HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

STL/NYI (A bit of an odd proposal)

Old
07-18-2012, 01:44 PM
ManoliCupCrazy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Epic fail? You mean your tavares comment right?
The Tavares comment was sarcasm on my part bc the original post was so off base!

ManoliCupCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:47 PM
ManoliCupCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a disconnect between Alpine and StlBlues9. I don't think Alpine was talking about the original Strome Package when he made his comment. He was saying that if Tavares was offered we'd accept without hesitation, which is true. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Manoli's "Tavares better be coming back" comment was way too over the top, so that's what's throwing things off a bit...
My Tavares comment was sarcasm bc we would not Tarasenko for the package offered

ManoliCupCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:58 PM
blinkman360
Richard Harrow Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Is Tavares on a team that actually wins games? No? K... When your single player can elevate your team (that's on payroll budget) to the best defense in the league he's a franchise player.

When a forward can't even get your team over .500 you can call him whatever you want but don't pretend his value is accomplishing anything.

Tavares couldn't even score his way into a winning home record. Meanwhile look at the best GAA defense lead by Pietro's 30-6-5 home record and tell me you can't build around him.

See in reality a player like Pietro nullifies a "top 5 forward" in the playoffs but he has to make the playoffs for that to happen.

Guess they'll settle for marginal scoring on 4 lines though
So since John Tavares hasn't been able to carry the AHL Islanders on his back to the playoffs he must not be that good, right?

Do you think the Islanders last season with Petro and without Tavares are a playoff team? If so I would really love to try some of whatever you're smoking. Must be pretty potent stuff to produce a post this ridiculous.

Last edited by Kevin27nyi: 07-19-2012 at 12:30 AM.
blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:25 PM
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
I don't think you are correct. I'd hold my childish haha's though. Run along
Aww, run along..how dismissive. You honestly couldn't produce anything better? Look at it this way, I believe Petro is on his way to having a Lidstrom like existence and honestly, if you see Petro go down, things run way below par. I value him way more than a scoring center. I even said Tavares is world class, yet the simple minded have come to say..no wayz tavares score madd goals, he so worth moar than Pietrangelo ..u mad bro? Yeah! ..its a complete joke. Since your username is creeksidestrangler, how about you go choke on the truth.

Last edited by TimtheDJ84: 07-18-2012 at 03:35 PM.
TimtheDJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:35 PM
N o o d l e s

Deal offered in the OP is actually pretty solid. The Isles could use wings and the Blues need depth in the center slot. I think the sticking point may be the 1st rounders. While I do expect NYI to be a lot better this year, it's hard to see STL and NYI's 1st rounders this year having any sort of comparable value. Is the difference between Tarasenko and Strome big enough to justify the difference in value between the 2 1sts? We'd probably get different opinions on who's a more valuable prospect between STL and NYI fans.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:46 PM
blinkman360
Richard Harrow Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
Aww, run along..how dismissive. You honestly couldn't produce anything better? Look at it this way, I believe Petro is on his way to having a Lidstrom like existence and honestly, if you see Petro go down, things run way below par. I value him way more than a scoring center. I even said Tavares is world class, yet the simple minded have come to say..no wayz tavares score madd goals, he so worth moar than Pietrangelo ..u mad bro? Yeah! ..its a complete joke. Since your username is creeksidestrangler, how about you go choke on the truth.

Look at the amazing work Petro did on Tavares here.

Old
07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
If the Blues and Islanders wanted to swap forward prospects, Schwartz and Strome would make a lot more sense, at least from our end. Schwartz is still a better prospect, but not as much of a difference between Tarasenko and Strome.

You don't see many trades like this though.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:15 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post

Thats not fair, Tavares made a few Blues look stupid n that play, not just Petro.

I will say this, IMHO I would take Petro ahead of Doughty.....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:37 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:

Pietrangelo had absolutely nothing to do with that play developing into a scoring situation, and had no plausbile defensive options to choose from once it did.

This thread has strayed far, far off course.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:02 PM
stlblues9

Quote:

Look at the amazing work Petro did over the course of a season. Being the main guy on defense as a 22 year old on the best defensive team in the league.

One play means nothing.

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Corn Baller

Quote:

Tough to hang that one around Petro's neck. Oshie, on the other hand, better have bought a few people a beer after the game.

Corn Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
If the Blues and Islanders wanted to swap forward prospects, Schwartz and Strome would make a lot more sense, at least from our end. Schwartz is still a better prospect, but not as much of a difference between Tarasenko and Strome.

You don't see many trades like this though.
Well, Schwartz isn't necessity for Blues, but luxury - they have more than enough wingers. And he could be good winger for Tavares. And it's obvious that Schwartz for Strome is pretty possible, unlike trading Tarasenko.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:43 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Quote:

http://blues.nhl.com/club/boxscore.htm?id=2011020854

Look at the amazing work Petro did in this entire game.

