HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhail Grigorenko signs 3-year ELC

Old
07-18-2012, 03:41 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I'm leaning 70/30 Quebec over Buffalo. He's got a lot of filling out to do and with their track record of usually taking a slow cooking approach with their prospects, he'll have to wow them to win the spot out of camp. Not that he can't, especially if he finds some early chemistry with one of Pominville or Vanek in the early week of camp.
I anticipate him getting the tryout to open the season before returning to Juniors.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:41 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
So, where do you expect him to play next season?
I think he belongs in Québec again next season, but then again, the organization has said that he'll be given every opportunity to make the NHL, so my opinion will be met with resistance.

Come on people who have hardly seen him play (if at all), tell me I'm wrong!

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I think he belongs in Québec again next season, but then again, the organization has said that he'll be given every opportunity to make the NHL, so my opinion will be met with resistance.

Oh, I think he'll likely land in Quebec once again (thus 70). It's on him to make the physical improvements in the next two months to at least make the choice difficult at the start of the year. If he does, great. If he doesn't... that's great too, since he goes back to a place he knows, with high-skill linemates and a coach who is bringing out untapped parts of his game. Go, dominate, break it off up certain aspects of the scouting press world's backside. It's all good.

07-18-2012, 04:09 PM
gallagt01

Still no press conference audio/video?

Was there even an actual presser?

Edit: It's actually on sabres.com, my mistake.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Kc232
Hi

So excited for this team in the upcoming years.

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:27 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I just heard on TV that Grigorenko's agent said he would be attending Quebec's camp in August. Of course, he'll likely stay there until there's a new agreement between the NHL and its players.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I just heard on TV that Grigorenko's agent said he would be attending Quebec's camp in August. Of course, he'll likely stay there until there's a new agreement between the NHL and its players.
I like how Roy will have a little dilemma with his Euro players.

I don't think it's gonna be a hard decision though.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:33 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I like how Roy will have a little dilemma with his Euro players.

I don't think it's gonna be a hard decision though.
I think it will.

Sorensen is going to be a 1st rounder in 2013 and can still play two-three seasons with the team. He'll never have full value for him I think.

Old
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Congrats...you have an opinion..... Any reason to invite flaming?

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:57 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I'm leaning 70/30 Quebec over Buffalo. He's got a lot of filling out to do and with their track record of usually taking a slow cooking approach with their prospects, he'll have to wow them to win the spot out of camp. Not that he can't, especially if he finds some early chemistry with one of Pominville or Vanek in the early week of camp.
Sounds about right to me, for now. If he puts on some decent muscle between now and autumn and/or wows at camp, those odds could flip the other way. But I'd definitely think Quebec seems more likely atm.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:02 PM
jfb392

Quote:
I think it will.

Sorensen is going to be a 1st rounder in 2013 and can still play two-three seasons with the team. He'll never have full value for him I think.
I think one year of Grigorenko at 18 and Kucherov at 19 with a previous history of chemistry is better than one year of Grigorenko and likely at most two years of Sörensen (since he's a '94), who is relatively unproven at this point and coming off an awful injury.

The rumors that they were very interested in Kucherov in 2011 make me think that they'll want him instead of their Plan B that year (Sörensen), too.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:06 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
I think one year of Grigorenko at 18 and Kucherov at 19 with a previous history of chemistry is better than one year of Grigorenko and likely at most two years of Sörensen (since he's a '94), who is relatively unproven at this point and coming off an awful injury.

The rumors that they were very interested in Kucherov in 2011 make me think that they'll want him instead of their Plan B that year (Sörensen), too.
I also believe Sorensen will be the one to go, but I don't think it will be an easy decision. Sorensen is very committed to Quebec. He spent only 2 months in Sweden this summer and he's already back in Quebec. He's also taking french classes.

Thinking about Grigorenko, when he plays in the Russia-Canada series in August, it will be the 1st time he goes back to Russia since August 2011... And they say he's a flight risk...

Old
07-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I also believe Sorensen will be the one to go, but I don't think it will be an easy decision. Sorensen is very committed to Quebec. He spent only 2 months in Sweden this summer and he's already back in Quebec. He's also taking french classes.

Thinking about Grigorenko, when he plays in the Russia-Canada series in August, it will be the 1st time he goes back to Russia since August 2011... And they say he's a flight risk...

Flight risk? ... To bolt to Russia?

Old
07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Flight risk? ... To bolt to Russia?
What I mean is that several people says there's a risk he might bolt to Russia... but he has not return to his home country for a year and he wouldn't go back this year if it wasn't for the Russia-Canada challenge.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:38 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:

Not sure if sarcastic about flight risk or unaware there are rules now to prevent that sort of thing.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What I mean is that several people says there's a risk he might bolt to Russia... but he has not return to his home country for a year and he wouldn't go back this year if it wasn't for the Russia-Canada challenge.
Um..... if he wanted to "bolt" to Russia...he could leave anytime he wishes... Why would he have to wait till the Russia-Canada series? .. This isn't Cuba...or Communist Soviet Union...

Old
07-18-2012, 05:46 PM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
You are all missing the point by quite a bit

drinking bleach irl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
You are all missing the point by quite a bit
Then please explain, Doctor.

Nevermind.

Read it again.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:52 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Glad to see this happen. Now let's get Ennis's new deal done.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:53 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Sorry if you don't really understand what I'm trying to say. People says there's a risk he might bolt to KHL(Before his new contract or after). However, he hasn't even gone back during his free time in April-May. It tells a lot about his commitment to North America. And like I said, if it wasn't for the challenge, he wouldn't go back there for another year. I'm talking about him going back home to see family and spend some time at home during the off season. He prefered staying here during his mono and to prepare for the NHL during summer. He isn't even going back home during his free time, so KHL must be really far in his mind.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:56 PM
jfb392

Quote:

Yeah, it's unfortunate that they'll likely have to let him go, but it's just a part of the business I guess.
Kucherov and Grigorenko probably give them a better chance to win this season and I don't know if Kucherov would report anywhere else, so he probably has less value in a trade.

Smart decision for him to take French classes though, since they'll be useful even if he's traded to a Maritime team.

Quote:
Grigorenko was called a flight risk by the talking heads that look for any excuse to criticize Russians players, yet he hasn't been back to Russia in almost a year.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:58 PM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
Quote:

Nevermind.

Read it again.
too easy

drinking bleach irl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Sorry if you don't really understand what I'm trying to say. People says there's a risk he might bolt to KHL(Before his new contract or after). However, he hasn't even gone back during his free time in April-May. It tells a lot about his commitment to North America. And like I said, if it wasn't for the challenge, he wouldn't go back there for another year. I'm talking about him going back home to see family and spend some time at home during the off season. He prefered staying here during his mono and to prepare for the NHL during summer. He isn't even going back home during his free time, so KHL must be really far in his mind.

Yeah. I didn't get the jist what you were saying the first time. My bad.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
too easy

Old
07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Bill Hoppe‏@BillHoppeNHL

#Sabres Mikhail Grigorenko on when the KHL spoke to him prior to the draft "I said, ‘I’m sorry, I want to be an NHL player.’" #Buffalo
Nu-cu-lar

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote