HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxim Afinogenov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2006, 09:19 PM
  #26
Rails
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: LBurg and FBurg, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,334
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rails
The cap is going up too.

Rails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:21 PM
  #27
peacepipe
Registered User
 
peacepipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
And for you to hope that Hatcher or Gauthier puts him on his *** is pathetic. What you should do is respect the talents of Afinogenov just as you would expect respect for Gagne, or Forsberg, etc.
wow are you kidding me...how is wanting to see him get leveled not respecting him, we never said throw a knee or an elbow we just need something to keep his head up and slow him down..if someone catches forsberg or gagne obviously it would make me a little disappointed but its hockey and if its clean just accept it

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:25 PM
  #28
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe
wow are you kidding me...how is wanting to see him get leveled not respecting him, we never said throw a knee or an elbow we just need something to keep his head up and slow him down..if someone catches forsberg or gagne obviously it would make me a little disappointed but its hockey and if its clean just accept it
Actually it is different to say keep your head up, but to take his head off is not hockey. You don't go out there with the intent to bash somebody's brains in, that is not hockey. Of course, if the opportunity in the game arises where you can cleanly put a nice hit on someone without throwing a knee or elbow is fine. But to hope for it is not cool, how bad would you feel if you hoped for it and he got hit in the head and it ended his career, than it would not be a joke.

But like I said a nice hit that is not premeditated but you catch someone with their head down and you throw a shoulder and obviously the clean bodycheck are all fine.

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:30 PM
  #29
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
Actually it is different to say keep your head up, but to take his head off is not hockey. You don't go out there with the intent to bash somebody's brains in, that is not hockey. Of course, if the opportunity in the game arises where you can cleanly put a nice hit on someone without throwing a knee or elbow is fine. But to hope for it is not cool, how bad would you feel if you hoped for it and he got hit in the head and it ended his career, than it would not be a joke.

But like I said a nice hit that is not premeditated but you catch someone with their head down and you throw a shoulder and obviously the clean bodycheck are all fine.
i don't think anyone is calling for him to be injured.

the flyers have a better chance to win this series if they establish a physical presence.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:31 PM
  #30
peacepipe
Registered User
 
peacepipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
Actually it is different to say keep your head up, but to take his head off is not hockey. You don't go out there with the intent to bash somebody's brains in, that is not hockey. Of course, if the opportunity in the game arises where you can cleanly put a nice hit on someone without throwing a knee or elbow is fine. But to hope for it is not cool, how bad would you feel if you hoped for it and he got hit in the head and it ended his career, than it would not be a joke.

But like I said a nice hit that is not premeditated but you catch someone with their head down and you throw a shoulder and obviously the clean bodycheck are all fine.
your to nice...players like scott stevens darius kasparitus dennis gautier,etc love the hitting aspect of the game obviously and you are mistaken if you dont think there going out there looking for the big open ice hit..thats the way they think and thats exactly what got them into this league

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:34 PM
  #31
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez19
i don't think anyone is calling for him to be injured.

the flyers have a better chance to win this series if they establish a physical presence.

And I completely agree with you and it is very understandable. However, I do believe Buffalo is ready for the punishment Philly will hand out with the body and they probably are gameplanning around it. Coaching is a chess match and especially between the two best tactical coaches in the league. I believe the coaching will have a lot to do with who walks away winners.

Also if you watch Afinogenov, I would say 95% of the time he has his head up. I don't know how he does it, with the speed and stickhandling I would trip over my stick lol. But I think he will be especially aware and will shy away from a lot of contact. Possibly even a thread starting about him not taking a hit.

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:38 PM
  #32
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
And I completely agree with you and it is very understandable. However, I do believe Buffalo is ready for the punishment Philly will hand out with the body and they probably are gameplanning around it. Coaching is a chess match and especially between the two best tactical coaches in the league. I believe the coaching will have a lot to do with who walks away winners.

Also if you watch Afinogenov, I would say 95% of the time he has his head up. I don't know how he does it, with the speed and stickhandling I would trip over my stick lol. But I think he will be especially aware and will shy away from a lot of contact. Possibly even a thread starting about him not taking a hit.
he's definitly a skilled guy, nice to see he finally put it all together.

we shall see what happens. should be a fun series

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:39 PM
  #33
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe
your to nice...players like scott stevens darius kasparitus dennis gautier,etc love the hitting aspect of the game obviously and you are mistaken if you dont think there going out there looking for the big open ice hit..thats the way they think and thats exactly what got them into this league
HAHA thanks.

You know what honstly I could never compare Stevens to Kapy because Stevens threw the shoulder and Kaspy is a cheap shot artist and he proved it against players on both of our teams.

I understand some guys go out to look for the big hit but in some cases aka peters, brashear, belak, hatcher etc. it isn't that bad because they will throw the hit on somebody their size and of their stature and will most likely drop the gloves.

BTW, I did some research and I know a lot of people who have played AHL or NHL and did you know that most fights even in juniors aren't spur of the moment, unless something durastic in the game. Usually, the two guys who will fight, especially if they are fighters will talk before the game and actually ask eachother to fight that night. I think it is quite hilarious but you know.

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:40 PM
  #34
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez19
he's definitly a skilled guy, nice to see he finally put it all together.

we shall see what happens. should be a fun series
Most definately man, good luck to you, your team and your fans

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:43 PM
  #35
peacepipe
Registered User
 
peacepipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1


I understand some guys go out to look for the big hit but in some cases aka peters, brashear, belak, hatcher etc. it isn't that bad because they will throw the hit on somebody their size and of their stature and will most likely drop the gloves.
what does hitting someone your own size have to do with anything..max is 6 foot i think he can handle it

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:49 PM
  #36
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe
what does hitting someone your own size have to do with anything..max is 6 foot i think he can handle it

By size I mean Gaustad hits Brashear, etc.

I don't think it is necessary for a 66 monster to crush a guy under 6feet, just knock him off the puck.

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:52 PM
  #37
peacepipe
Registered User
 
peacepipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
By size I mean Gaustad hits Brashear, etc.

I don't think it is necessary for a 66 monster to crush a guy under 6feet, just knock him off the puck.
well i respect how you think but i just think it shouldint matter how big or small you are..your playing in the NHL i dont think you should be handled by the opposing team differently because of your size

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 09:57 PM
  #38
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe
well i respect how you think but i just think it shouldint matter how big or small you are..your playing in the NHL i dont think you should be handled by the opposing team differently because of your size
I am about to make a confusing comment

I also think it shouldn't matter about size and it doesn't but I believe there is or should be a respect factor. Like I was disgusted in 03-04 that Chara felt the need to hammer 5'8" Derek Roy into the boards. If you seen the game when Chara hit him his whole body was up against the glass horizontally, not boards but glass, than he fell to the ice. Like common he could have ran into him with a little check and taken the puck and held him up.

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 10:06 PM
  #39
peacepipe
Registered User
 
peacepipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
I am about to make a confusing comment

I also think it shouldn't matter about size and it doesn't but I believe there is or should be a respect factor. Like I was disgusted in 03-04 that Chara felt the need to hammer 5'8" Derek Roy into the boards. If you seen the game when Chara hit him his whole body was up against the glass horizontally, not boards but glass, than he fell to the ice. Like common he could have ran into him with a little check and taken the puck and held him up.
well when your talking about playoffs(idk if that hit was in the playoffs or not)theres really no such thing as letting up which imo seperates stanley cup champions and the teams that leave early

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2006, 10:08 PM
  #40
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe
well when your talking about playoffs(idk if that hit was in the playoffs or not)theres really no such thing as letting up which imo seperates stanley cup champions and the teams that leave early
However I am not saying letting up, I am saying playing smart and respectful. More times than less when a big hit is approached and missed a goal for that team usually ensues or a good scoring chance where the goalie saves their butt.

Instead of the head jarring hits why not playa physical yet smart game.

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 07:11 AM
  #41
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
And for you to hope that Hatcher or Gauthier puts him on his *** is pathetic. What you should do is respect the talents of Afinogenov just as you would expect respect for Gagne, or Forsberg, etc.
Hey Mary, dont get your panties in a bunch. He said knock him on his ***, not take out his knees or give him an elbow to the head. I hope Gauthier and Hatcher play a nasty, physical game and punish the hell out of any of the smallish skilled Sabre forwards that get too close to the front of the net.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 02:45 PM
  #42
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Hey Mary, dont get your panties in a bunch. He said knock him on his ***, not take out his knees or give him an elbow to the head. I hope Gauthier and Hatcher play a nasty, physical game and punish the hell out of any of the smallish skilled Sabre forwards that get too close to the front of the net.
Actually he said take hid head off. And if you seen any of the other posts you would understand the conversation you tool

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 07:22 PM
  #43
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
Actually he said take hid head off. And if you seen any of the other posts you would understand the conversation you tool
Hmmmmm.... lets see.....

this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flyers_
hopefully Gauthier or Hatcher put Afinogenov on his ***
that was responded to by this whiny little post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paille#1
And for you to hope that Hatcher or Gauthier puts him on his *** is pathetic. What you should do is respect the talents of Afinogenov just as you would expect respect for Gagne, or Forsberg, etc.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 09:21 PM
  #44
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
MojoJojo... don't bother. if someone is going to take umbrage at a figure of speech like "take his head off," it isn't even worth it. even if no one actually said it...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.