HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to pounce on Nashville

Old
07-19-2012, 06:49 AM
HawksTillDeath

vCash: 500
Time to pounce on Nashville

if Nashville matches they are going to be extremely cash short especially in year 1

So now is when you go after one of their Other RFAs with a front loaded deal becaus they won't have the cash to accept

I'm talking about you Colin Wilson. You would be the solution for our 2nd line C needs

I know it's a boys league and teams don't like doing offer sheets To step on the toes of other teams

But Bowman. If you don't make this team better ASAP you wont be here in another year

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 06:59 AM
MagicSlap*

We can't. Weber was only possible due to it being only 1sts, we have no 2nd and 3rd due to Bowman's massive fail deadline acquisition.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:03 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
We can't. Weber was only possible due to it being only 1sts, we have no 2nd and 3rd due to Bowman's massive fail deadline acquisition.
Yep. He was determined to keep this team as mediocre as possible going into the 2012 season. Nice job, Stan.

MadhouseOnMadison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:12 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Then he's just gonna have to get his buddy Chevy on the phone work something out to get them back. This is a really solid idea, going after Wilson right now.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I don't believe in Offer Sheets. Need to overpay for those players.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:44 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
NEWSFLASH 95% of the players that sign a contract, UFA or RFA, are going to be overpaid. That's just how it works.

Old
07-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I look for the 5% that sign for reasonable prices and take less money than they could get.

Overpay for a player like Suter or Parise? yes
overpay for a player like Whitney or Jagr? no

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:40 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

How many times have the Hawks, as an organization, offer-sheeted anyone? Whether Chicago had it's 2013 2nd round pick or not, Bowman/the Hawks weren't going to be offer-sheeting anyone.

Why not simply trade for Wilson? That's about as likely to happen as the Hawks actually offer-sheeting anyone.

Mark McNeill+ for Colin Wilson .

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:41 AM
u2wojo

Yes in theory...you could get the picks back and make an offer. The reality is that historically offersheets rarely result in player movement (Gratton & Penner are the only ones in the last FIFTEEN years). Before deciding what they are going to do with Weber, the Preds are 29 million under the cap. They likely have some money to burn even if they match Weber to get themselves much over the cap floor.

Colin Wilson might be a good target for a trade in that the Preds are pretty loaded at center with Fisher, Legwand, Craig Smith, and Gaustad all under contract besides Wilson.

u2wojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:46 AM
u2wojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
How many times have the Hawks, as an organization, offer-sheeted anyone? Whether Chicago had it's 2013 2nd round pick or not, Bowman/the Hawks weren't going to be offer-sheeting anyone.

Why not simply trade for Wilson? That's about as likely to happen as the Hawks actually offer-sheeting anyone.

Mark McNeill+ for Colin Wilson .
Beat me to it while I was typing. If the Preds decide to take a half a step backwards and not match Webers offer (I would think only way they do that is getting Philly to agree to send some NHL players back in exchange for a few of the 1st rounders being returned), Hjalmmersson might be enough of a main piece to land a center from the Preds.

u2wojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
rick hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I tend to agree with that. You pay top money and are also peanlized draft picks.

rick hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:04 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
I tend to agree with that. You pay top money and are also peanlized draft picks.
No competition though. If the Hawks give the same offer to Parise when he was an RFA and front load the hell out of it, financially troubled Devils most likely pass.

Old
07-19-2012, 10:21 AM
rick hawk

Colin Wilson may are may not be the answer to the Hawks number two centre woes. Yes, he's young but so far he hasn't shown that he can outscore Bolland.

rick hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:26 AM
hawksfan50

The good news is that the Flyers cannot do this to the top RFA every single year...this means some other team IF it had the money ,was willing to overpay,sacrifice 4 first rounders,and either had the cap room or would treet its players like cattle and move them on a whim to make cap room for a "splash" (the flyers signature philosophy) -this means any team idiotic enough to adopt such a greedy and don't love your players because we'll get rid of them to acquire the next RFA or UFA to fit it all under our cap,can do the same --and assure that they willnever win the Cup..

The bad news is that if Nashville matches just on principle it will still have been beggared by an owner "partner" in the league...More likew a war among league owners than a league partnership and this along with the Suter={parise overpay coup of Leoplold --makes the owners CBA "we need more" stance so laughable as to dismissed entirely.

