HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-sj

Old
07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
The desperation at which Rangers fans will go is starting to grate on me.

Not trading three young assets that will be around for the next 10-15 years for a guy that may be retired in 3 no matter how good he may be today.

He doesn't address our defeciency up front, and as much as I would like our PP to work, I do not believe he improves it enough to fix the Rangers scoring woes.

Age for youth rarely works out. As Rangers fans, you should know better.

No to Dan Boyle.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 04:58 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Yes he is. Came into the league as a center, most of his time has been spent as a center, particularly a lot of time as the second line center. Only with the addition of Richards as 1C, Stepan as 2C, it was thought Dubinsky is to valuable of a top 6 player to make 3C especially with Anisimov as 3C, so they moved him to left wing.
He was moved to LW because his play is better suited for the wing. As smoneil said, that was way before Richards or Stepan.

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:15 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
In reality, history disagrees with your assertion that the power play is solely coach-based. A coaching strategy change is not going to turn a 23rd ranked power play into a top ten one on its own. It will be accompanied by personnel changes as well and the Rags may not need Boyle but their power play would definitely improve with him over anyone on that roster and by a good amount too.
Then why was it that when Ales Kotalik came to the Rangers for the first 2 months or so, the Rangers had far and away the best power play in the league?

It's the coaching. Teams didn't know what to do with them having Kotalik rip one timers, then they started cheating towards him and Tortarella never made an adjustment putting another point man that could rip a one timer.

I'm telling you a coaching strategy WILL change their fortures. Maybe not from 23rd to top-10, but 23rd to 11-15? Or just out of the bottom 3rd of the NHL? Absolutely. That's all that this team needs, honestly.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:49 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He was moved to LW because his play is better suited for the wing. As smoneil said, that was way before Richards or Stepan.
agreed.

Dubi has spent the past 2+ seasons playing LW.

His best season came as a LW'er.

Center is to cerebral for him. By no means is he a stupid player, but when he doesn't have to think the game he's better off and playing wing allows him to just play and not think to much.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Then why was it that when Ales Kotalik came to the Rangers for the first 2 months or so, the Rangers had far and away the best power play in the league?

It's the coaching. Teams didn't know what to do with them having Kotalik rip one timers, then they started cheating towards him and Tortarella never made an adjustment putting another point man that could rip a one timer.

I'm telling you a coaching strategy WILL change their fortures. Maybe not from 23rd to top-10, but 23rd to 11-15? Or just out of the bottom 3rd of the NHL? Absolutely. That's all that this team needs, honestly.
I can agree with this because you're not going to turn it completely around just based on the coaches. If that's all you want, that's fine. But getting a guy like Boyle combined with some coaching changes can make that next jump from 11-15 to 1-5. That's all I was saying.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote