HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 11:57 PM
  #126
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,137
vCash: 500
wow wow this is interesting.

He will still be the Canadian golden boy captain, yet Ovechkin is the bad Russian captain.

Also, you gotta wonder how this effects Carlsons contract. GMGM can't take the risk Holmgren decides hes already done it once and will do it again.


Last edited by SimplySensational: 07-19-2012 at 12:02 AM.
SimplySensational is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:08 AM
  #127
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
wow wow this is interesting.

He will still be the Canadian golden boy captain, yet Ovechkin is the bad Russian captain.

Also, you gotta wonder how this effects Carlsons contract. GMGM can't take the risk Holmgren decides hes already done it once and will do it again.
A) Since when is he the "Canadian Golden Boy"

B) Your 2nd statement about Carlson is ridiculous and I can't find the words to respond to it.


I find it interesting that Nashville was looking to trade Weber... bold prediction... he's not in Nashville next season... because he was matched, and traded.

Carlzner is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:14 AM
  #128
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
A) Since when is he the "Canadian Golden Boy"

B) Your 2nd statement about Carlson is ridiculous and I can't find the words to respond to it.


I find it interesting that Nashville was looking to trade Weber... bold prediction... he's not in Nashville next season... because he was matched, and traded.
Well he seems to be the top of everyones lists for best defense man, never gets called out for bad playoff performances.

What I'm saying is, the risk is there is it not. Holmgren went guns a blazing already, the risk is there, I'm not saying its gonna happen, but an risk averse GMGM shouldn't take any risk and just give Carlson his contract before any other GMs get funny ideas too.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:15 AM
  #129
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 13,528
vCash: 500
And suddenly next years free agent class is boring as well.

Mystlyfe is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:15 AM
  #130
amjay13
Registered User
 
amjay13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
A) Since when is he the "Canadian Golden Boy"

B) Your 2nd statement about Carlson is ridiculous and I can't find the words to respond to it.


I find it interesting that Nashville was looking to trade Weber... bold prediction... he's not in Nashville next season... because he was matched, and traded.
If they match, he can't be traded for a year.

amjay13 is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:18 AM
  #131
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
And suddenly next years free agent class is boring as well.
Perry Getzlaf will be more interesting with teams pulling Holmgren like moves to try and get both.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:27 AM
  #132
amjay13
Registered User
 
amjay13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,514
vCash: 500
I wish Ted and George had a sack as big as Holmgren and Snyder. Those guys are not afraid to make drastic moves to improve their team.

amjay13 is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:31 AM
  #133
thewhiteguy1
Registered User
 
thewhiteguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Country: Canada
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman25 View Post
Well, I think the preds will match that...
doubt it. 7+ mil a year and he agreed to the offer sheet? he wants out. NHL version of the Knicks and Lin

next year = Webersanity

thewhiteguy1 is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:39 AM
  #134
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 13,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
I wish Ted and George had a sack as big as Holmgren and Snyder. Those guys are not afraid to make drastic moves to improve their team.
Because those drastic moves have won Philadelphia so many cups?

Mystlyfe is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:41 AM
  #135
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
This is nuts.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:42 AM
  #136
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:44 AM
  #137
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,935
vCash: 500
If the Preds match, I think this is the beginning of the end for Holmgren.

He'll have killed any chance of Weber every playing for the Flyers and he's not going to have much good faith among other GMs.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:48 AM
  #138
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 13,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
If the Preds match, I think this is the beginning of the end for Holmgren.

He'll have killed any chance of Weber every playing for the Flyers and he's not going to have much good faith among other GMs.
Wasn't everyone saying that he wasn't going to have any good faith among players since he keeps trading them after they sign long deals with NTCs? And that nobody would sign long term with Philadelphia because of that?

That hasn't exactly worked out like predicted.

Mystlyfe is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:50 AM
  #139
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
I'm trying to go back to bed. More info coming in. Philly, NYR, Detroit and San Jose were big players in Weber trade scenarios.
Detroit being in there makes me think they don't match.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Wasn't everyone saying that he wasn't going to have any good faith among players since he keeps trading them after they sign long deals with NTCs? And that nobody would sign long term with Philadelphia because of that?

