HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Drew Doughty Cleared of Sexual Assault Charges

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I would like to think it bothered Doughty and that he learned something from it.
I am hoping he learned something too, but given his performance in the playoffs, it doesn't appear it was on him mind too much.

(I am assuming that if a person is bothered/disturbed by something, his work performance is going to suffer.)

Old
07-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

"According to the the L.A. County District Attorney's Office ... the alleged victim "told the investigating officer that she had consensual sex with suspect" a few months prior to the March incident."

Guess that explains the, "I don't want him to win the Stanley Cup" remark, it wasn't some random hookup gone wrong.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Craig Renetzky meet Gloria Allred, Gloria, meet Craig... enjoy your settlement lunch, it's on DD8
Since I'm not a lawyer, why would there be settlement if Doughty was convicted of any thing and presumably did nothing wrong? If anything, she owes him money for wrongly accusing him.

Old
07-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Since I'm not a lawyer, why would there be settlement if Doughty was convicted of any thing and presumably did nothing wrong? If anything, she owes him money for wrongly accusing him.
I am not a lawyer either, but I am a retired LEO who knows more about the law than I ever wanted to, so I'll give you an idea how this works.

First of all, she owes him nothing. Nothing at all. She made the accusation, and the prosecutor decided not to file. That's it. If he wants to sue her for making a false accusation, good luck to him in trying to make THAT stick. (Not gonna happen.)

Second of all, you are partially right in that since there was no conviction, it makes Super Glo's efforts at collecting a significant portion of that $56 million wad much more difficult. However, that is not the way the real world works...in other words, Doughty's attorney will probably convince him to part with a minuscule amount (minuscule to him, anyway) just to make the ***** go away, and ensure some of the more tawdry info between the two doesn't make it into Entertainment Weekly or The National Inquirer or some other rag.

Lastly, and as a matter of legal smarts, Doughty needs to find another squeeze. Hopefully he is smart enough never, ever, to touch base with this woman again. Hopefully.

Old
07-18-2012, 07:24 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Tell that to O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake, both of them lost their civil suits.

Not that they shouldn't have and that Doughty should if a case is brought.

Remember in a civil case all it takes is a preponderance of evidence.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I would like to think it bothered Doughty and that he learned something from it.
if it was bothering him, his play surely didn't show it. He was playing like the best defenseman in the world.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:22 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Moving on.

Closed Thread