go without being cut first. They may well have wanted to leave, but Elgin only let them go because the players were not wanted.

Closed Thread