That hasn't exactly worked out like predicted.
I doubt Weber would sign a offer sheet without a NMC.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:50 AM
  #140
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Wasn't everyone saying that he wasn't going to have any good faith among players since he keeps trading them after they sign long deals with NTCs? And that nobody would sign long term with Philadelphia because of that?

That hasn't exactly worked out like predicted.
How much good faith did Lowe have with GMs after the Vanek deal?

This was apparently spurred by Holmgren losing patience with Nashville negotiating a trade.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:51 AM
  #141
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
I feel bad for Poile, and Trotz. The contract is probably front-loaded to a point Nashville may not be able to match. I don't know how the team is supposed to compete next year if they do lose Weber.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:55 AM
  #142
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
The front-loading and bonuses will be what could scare Nashville off. The average caphit is not much more than Green's and the caphit at backend of the contract is not going to really affect the Preds.

No one with a brain would compare it to Carlson and the Caps.

Brad Tolliver is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:02 AM
  #143
sunnydaycrash
Registered User
 
sunnydaycrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
The front-loading and bonuses will be what could scare Nashville off. The average caphit is not much more than Green's and the caphit at backend of the contract is not going to really affect the Preds.

No one with a brain would compare it to Carlson and the Caps.
Agreed but I bet Carlson is signed in the next few days !

sunnydaycrash is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:07 AM
  #144
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
The front-loading and bonuses will be what could scare Nashville off. The average caphit is not much more than Green's and the caphit at backend of the contract is not going to really affect the Preds.

No one with a brain would compare it to Carlson and the Caps.
Its funny people present this idea that GMGM has a big say in the coaching decisions because of what BB said.

What if Carlson knows that he does and notices how in a contract year when the PP was sucking in early December and he as on a mad point streak, still couldn't get PP1 time with Green out.

Carlson had 24 ESP, Weber had 25.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:17 AM
  #145
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,935
vCash: 500
Assuming the deal is front-loaded (which is most certainly is), the maximum for one year that it could pay Weber would be $14M.

If Nashville could afford to pay Suter+Weber $15M+, they can afford to pay Weber+and ELC defensman $15M.

I'd be very surprised if it isn't matched.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:24 AM
  #146
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,137
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...230317&page=26

Pens fans misery. Enjoy it.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:32 AM
  #147
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Assuming the deal is front-loaded (which is most certainly is), the maximum for one year that it could pay Weber would be $14M.

If Nashville could afford to pay Suter+Weber $15M+, they can afford to pay Weber+and ELC defensman $15M.

I'd be very surprised if it isn't matched.
By "year" you mean season, right? I would think there'll be a signing bonus now, a high first-year salary, and then another bonus a year from now. The money they pay out in the next calendar year could be ridiculous. Aren't Parise and Suter getting $24M in that time?
Dreger:
Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Its going to be fascinating to see financial terms of Weber's offer sheet. Hearing in one calendar year, he could make $26 mil.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:32 AM
  #148
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Assuming the deal is front-loaded (which is most certainly is), the maximum for one year that it could pay Weber would be $14M.

If Nashville could afford to pay Suter+Weber $15M+, they can afford to pay Weber+and ELC defensman $15M.

I'd be very surprised if it isn't matched.
It's OK, according to the genius GMs here the Flyers already have an offersheet with a $15mil+ caphit for Carlson that the Caps couldn't possibly match, something about ES points.

I mean, Green just got $6mil+ per year for 4 ES points.

Brad Tolliver is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:38 AM
  #149
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
By "year" you mean season, right? I would think there'll be a signing bonus now, a high first-year salary, and then another bonus a year from now. The money they pay out in the next calendar year could be ridiculous. Aren't Parise and Suter getting $24M in that time?
Hey brah, just leave the finance mumbo jumbo to mom and dad.

For Parise and Suter, they are getting $12mil base salary +w/ $10mil signing bonus each of the first two seasons. Then it's $11mil w/ $5mil for the third season. The signing bonus will be the interesting part.


Last edited by Brad Tolliver: 07-19-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Brad Tolliver is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 02:18 AM
  #150
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Looks like Poile will lose another stud defenseman to an offer sheet, except this time as GM with another organization.

IafrateOvie34 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.