It ups the ante for other rich owmers the ones who can-- to be jealous if they want to protect their egos -or to be sane and just refrain from the noensense --build from within--and win more cups that way..

I do not think Rocky has an ego problem like Snider in PHI ...but there always willbe some other sucker trying to buy a Cup and put the squeeze on the small market teams --classic beggar they neighbour/partner --

Perfect justice would suggest that the Flyers get lucky with a draftee goalie who turns into the real deal saviour for them--THEN because they are stuck with big contracts and cap room problems when that kid turns RFA--some other team sticks it to them for a change and sends them right back in the goaltending woe-hell they would deserve..NO CUPS FOR YOU --YOU CHEESESTEAKS!

14 year contracts--$68 million signing bonuses paid early--this is obscenity and greed gone mad...

hawksfan50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Sevanston

So first people theorize that no one likes working with Bowman because he's not part of the "old boys" club. They say this is why he has such a hard time getting deals done.

Then we recommend that he goes directly against the rules of said club while one team is clearly in a weakened position.

How do you think that would affect his reputation around the league?

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:30 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
So first people theorize that no one likes working with Bowman because he's not part of the "old boys" club. They say this is why he has such a hard time getting deals done.

Then we recommend that he goes directly against the rules of said club while one team is clearly in a weakened position.

How do you think that would affect his reputation around the league?
About the same way it would affect OJ's if he killed someone else, minimal.

Old
07-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

If Nashville matches they will be strapped for the near future. If Philly get him they will not be able to sign the young talent on their team Ina couple years. It is a win/win for everyone else in the league.

Wasted Years is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Few things here.

1. Wilson was a healthy scratch for us in the playoffs. Not sure you want him as your #2C. Plus he plays wing for us now. Personally, I think Wilson is probably ready for 2nd line duties, but his defensive game is atrocious. And I trust Barry Trotz's judgement more than I trust mine.

2. Wilson is a very real possibility to get traded. If Weber is on the way out, I think something around Wilson and Hjalmarson could be a possibility.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Trade for 3rd back from Jets and pounce on Flyers not Preds

Voracek = 6 yrs / 4.5M cap hit (4.7M cap hit if needed)

Kid is gonna be another Hossa in longrun

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:35 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Trade for 3rd back from Jets and pounce on Flyers not Preds

Voracek = 6 yrs / 4.5M cap hit (4.7M cap hit if needed)

Kid is gonna be another Hossa in longrun
Let's not go nuts.

Old
07-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Let's not go nuts.
Kids defensive game continues to come along and his offensive game contines to develop

Also had a strong playoff and is only 22 yrs old (Turns 23 next month)

Would improve Hawks depth up front and be a key piece longterm for franchise

Old
07-19-2012, 11:40 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Kids defensive game continues to come along and his offensive game contines to develop

Also had a strong playoff and is only 22 yrs old (Turns 23 next month)

Would improve Hawks depth up front and be a key piece longterm for franchise
I'm in favor of acquiring him but I mean, Hossa, for me, is the gold standard for wingers and always will be. Voracek would have already showed a lot more if that was his actual upside.

Old
07-19-2012, 12:39 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2wojo View Post
Beat me to it while I was typing. If the Preds decide to take a half a step backwards and not match Webers offer (I would think only way they do that is getting Philly to agree to send some NHL players back in exchange for a few of the 1st rounders being returned), Hjalmmersson might be enough of a main piece to land a center from the Preds.
Holmgren is probably the least honorable man in the league (which helps him be a good GM, he's very willing to cut throats if he thinks it will make his team better). I wouldn't trust him to come through with any agreement that would send players back for those draft picks.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:45 PM
digdug41982

Hawks offersheeted Tkachuk, tried to sign Gratton (whole thing was a mess a I recall). Hawks have been above average in terms of being active with offersheets.

Old
07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Hawks offersheeted Tkachuk, tried to sign Gratton (whole thing was a mess a I recall). Hawks have been above average in terms of being active with offersheets.
I dont remember it too well but if I recall correctly it was a trade the Hawks had with Lightning

Moreau + other pieces would have gone there way