HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Well the sales tax issue for Glendale will be heard on July 30th at 10:15 in front of Judge Sally Duncan (Case Number: CV2012-010693):

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...s/caseInfo.asp

But don't worry, Glendale is represented by Barry Sanders!

However, I was keeping an eye on the ruling for the 1% State sales tax issue and that just came down:

Quote:
PHOENIX - A judge has overturned a state official's decision to keep a proposed sales tax increase off Arizona's November ballot because of a paperwork error.
Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz20zzH2300

Hopefully Sally wont rule like Robert.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Calvisi reported it repeatedly.

Personally, I think it really doesn't matter where Jamison (or anyone else is) in this day and age. With all of the electronic capabilities (plus Fedex, and many other courier-type companies), is there really a necessity for anyone to be in a certain place to sign paperwork anymore? If papers needed to be signed, they could be signed wherever the signer happens to be at the time, no need for a trip into town.

When it's announced that J & B are in the same place, at the same time, and a presser has been scheduled - that's when something big is about to happen.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

the prop 100 sales tax initiative was arguing different case law than that of our sales tax initiative. The Prop 100 (continuation) sales tax was deficient in that the 100 word statement on the petitions did not match word-for-word to those initially filed. However, the prop 100 committee did file an amended 100 word statement that matched word-for-word and it was on a disk with the Secretary of State.

Our sales tax initiative is being kicked out because the 100 word statement is trying to act as both a referendum (undoing the Councils sales tax increase) and an Initiative (requiring all future sales tax increases to go before the voters). They can't have it both ways.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:59 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Ever since Jones' "bucket of tricky clams" comment (or whatever it was) , I can't get the Who's, Another Tricky Day out of my head. Some of the lyrics seem to fit.

Old
07-19-2012, 01:03 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Ever since Jones' "bucket of tricky clams" comment (or whatever it was) , I can't get the Who's, Another Tricky Day out of my head. Some of the lyrics seem to fit.
Maybe this will help?

http://youtu.be/OhuLhcbY_08

Old
07-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Agent: Phoenix Coyotes' Shane Doan waiting for Jamison group confirmation

Quote:
"We're waiting to see what Mr. Jamison is going to do, now that it seems like the path has cleared to take ownership of the team," agent Terry Bross said. "It's been a little quiet from that camp."

Bross hopes to hear from the Jamison group by Friday to receive some reassurance that a sale is coming. If that doesn't happen, it's likely that Doan would begin to examine the list of 16 teams that have expressed interest in the 35-year-old winger.
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...#ixzz215aFScJv

Old
07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post

Be nice to see how it's going with the deal.

Old
07-19-2012, 03:05 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post

Oh look another fake date. We are starting to get as many fake Doan days as ownership decision days.

Old
07-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

At this point, now I'm going to start believing that Jamison can't close the deal because the NHL won't lower the asking price.

Say whatever you want about Glendale but they have showed up plently of times in this process and the NHL not once. I hope Gary Bettman is enjoying his golf game with his other rich corporate buddies.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-19-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old
07-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I'm sure Bettman is actually quite busy with the CBA.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I'm sure Bettman is actually quite busy with the CBA.
Lots of meetings take place at the golf course.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

Typical. Hear some good things or have some good things happen, followed by nothing. Haven't these people heard of inertia?

Old
07-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
At this point, now I'm going to start believing that Jamison can't close the deal because the NHL won't lower the asking price.

Say whatever you want about Glendale but they have showed up plently of times in this process and the NHL not once. I hope Gary Bettman is enjoying his golf game with his other rich corporate buddies.
...ya, its a real head scratcher. Honestly AP I dont know that price is the problem anymore, as its just possible the NHL has in fact lowered it and possibly provided terms. Fact is though, Jamisons going to need a lot more than just the lets say $142M or whatever the deal might be in liquidity, cash money, in order to beef up sales & marketing efforts, personnel, off-ice administration etc, then theres the team itself, player personnel & payroll, expenses. Another $150M+ over & above the sale price itself to cover himself for 2-3yrs. Indeed, the NHL requires as much from anyone buying a team. Hulsizers bid for St.Louis denied when he was unable to produce proof of liquidity & credit in order to cover losses moving forward. So what is the hold-up?. Is it;

1) The uncertainty of a 12-13 season with a likely lockout or walkout?
2) The Tax Petition Ballot Efforts & hearing pending late July early August?
3) Greg Jamison is still raising funds, selling investors Units, not quite "there" yet?

According to Daly, the leagues not overly concerned that Jamison either hasnt already raised enough or wont be able to, so their comfortable & content in that regard (or so they say). Maybe they fully expect a lockout, so theres no hurry, no deadline, basically 6 mnths or even a year to get it done, a far more viable CBA coming out the other end for challenged & smaller markets?. Could be any number of things going on behind the scenes. Its too late to sell for relo if that was seriously being considered. Wouldve happened by now, so something strange is going on. Im in agreement with most, including Bross, that something, anything should be said by the NHL & or Jamison & toute sweet. Reassure the market. Reconfirm your commitments & optimism. Let the players agents know WTF's going on so they can plan their lives accordingly.

