HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Sharks Nor Cal Sports Thread XVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 11:24 PM
  #276
Plowevelski
3 Rings, 5 Years.
 
Plowevelski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF Giants, Dynasty
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
No hockey and no interesting news. Looks like I'll be watching the Quakes game.

Plowevelski is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:03 AM
  #277
68 Z-28
Registered User
 
68 Z-28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Under the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Casilla needs to DIAF.

68 Z-28 is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:03 AM
  #278
Broomout
Registered User
 
Broomout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Time to give Romo a shot as the closer...?

Broomout is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:04 AM
  #279
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,987
vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomout View Post
Time to give Romo a shot as the closer...?
Hell no. Romo isn't closer material.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:06 AM
  #280
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 35,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomout View Post
Time to give Romo a shot as the closer...?
Nah. Pitchers slump too sometimes and Casilla's in one. He'll get out of it and there's no need to put other pitchers out of their normal spots to try and compensate for it because nobody is really more qualified anyway.

Pinkfloyd is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:08 AM
  #281
Broomout
Registered User
 
Broomout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Hell no. Romo isn't closer material.
I'm ready to see anyone get a shot at closing now

Broomout is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:17 AM
  #282
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 35,935
vCash: 500
Where the hell has that Brandon Crawford been?

Pinkfloyd is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:19 AM
  #283
Broomout
Registered User
 
Broomout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Where the hell has that Brandon Crawford been?
It's because we were complaining about him on the last page

Broomout is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:21 AM
  #284
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 35,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomout View Post
It's because we were complaining about him on the last page
I wouldn't complain about him if he was just halfway decent at the plate. But his mind for the box is just not that good.

Pinkfloyd is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:50 AM
  #285
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways
 
Oppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 500
Wondo the Danville* native was robbed

Oppa is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:51 AM
  #286
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
Wondo native was robbed
Yeah that sucked

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:11 AM
  #287
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways
 
Oppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 500
clean hip check by Dawkins

Oppa is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:12 AM
  #288
Plowevelski
3 Rings, 5 Years.
 
Plowevelski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF Giants, Dynasty
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
Yeah that sucked
It's about to suck worse

Plowevelski is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:13 AM
  #289
Plowevelski
3 Rings, 5 Years.
 
Plowevelski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF Giants, Dynasty
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
LOL nice choke on that whiff on the PK by Dallas. Phew.

Plowevelski is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:52 AM
  #290
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot
 
sharksohnoes!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,869
vCash: 500
Pathetic dive there at the end. Very minimal hip to hip contact.

sharksohnoes! is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 02:15 AM
  #291
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 21,845
vCash: 500
Quakes win. 13-4-4.

What a year.

Clowe Me is online now  
Old
07-19-2012, 02:24 AM
  #292
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 21,845
vCash: 500
And the A's win in walk-off fashion, again.

Ho hum.

Clowe Me is online now  
Old
07-19-2012, 02:27 AM
  #293
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: RIP Leonard Nimoy :(
Country: United States
Posts: 9,107
vCash: 270
And the Giants won. Good day for Bay Area sports.

SJSharksfan39 is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 02:31 AM
  #294
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 21,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
And the Giants won. Good day for Bay Area sports.
That was an entertaining game.

Clowe Me is online now  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:02 PM
  #295
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,936
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
And the A's win in walk-off fashion, again.

Ho hum.
2nd time this year a kid's first major league home run has been a walk off. The A's run so far has been eerily similar to the Giants in 10. I don't think they will have what it takes to go all the way, but it has been an incredibly exciting season to watch so far. Love seeing this kids play their hearts out.

Wedontneedroads is online now  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:13 PM
  #296
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
Pathetic dive there at the end. Very minimal hip to hip contact.

That's soccer for you. Something has to be done about the diving in that sport, it's pathetic.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:20 PM
  #297
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,936
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
That's soccer for you. Something has to be done about the diving in that sport, it's pathetic.
Same thing can be said about hockey and basketball. Not everyone dives, but the few that do ruin it for the rest.

Wedontneedroads is online now  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
  #298
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbelikewall View Post
Same thing can be said about hockey and basketball. Not everyone dives, but the few that do ruin it for the rest.

I agree, but there aren't just a "few" in soccer, it's the majority of players on the majority of fouls. And it's not just embellishment or falling down easily, it's rolling around on the ground for 30 seconds holding a body part that wasn't even hit. I played soccer all through college and LOVE the sport, but I can barely watch it anymore because of that garbage (and the fact the penalty kicks are still used to decide the outcome of championship games).

Tkachuk4MVP is online now  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:48 PM
  #299
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot
 
sharksohnoes!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
That's soccer for you. Something has to be done about the diving in that sport, it's pathetic.
Totally. The diving in the MLS is not nearly as blatant as European/Latin American leagues though.

Here's a great video of Chelsea at the Seahawk's training ground in Seattle. Great moment between on of the Seahawk players and Frank Lampard. They go up to each other and introduce themselves. Lampard is a legend all over the world, but in this moment, he's just some guy named Frank. Crazy how different sports worlds can be.


sharksohnoes! is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 01:57 PM
  #300
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,936
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
I agree, but there aren't just a "few" in soccer, it's the majority of players on the majority of fouls. And it's not just embellishment or falling down easily, it's rolling around on the ground for 30 seconds holding a body part that wasn't even hit. I played soccer all through college and LOVE the sport, but I can barely watch it anymore because of that garbage (and the fact the penalty kicks are still used to decide the outcome of championship games).
I have played soccer my whole life and played for my college as well, and I agree that diving is probably more prevalent in soccer that other sports, although basketball is making a serious push for the top spot (Yes I'm looking at you Dirk). However I disagree that it has gotten to the point where I can barely watch it anymore.

I am actually of the belief that we are currently watching some of the best soccer in the history of the sport. The current Spain squad has a serious argument for being the GOAT, and I'm pretty sure that Champions League final between Bayern and Chelsea is one of the top 5 ever if not the greatest. (I would say Liverpool vs AC, but I'm an AC fan )

Anyway, I think we both agree that diving really has no place in sports. I wish someone could come up with a way to eradicate it, but I just don't know how you can do it. These guys make so much money that fines won't work, and penalizing them too harshly in game doesn't appeal to me either. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I agree something needs to be done to stop the diving trend.

Wedontneedroads is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.