HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2012, 03:38 AM
  #76
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Just reading you guys talking about Fast being more shifty than... well... fast.

Would anybody liken his game to Sami Kapanen or Sergei Samsonov at all?

Cynical TyranT is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 05:57 AM
  #77
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Just reading you guys talking about Fast being more shifty than... well... fast.

Would anybody liken his game to Sami Kapanen or Sergei Samsonov at all?
Nah, I am not sure if I would say that he is more shifty than fast. His top speed is great and he is very good at keeping speed under his skates on the big ice. Or like in the WJC's that was played on small ice in NA.

If anything I would guess that he might not be as shifty as say Hagelin. IE that he isnt able to dart left and right after the puck in more caotic situations on the ice. On the big ice, it's easier to read the play and you can plan your skating a little more sonto speak, which probably is noticeble in how he moves.

Ola is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
  #78
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
When healthy, Fast has great speed. He's not shifty, per se, but he has a great nose for the puck. He's good at weaving his way through traffic to get to pucks, primarily because his anticipation for where the puck is going is superb.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 10:05 AM
  #79
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
For the life of me I'll never understand how Thomas keeps drawing comparisons to Nigel Dawes. Other than the fact that they're both undersized, they have very little in common. Dawes was afraid of the dirty areas, had the hockey IQ of a grapefruit, and skated like my Grandmother. Thomas has great wheels, fantastic hockey sense, and is always in the middle of the play.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 10:07 AM
  #80
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
I think Thomas is much better than Dawes, and I don't think he's afraid of high traffic areas . . . but, unlike the most successful players of his body type, he doesn't seem to be as good at creating space for himself in those areas. It's not for fear or lack of effort, however. When he has even a little time, however, he's a dangerous offensive player.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 10:16 AM
  #81
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
I think Thomas takes a couple of years in the AHL and then becomes a NHL player. He just needs time to develop physically. Dawes was physically mature in Juniors which helped him A LOT. Thomas still is not.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
07-15-2012, 06:26 PM
  #82
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Some good stuff on McIlrath, St. Croix, and McColgan. Thought it was worth posting here.


http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2012-ar...ivefyre_thread

TheRightWay is offline  
Old
07-15-2012, 08:49 PM
  #83
LordsCup*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Someone should start a new prospect poll rankings . We have a bunch of new prospects to add from the draft.

I would but it wont let me create polls yet

LordsCup* is offline  
Old
07-16-2012, 09:30 AM
  #84
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Some good stuff on McIlrath, St. Croix, and McColgan. Thought it was worth posting here.


http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2012-ar...ivefyre_thread
Interesting take. The comparison between MSC and Briere is a good one, IMO.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
07-16-2012, 08:41 PM
  #85
LordsCup*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Interesting take. The comparison between MSC and Briere is a good one, IMO.
Yea, ive heard that one before, i dont fully agree since Danny goes in the dirty spots more often but man, if MSC turns into half the player of Briere i would be thrilled.

They do have some similarities though.

LordsCup* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
  #86
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,889
vCash: 500
Brady Skjei will wear #2 at Minnesota

Quote:
Freshmen numbers at U: The Reillys: Mike 5, Ryan 9, Connor 21; goalies: Wilcox 32, LaPrade 31; d-man: Skjei 2, fwds: Horn 18, Michaelson 15
https://twitter.com/RomanStrib/statu...20956566978560

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 08:48 AM
  #87
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,107
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Someone should start a new prospect poll rankings . We have a bunch of new prospects to add from the draft.

I would but it wont let me create polls yet
We have people who will start it. Don't worry. You are new here -- let stuff like that be handled by the people that do it every year. It'll be up soon, I'm sure.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 08:56 AM
  #88
LordsCup*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
We have people who will start it. Don't worry. You are new here -- let stuff like that be handled by the people that do it every year. It'll be up soon, I'm sure.
It was just a suggestion. Sorry if im new, it just took me longer to find out about this great site that has a ton of knowledgeable posters that i can talk hockey with.

LordsCup* is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 08:58 AM
  #89
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,107
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
It was just a suggestion. Sorry if im new, it just took me longer to find out about this great site that has a ton of knowledgeable posters that i can talk hockey with.
Oh, I hear you. But don't worry about stuff like that. We got all that covered, man. I'm sure we will be starting it sometime in August.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 09:38 AM
  #90
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,821
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Oh, I hear you. But don't worry about stuff like that. We got all that covered, man. I'm sure we will be starting it sometime in August.
Something like this to choose from I presume:

FORWARDS
  • Chris Kreider
  • JT Miller
  • Jesper Fast
  • Christian Thomas
  • Oscar Lindberg
  • Boo Nieves
  • Michael St Croix
  • Steven Fogarty
  • Shane McColgan
  • Marek Hrivik
  • Andrew Yogan
  • Kyle Jean
  • Ryan Bourque
  • Thomas Spelling
  • Jason Wilson
  • David Kveton
  • Lukas Zeliska