Old
07-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
...ya, its a real head scratcher. Honestly AP I dont know that price is the problem anymore, as its just possible the NHL has in fact lowered it and possibly provided terms. Fact is though, Jamisons going to need a lot more than just the lets say $142M or whatever the deal might be in liquidity, cash money, in order to beef up sales & marketing efforts, personnel, off-ice administration etc, then theres the team itself, player personnel & payroll, expenses. Another $150M+ over & above the sale price itself to cover himself for 2-3yrs. Indeed, the NHL requires as much from anyone buying a team. Hulsizers bid for St.Louis denied when he was unable to produce proof of liquidity & credit in order to cover losses moving forward. So what is the hold-up?. Is it;

3) Greg Jamison is still raising funds, selling investors Units, not quite "there" yet?

According to Daly, the leagues not overly concerned that Jamison either hasnt already raised enough or wont be able to, so their comfortable & content in that regard (or so they say). Maybe they fully expect a lockout, so theres no hurry, no deadline, basically 6 mnths or even a year to get it done, a far more viable CBA coming out the other end for challenged & smaller markets?. Could be any number of things going on behind the scenes. Its too late to sell for relo if that was seriously being considered. Wouldve happened by now, so something strange is going on. Im in agreement with most, including Bross, that something, anything should be said by the NHL & or Jamison & toute sweet. Reassure the market. Reconfirm your commitments & optimism. Let the players agents know WTF's going on so they can plan their lives accordingly.
One of the better responses I have seen.

This makes alot of sense. But in the end, all we can do is speculate on what is going on behind the scenes while the impatience grows over not getting the yes or no answer that really matters at this point.

Old
07-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
But in the end, all we can do is speculate on what is going on behind the scenes while the impatience grows over not getting the yes or no answer that really matters at this point.
more of the same from FoxSportsAz.....

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/07/1...27&feedID=3702

Old
07-19-2012, 09:17 PM
KingSalamon

Hey guys! I know you've had tons of people come in here and crap on threads saying good and bad things but I'd like to thank you guys for continuing the good fight!

I hate how things have gone with delays and all this silence. I'm hoping the Coyotes can have Jamison and Company do the final paperwork and complete this sale. I look forward to a future NHL that includes the Coyotes in Glendale!

Old
07-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Mork

Send a message via ICQ to Mork
Quote:
At this point, now I'm going to start believing that Jamison can't close the deal because the NHL won't lower the asking price . . .
I don't think it's possible to credibly read anything at all into the silence, other than for some unknown reason the deal just hasn't yet been done. Given the state of labour negotiations, a delay at this stage is not an indicator one way or the other as to whether a deal will be completed when the time comes. It looks to me like the resumption of play is very much in doubt, and until there is some progress on that front it is naive to expect the NHL and potential investors to put a very high priority on completing a sale of the Coyotes. They don't even know what the financial groundrules would be for the operation of the team.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:05 AM
JMT21

I must concur with the last few posts. The market, fans, players, agents, cleaning staff etc deserve better than what they're getting. GJ's silence is more than deafening. I don't even think he's commented publicly since the COG meeting 6 weeks ago.

It is too much to ask for the man to simply make a statement? Positive reassurance could boost season ticket sales. The face of the franchise could very soon look elsewhere for a new place to play.

At this point I'm afraid GJ has remained silent as nothing positive is progressing. If he's close... really close to securing the funds.... then speak to the market....... let them know.

The market surely deserves at least that.

Old
07-20-2012, 10:03 AM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

Good points ""K" what i find interesting is that the NHL stands to lose a pot load more on this franchise if there is a lockout/walkout. The league may not be playing games but each team has fixed expenses that are ongoing regardless. those expenses, in the Coyotes case will have to be assumed by the league, given the fact that the COG has not agreed to cover losses for the upcoming year. So if the league is taking their sweet time on settling this ownership issue they are also incurring new losses that will ultimately be added to the present basis of 170MM.

Your point regarding the GJ bid is valid as well, the purchase price is one number the liquidity to fund future losses is yet another. Does it make any sense that GB may be asking GJ to escrow a year or two worth of projected losses if he is to assume ownership?

Old
07-20-2012, 12:28 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
I must concur with the last few posts. The market, fans, players, agents, cleaning staff etc deserve better than what they're getting. GJ's silence is more than deafening. I don't even think he's commented publicly since the COG meeting 6 weeks ago.

It is too much to ask for the man to simply make a statement? Positive reassurance could boost season ticket sales. The face of the franchise could very soon look elsewhere for a new place to play.

At this point I'm afraid GJ has remained silent as nothing positive is progressing. If he's close... really close to securing the funds.... then speak to the market....... let them know.

I don't think as a fan I deserve more than I am getting right now. The pretender squads of IEH and MH ran their mouths constantly and were completely worthless. While Jamison may ultimately not buy the team for whatever reason, his bid has overcome more obstacles than anyone else so I don't really care what he says or doesn't say. Just buy the damn thing at some point between now and whenever the season starts (or the lockout ends). I've been in limbo for 3 years, what's another 3-6 months.

Old
07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post

Is there anyway that a group of active fans can somehow get involved in the process? I mean there might be something like a petition drive, or perhaps filing an amicus brief on behalf of GC or something of the nature. It seems that the fans would stand to lose the most in this process, and would be absolutely key to making the transition work in the future, and yet so far has had very little to say....

Old
07-20-2012, 09:02 PM
doaner

Nothing happened today...what a shocker!

Old
07-20-2012, 09:20 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
After 3 years, it has grown quite tiresome, this nothingness.

Old
07-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Was something of importance scheduled to occur today in relation to the Coyotes ownership situation?

Old
07-20-2012, 10:06 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Was something of importance scheduled to occur today in relation to the Coyotes ownership situation?
U tell me oh wise one.

Jamison and doans agent were to meet.

Closed Thread