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:21 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Well, Schwartz isn't necessity for Blues, but luxury - they have more than enough wingers. And he could be good winger for Tavares. And it's obvious that Schwartz for Strome is pretty possible, unlike trading Tarasenko.
McDonald might not return next season, which makes Schwartz very important to our future.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:04 PM
blinkman360
Richard Harrow Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Look at the amazing work Petro did over the course of a season. Being the main guy on defense as a 22 year old on the best defensive team in the league.

One play means nothing.
Listen, I actually am a huge Petro fan. I've posted before about how, right or wrong, I'd take him over any other defenseman in the NHL if given the choice. His combo of talent, production and potential is about as good as it gets.

That said, as an Islander fan who has had to deal with nothing but miserable hockey and bone head upper management over the last 20 years or so, I get very defensive over the one bright spot this organization and their fans have seen during that time period.

Like I said before though, if you are a Blues fan and would rather have Petro, I completely understand and respect that. But when I see unnecessary JT trash talk I guess I just see red.

Apologies.

Old
07-18-2012, 07:05 PM
underslept

Quote:

I'm convinced, Petro couldn't cover his man and stop a streaking Tavares, he clearly isn't very good...

If you don't have a point at least say something funny.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:20 PM
blinkman360
Richard Harrow Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
I'm convinced, Petro couldn't cover his man and stop a streaking Tavares, he clearly isn't very good...

If you don't have a point at least say something funny.
Lol watch his ankles snap on that last deke. What point is needed after video evidence of Tavares undressing your boy?

I guess its not as good as the point made before about how Tavares must not be that good since he didn't carry the Islanders to the playoffs.

I literally just gave Pietrangelo credit... why do you have to make me look bad?

Old
07-18-2012, 08:42 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Yeah so about Tarasenko for Strome...

No thanks good offer though

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:33 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
Listen, I actually am a huge Petro fan. I've posted before about how, right or wrong, I'd take him over any other defenseman in the NHL if given the choice. His combo of talent, production and potential is about as good as it gets.

That said, as an Islander fan who has had to deal with nothing but miserable hockey and bone head upper management over the last 20 years or so, I get very defensive over the one bright spot this organization and their fans have seen during that time period.

Like I said before though, if you are a Blues fan and would rather have Petro, I completely understand and respect that. But when I see unnecessary JT trash talk I guess I just see red.

Apologies.
I don't think anybody has been unnecessarily been trash talking JT. He's a star player and I understand why Isles fans wouldn't want him traded. He actually played for my hometown in the OHL, unfortunately it was at the end of his career but it was still nice to be able to see him play.

Pietrangelo suits St. Louis better though and JT probably suits NYI better, but there wouldn't be much adding from either side.

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:33 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Lol watch his ankles snap on that last deke. What point is needed after video evidence of Tavares undressing your boy?

I guess its not as good as the point made before about how Tavares must not be that good since he didn't carry the Islanders to the playoffs.

I literally just gave Pietrangelo credit... why do you have to make me look bad?
Saying Pietrangelo was "undressed" implies that Tavares was Pietrangelo's mark (he wasn't), that Pietrangelo was the reason why the scoring chance developed (he wasn't), and that Pietrangelo had a realistic chance of actually defending against Tavares in that situation (he didn't).

You want to "defend" Tavares. We get it. This is a really silly way to go about it.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 07-19-2012 at 02:20 AM.
EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:08 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
So, this is the thread where we add videos of nice goals?

HANDZ 57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Mike Liut

I wouldn't be surprised if Tarasenko ends up being as good as Taveres

Mike Liut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Tarasenko ends up being as good as Taveres
One also shouldn't be surprised if Petrov is eventually about as good as Tarasenko - or Strome. Due to his sticking to Kazan (for another two years primarily while his mother deathly ill), he remains solely a darkhorse prospect. The guy has game and already has a power forward body.

But these are things we're not going to see for a while...

As for the OP, I do not think it's a move that's favorable for particularly the Islanders.

In addition, the MAIN reason this team picked Strome ahead of several other very viable options last summer was because of his direct connection to and understanding with Tavares. Perhaps it shouldn't have been, but Strome is not being moved until this finds out if he's basically Jordan Eberle Part Deux, likely as a winger next to JT.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:04 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
So, this is the thread where we add videos of nice goals?
Love that video was actually at the game

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
One also shouldn't be surprised if Petrov is eventually about as good as Tarasenko - or Strome. Due to his sticking to Kazan (for another two years primarily while his mother deathly ill), he remains solely a darkhorse prospect. The guy has game and already has a power forward body.

But these are things we're not going to see for a while...

As for the OP, I do not think it's a move that's favorable for particularly the Islanders.

In addition, the MAIN reason this team picked Strome ahead of several other very viable options last summer was because of his direct connection to and understanding with Tavares. Perhaps it shouldn't have been, but Strome is not being moved until this finds out if he's basically Jordan Eberle Part Deux, likely as a winger next to JT.
Well, if you compare what Petrov and Tarasenko have done in the same league and their age... I think you should be surprised. And a lot. But Petrov will never be as good as Tarasenko. He's already much worse being almost 2 years older...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote