HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Former Avalanche Enforcer Scott Parker on MHH

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 05:54 PM
  #26
iAvs
JUST WIN
 
iAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,474
vCash: 500
Dater's take on Parker and his thoughts on the Bertuzzi/Moore incident. Basically, he thinks Parker spoke out of place & is dead wrong in his thinking...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...thought/11138/

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:08 PM
  #27
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,563
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskog View Post
Fantastic read. Lots of controversial points that I don't really want to pick on now, but I guess that's what I'd expect from more of a fringe NHLer, they're going to have a different way of looking at things. Shame I never got to see SP play really, though, especially watching a year and a half of David Koci

As an aside, he kinda looks like Opie from SOA, with the touque on.
Take that back!

Although, if he can act, I'd like to see him get at least a bit part on SOA.

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:16 PM
  #28
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss
 
Duskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Take that back!

Although, if he can act, I'd like to see him get at least a bit part on SOA.
Ha, before I'd seen the show, for a while I wasn't sure if your avatar WAS Scott Parker haha.

Woulda been pretty sweet though if he'd been in SamTusc or something, maybe the guy who arranged the crank dealing.

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:17 PM
  #29
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,553
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Dater's take on Parker and his thoughts on the Bertuzzi/Moore incident. Basically, he thinks Parker spoke out of place & is dead wrong in his thinking...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...thought/11138/
And dater is right. What Parker said was dead wrong and representative of what is wrong in the game

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:21 PM
  #30
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,800
vCash: 291
Great read. Loved his bit about Hartley and Wilson. The Steve Moore stuf fis interesting I never thought of Steve Moore as an arrogant ******* but then again I wasnt around him all the time like Parks was.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:25 PM
  #31
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,800
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
And dater is right. What Parker said was dead wrong and representative of what is wrong in the game
Im simply bolding this because we may never see these words spoken again on here.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:28 PM
  #32
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss
 
Duskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
And dater is right. What Parker said was dead wrong and representative of what is wrong in the game
I dunno, Parker is obviously not very well-spoken and I don't know that what he was trying to say came across every time in that interview... seems to me like everyone's focusing on his comment about Moore's attitude, when really what he was saying was that Bertuzzi has been judged too hard over a poor decision he made a decade ago. I'm inclined to believe he could be a perfectly decent person off-ice.

In any case, I think Dater doesn't exactly show his best side by ignoring that aspect of it altogether and just focusing on what a stupid, jealous goon Parker is. It's not exactly great journalism anyways, to sit on your ass, wait for MHH to do a better player-piece than Dater has done all year, and then beat up on the subject by picking apart one thing he says and cast it on him in the worst possible light. Especially since Parker himself is a former Avalanche player.. I mean, in the last bit where he refers to Steve Moore's "teammates". Wtf is that, a little underhanded shot at Sakic, Forsberg, and the rest of the 2003-04 Avs team?

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:29 PM
  #33
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,553
vCash: 69
Good thing i'm not in castle rock.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:29 PM
  #34
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,712
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Great read. Loved his bit about Hartley and Wilson. The Steve Moore stuf fis interesting I never thought of Steve Moore as an arrogant ******* but then again I wasnt around him all the time like Parks was.
He certainly was around him in different settings than a guy like Dater, but like he alluded to, it was at most for a couple training camps, and a few regular season games.

I wonder how much the idea that the game was shifting away from pure enforcers like Parker, and more towards the 3rd/4th line guys that could actually play like Moore. Maybe he thinks some fancy pants college grad took his job.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:33 PM
  #35
Ceremony
Moderator
Transcendence
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 72,488
vCash: 499
It still kills me that we used a 1st round pick on Parker.

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:09 PM
  #36
donkers*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskog View Post
Fantastic read. Lots of controversial points that I don't really want to pick on now, but I guess that's what I'd expect from more of a fringe NHLer, they're going to have a different way of looking at things. Shame I never got to see SP play really, though, especially watching a year and a half of David Koci

As an aside, he kinda looks like Opie from SOA, with the touque on.
There wasn't much to see.

donkers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:29 PM
  #37
DRL
Streak killers!
 
DRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
There's a reason we had a ridiculously lopsided win/loss ratio with him in the lineup.
im going to guess it had to do with threatening the crap out of the opposing teams, that they were literally scared to play the avs players as effectively as they were use to.

shame he wasnt used more than he was. topped out at 300+ games.

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:32 PM
  #38
DRL
Streak killers!
 
DRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
So I guess Steve Moore wasn't the most popular guy in the locker room.
you really do get the vibe moore wasnt that well liked. im curious to know more of the situation.

the way the avs kinda forgot he existed.
signing may.
parker sounds like he respected a lot of the players and was also well respected, so its strange to hear him comment on moore like that.

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:04 PM
  #39
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,712
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
you really do get the vibe moore wasnt that well liked. im curious to know more of the situation.

the way the avs kinda forgot he existed.
signing may.
parker sounds like he respected a lot of the players and was also well respected, so its strange to hear him comment on moore like that.
The impression I got was similar to other enforcers. They've all done crazy over the line stuff in their careers, and stick up for one another kinda like goalies all stick up for each other. They kinda feel like they need to band together, and Parker's comments gave me the impression he was lumping Bertuzzi in there. Not because he was a typical enforcer but that he committed an aggressive violent act that crossed the line. They all downplay each others crazy outbursts.

It was in a different setting, but Dater said his impression was that of a quiet humble rookie, that wanted to work hard and earn his time. That was always the impression I got from seeing him on the ice, and in multiple interviews prior to the Bertuzzi incident. I really think Parker's talking out his ass here, unless all the arrogance came out in the room away from cameras. I don't think that was the case, he seemed genuinely like a humble hard working guy.

I think people may give Parker's comments more credence because of the Avs reaction toward Moore after they found out there was going to be a lawsuit. I don't think they liked that it was being handled outside of the NHL family, and closed the door on him thinking if he kept it in the NHL they would help him, but since he's taking it outside he was going to have to rely on that for help. The players moved on to keep it from being a distraction, and probably felt similar to the Avs. There's no way the organization would act that way based on any possible arrogance from a player.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
  #40
niwotsblessing
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: People's Republic
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskog View Post
In any case, I think Dater doesn't exactly show his best side by ignoring that aspect of it altogether and just focusing on what a stupid, jealous goon Parker is. It's not exactly great journalism anyways, to sit on your ass, wait for MHH to do a better player-piece than Dater has done all year, and then beat up on the subject by picking apart one thing he says and cast it on him in the worst possible light. Especially since Parker himself is a former Avalanche player.. I mean, in the last bit where he refers to Steve Moore's "teammates". Wtf is that, a little underhanded shot at Sakic, Forsberg, and the rest of the 2003-04 Avs team?
The MHH interview is a better piece of journalism than anything the Post has given us since Ray lifted the Cup.

niwotsblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:53 PM
  #41
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
As Dater points out in his blog Parker played something like 12 games with Moore and wasn't on the team the season Moore was attacked. That makes him some sort of expert? Posters actually draw conclusions on Moore's presence in the locker room based on Parker's accounts? MHH produces better journalism than the Denver Post? You people live in la la land.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:40 PM
  #42
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 50
Parker is a weird guy.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 02:35 AM
  #43
Drury_Sakic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Maybe he thinks some fancy pants college grad took his job.

What I gathered from the interview and Parker's views on players like Moore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3...ature=youtu.be

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:10 AM
  #44
Hennessy
Blank Space
 
Hennessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Country: United States
Posts: 6,785
vCash: 1100
We don't need no fancy book-learnin' 'round these here parts!

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:29 AM
  #45
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR
 
Joe Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 125
LOL Parker is an idiot.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:40 AM
  #46
billybobjoe1881
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 50
Does anybody have a video of the Trevor Daley incident where Parker went ape ****.

billybobjoe1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:47 AM
  #47
iAvs
JUST WIN
 
iAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
What I gathered from the interview and Parker's views on players like Moore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3...ature=youtu.be
DERK GERR DURRRR!!!!


iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
  #48
Stories
Hockey scientist
 
Stories's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
As Dater points out in his blog Parker played something like 12 games with Moore and wasn't on the team the season Moore was attacked. That makes him some sort of expert? Posters actually draw conclusions on Moore's presence in the locker room based on Parker's accounts? MHH produces better journalism than the Denver Post? You people live in la la land.
I tend to agree with you here.

And Parker's attitude about Moore is very brash. I can't believe he'd also resort to ripping on him going to Harvard. If there's one thing I know about most Ivy league grads is that they're very humble people (I'm a current grad student at one, so I have an inside view), if a bit nerdy (which is a given).

Even though Parker is no longer a part of the NHL, his attitude and way he feels about the game is something that doesn't need to be a part of the NHL any more.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
  #49
Adama0905
Registered User
 
Adama0905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Parker never said that.
This.

I know that's what people are going to get out of this, but maybe Moore wasn't some amazing guy? Wouldn't surprise me.

I think the only thing to really take out of the Bertuzzi part of the interview is something that I agree with - one really crappy awful thing that somebody did is now something that marks him forever and that thousands of fans hate him for. Which is a sad thing, any way you swing it. You can say he deserves it, and he does to an extent, but it's still sad and I still feel for him.

Otherwise, the interview was gold. Such pure raw emotion that you NEVER see out of a hockey player's mouth. Gives a lot of GREAT insight in to the league. Loved it.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:32 AM
  #50
Adama0905
Registered User
 
Adama0905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Dater's take on Parker and his thoughts on the Bertuzzi/Moore incident. Basically, he thinks Parker spoke out of place & is dead wrong in his thinking...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...thought/11138/
Lol Dater is such a tool. Basically he just thinks Parker is some meathead that doesn't know how to talk and comes off as an ass. He's just jealous that he could never get an exclusive interview like that or get any players to say anything more real than "it was a good game and I love my teammates."

Some guy on a marginal blog has thoroughly schooled anything that he has ever written.

Say what you will, but the guys we know are classy and amazing in the organization (Sakic, Bourque, Hedgie) are all the guys that Parker says nothing but good things about. It's telling if he's saying something bad about a guy.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.