HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jagr Prosposal

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 06:24 AM
st_roland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Have you really looked at Washington's roster this year? How can you say their problem is not talent? Look at the roster and the number of none NHL players on this team!!

Defense: Gruden(ahl), Berry(ahl), Kwiatkowski(ahl), Doig(marginal NHL at best), Eminger(19 year old not ready for the NHL just yet, ahl). That's 5 of the 7 defensemen.

Forwards: Pettinger(rookie), Gordon(19 year old rookie-ahl), Peat(ahl),
Battaglia(ahl), Sutherby(ahl-would be farmed if the caps had any options), Willsie(ahl), Semin(19 year old not ready yet/europe), Ciernik(ahl), Miller(marginal nhl). Semin and Ciernik on the 2nd line, Miller and Sutherby on the 3rd line and Pettinger-Gordon-Peat on the 4th line in the last Capitals game. Zubrus and Grier are the only legit NHL players on 3 of the 4 Caps lines.

How can you say the Caps problem is not talent!!! The Capitals are Lang, Jagr, Bondra, Zubrus, Grier, Gonchar, and Witt, 7 NHL skaters, and 11 minor leaguers in front of Olie Kolzig every night. They look more like a preseason split squad roster than they look like an NHL team.

Lang is 1 point off the league lead in scoring. Lang, Jagr and Gonchar are in the top 10 in scoring. Bondra is in the top 10 in goals. Gonchar leads all defensemen in scoring by a mile. He has 33% more points than the 2nd high scoring defenseman.

You can blame the Capitals stars if you want to, but the facts are that the Caps have an All star NHL power play on an AHL team. or had you not noticed that yet?

Err...I think semin, pettinger, and gordon would have roster spots on a lot of NHL teams. Thats 8, add Nylander when he comes back and ya got 9. Plus we're actually getting back one of the grittiest skilled guys out there, and getting rid of Jagr. The guy doesn't want to be here. What kind of effect do you think that has on a club?? The problem isn't our forwards anyhow, its our defense. If i'm GMGM, i do this deal in a heartbeat.

Old
12-02-2003, 07:20 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
Err...I think semin, pettinger, and gordon would have roster spots on a lot of NHL teams. Thats 8, add Nylander when he comes back and ya got 9. Plus we're actually getting back one of the grittiest skilled guys out there, and getting rid of Jagr. The guy doesn't want to be here. What kind of effect do you think that has on a club?? The problem isn't our forwards anyhow, its our defense. If i'm GMGM, i do this deal in a heartbeat.
I am not against trading jagr. I am for it, hoping that at least a small amount of the savings can go to hiring one NHL caliber defenseman.

One the other hand Semin, Pettinger and Gordon might have roster spots on a lot of NHL teams? really? How do you mean that? Do you mean that each of them individually might make another NHL roster or do you mean that all 3 of them together might crack many NHL rosters?
That's 25% of your forwards are rookies? How many NHL rosters have 3 rookie forwards? Semin and Gordon started the season 19 years old. How many NHL rosters have two 19 year olds? Add Eminger and that's 3 19 year olds. How many NHL rosters have 3 19 year olds?

I think you couldn't be more wrong. I could see one of those 4 guys playing a minor role on most NHL teams. One 3rd pair defenseman or one 4th line forward.

The problems the defense. Correct. 2 NHL defensemen, 1 prized prospect, 1 3rd pair role player, and 2 AHL defensemen. That's pretty bad. Here is what is pitiful. When the 2nd line is on the ice for the Caps you get.....
Ciernik(ahl)-Zubrus-Miller(marginal)
Doig(marginal)-Kwiatkowski(ahl)

That's why they are losing. Thats the second line and second pair.

Closed Thread