DEFENSE
  • Tim Erixon
  • Dylan McIlrath
  • Brady Skjei
  • Calle Andersson
  • Blake Parlett
  • Mikhail Pashnin
  • Peter Ceresnak
  • Samuel Noreau
  • Jyri Niemi

GOALIES
  • Scott Stajcer
  • Jason Missiaen

25 years old this year
  • Cameron Talbot
  • Mats Zucarello
  • Pavel Valentenko
  • Casey Wellman

GRADUATED
  • Ryan McDonaugh
  • Carl Hagelin

Left organisation
JAM

BBKers is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 11:53 AM
  #91
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brady Skjei will wear #2 at Minnesota



https://twitter.com/RomanStrib/statu...20956566978560
Queue the "Next Brian Leetch?" threads

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 04:37 PM
  #92
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
HF NYR Draft Review:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...2-draft-review

Pretty good read. I like what I hear, especially about Calle Anderson and Spelling. Also interesting to hear they were trying to trade up to draft a goalie.

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 01:57 PM
  #93
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,963
vCash: 500
Wonder what kind of chance Chad Kolarik will have to crack the bottom-6 out of training camp this year.

Probably not so high since he didn't play a single game last season, but we know Torts was happy with his game back in 10/11 when he played 4 games for the Rangers. I can't find the exact quote but I believe Torts said something along the lines of that the puck seems to find Kolarik when he's on the ice.

silverfish is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 03:43 PM
  #94
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,736
vCash: 500
Glad to hear that Leslie likes Skjei's shot. I remember that being something that there was some question about around draft day.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 04:02 PM
  #95
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Wonder what kind of chance Chad Kolarik will have to crack the bottom-6 out of training camp this year.

Probably not so high since he didn't play a single game last season, but we know Torts was happy with his game back in 10/11 when he played 4 games for the Rangers. I can't find the exact quote but I believe Torts said something along the lines of that the puck seems to find Kolarik when he's on the ice.
I was pretty high on Kolarik in 10/11, his injury last year was terrible. He would have been a regular for the Rangers last year when you think about all of the injuries and Eminger and Bickel playing forward. I just hope he can regain his form because I think he can push fr a spot if he comes back looking like he did late in the year.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 06:17 PM
  #96
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,821
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I was pretty high on Kolarik in 10/11, his injury last year was terrible. He would have been a regular for the Rangers last year when you think about all of the injuries and Eminger and Bickel playing forward. I just hope he can regain his form because I think he can push fr a spot if he comes back looking like he did late in the year.
He got a smoking gun wife - Kylee Botterman

BBKers is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 08:00 PM
  #97
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
HF NYR Draft Review:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...2-draft-review

Pretty good read. I like what I hear, especially about Calle Anderson and Spelling. Also interesting to hear they were trying to trade up to draft a goalie.
Spelling is interesting. He could make some noise in the future. Good size at 6'2, but he still moves really well. He also got a really good shot and is hard to catch for Ds one on one.

There is only one way to describe him, he is a poor mans Anze Kopitar. Like a top 15 talent in a draft (while Kopitar maybe was a top 5 talent), but who just have not been given as good chance to develop as his peers coming out of Denmark (Kopitar coming from Slovenia). Kopitar went to Sweden when he was 16 y/o, Spelling will be 19 and so forth.

Ola is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 11:00 PM
  #98
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Spelling is interesting. He could make some noise in the future. Good size at 6'2, but he still moves really well. He also got a really good shot and is hard to catch for Ds one on one.

There is only one way to describe him, he is a poor mans Anze Kopitar. Like a top 15 talent in a draft (while Kopitar maybe was a top 5 talent), but who just have not been given as good chance to develop as his peers coming out of Denmark (Kopitar coming from Slovenia). Kopitar went to Sweden when he was 16 y/o, Spelling will be 19 and so forth.
Maybe I misread this, but that sounds a hell of a lot more then "interesting".

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 05:52 PM
  #99
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,889
vCash: 500
Grant Sonier organization rankings

Quote:
13. New York Rangers (Previous Ranking: 15)
Rangers fans have already gotten a taste of their prospect depth in the form of winger Chris Kreider (Boston College-NCAA), who joined the club after his college season and made a huge impression during the playoffs. Fellow forwards J.T. Miller (Plymouth-OHL) and Christian Thomas (Oshawa-OHL), along with 2012 first-round D Brady Skjei (Minnesota-NCAA) and rugged 2010 first-round pick Dylan McIlrath (Moose Jaw-WHL/Connecticut-AHL), give the Blueshirts plenty of promise for the future, though McIlrath suffered a dislocated knee cap during the Rangers' recent prospect camp.

Sleeper Prospect: Samuel Noreau, D, (Baie Comeau-QMJHL) (fifth round/2011)
Already deep on the blue line, the Rangers could have another D-man waiting in the wings. Noreau has skill to go along with elite size and big-time toughness. These guys find a way over time to make a roster.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...s-leap-forward

NJ is #27. Philly is #28.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 08:00 PM
  #100
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
When is team USA WJC camp?

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.