The 2012-2013 Boston Celtics Thread: Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
The most Mark Blount ever averaged in a season was 7.2, and that was in playing 30 minutes a game.
Ya I was wrong throwing out double figures but he didn't play huge minutes and was young so people projected 10 a game in starters minutes given his height (and it was his second spell in Boston so we thought dumping him the first time was a mistake and thus paid the man after that one year since he was a 7 footer and the 7.2 boards was respectable and he would have played more at the end of that first season back in Boston so probably averaged close to 10 the last 30 or so games of that year.)

Back to Humphries. Defend his NBA career pre October 2010 (when started dating Kim K.) Not very impressive is it? How are his playoff numbers (lots of DNP) the years Toronto made it? Doesn't look like they relied on him since he averaged 7 minutes a game (and played less the second time they made it.)

Kim Kardashian saved this guys career he is a bum.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:21 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Ya I was wrong throwing out double figures but he didn't play huge minutes and was young so people projected 10 a game in starters minutes given his height (and it was his second spell in Boston so we thought dumping him the first time was a mistake and thus paid the man after that one year since he was a 7 footer and the 7.2 boards was respectable and he would have played more at the end of that first season back in Boston so probably averaged close to 10 the last 30 or so games of that year.)

Back to Humphries. Defend his NBA career pre October 2010 (when started dating Kim K.) Not very impressive is it? How are his playoff numbers (lots of DNP) the years Toronto made it? Doesn't look like they relied on him since he averaged 7 minutes a game (and played less the second time they made it.)

He was a player that left University of Minnesota far too soon and took a bit to develop in the NBA. And once he finally got the chance to produce, he did.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:18 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:

So a bum finished tied for 4th in Rebounds Per Game last year ???? Why must you troll just about every thread you post in ???? Do you really need attention that badly ???? And how the hell does dating a faux celebrity help save a career ???? Anyway back to Humphries - while not a star player he is definitely a serviceable player that apparently quite a few teams ( including the Celtics ) are interested in signing.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
So a bum finished tied for 4th in Rebounds Per Game last year ???? Why must you troll just about every thread you post in ???? Do you really need attention that badly ???? And how the hell does dating a faux celebrity help save a career ???? Anyway back to Humphries - while not a star player he is definitely a serviceable player that apparently quite a few teams ( including the Celtics ) are interested in signing.
He had 10 career starts in the NBA before meeting Kim K (over 6 or 7 years.)

Fact. (Disprove it and shut me up.)

She was the more talented of the two when they were married and she got famous for having sex with a rapper on camera and leaking the tape (wow.)

People want to defend him because of his stats last year...well thats one of the worst teams in the history of the NBA (look back to how they were right before D Williams went there.) Like I said its not like the Celtics screwed up trading Marshon Brooks to them after the draft even though he put up 15 a game (unless you think Marshon could beat out JET for his spot this year.)

As for my trolling its the summer and were all on a message board of a team who doesn't play a game for 3 more months. I will apoligize for dominating the Celtics and Red Sox threads since my opinions shouldn't be all over them (sorry readers) but most of my posts are responding to people who have a problem with my views and talk condescendingly. (I don't have anything "controversial" to say about the Bruins unless liking Krejci counts.)

Old
07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
CDJ*

What it looks like you are arguing is that Kim Kardashian is responsible for Kris Humphries growth as a player? I am lost to say the least.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:13 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
What it looks like you are arguing is that Kim Kardashian is responsible for Kris Humphries growth as a player? I am lost to say the least.

Seriously. I guess every player that doesn't step in and become a starter after college is a bum? Damn, I should try to get with Paulina Gretzsky while she's still floating around the north shore, maybe I can grab the Celts vacant center position?

Humphries has been a role player his entire career. That doesn't make him a star, but it also doesn't make him irrelevant. I can give you countless examples, COUNTLESS examples, of players who didn't get a chance to start on their teams but got moved to a team where they can get the playing time they need to develop in games and their careers took off. Ya, the Nets don't have a ton of bigs to compete with Humphries, but how else was he going to get a chance to play, by developing in practice? Sometimes, players need game time to develop and build their skills, gasp! The fact that it was with the Nets doesn't matter, I can guarantee you that if he was given more of a chance in Utah to play regularly that he would have had the same development path. He wasn't, and had to bounce around to find consistent playing time. When he got it, he performed. Not much else you can ask for.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Gerald and Telfair weren't old enough to drink legally at the time of the trade. Both picked up NBA paychecks last year which shows the potential and talent they once displayed since each are absolute unquestionable "busts." But they were too young then to be considered such.

(A 2012 equivalent of Minny's return now would be the Sacramento Kings trading 3 young players Isaiah Thomas, either Jimmer Freddette/Donte Green and DaMarcus Cousins for a superstar. Thats about what they got at the time.)

Lamar Odom is a role player and wouldn't have a prayer at playing in the NBA again if he didn't have a pig ugly wife who was famous. Always overrated. Bynum was still unknown. Not sure where Farmar's reputation was in summer 07 he had a break out year around then he might have been the most valuable chip in that rumoured trade. And they got Gasol through Jerry West connections after all.

Would KG have gone to Memphis? No he'd have stayed in Minny.

If Cleveland and Toronto got stuff for Bosh and James it was retroactive (as in crap they are GONE.) Noone talks about the deals being sign and trades (if they officailly were made that after the fact) they opted out period.
You are a joke.

You come on here and talk about my "agenda", then you spout of so many things are in no way, shape, or form factual.

BTW...the 1st round picks that Cleveland obtained from Miami will be between the 2013 and 2017 drafts.

They traded the 2nd rd pick in this years draft, which they obtained from Miami in the James trade, to Dallas as part of their trade for Tyler Zeller.

They also have another 2nd rd pick as well coming their way.

I thought you would have known that, considering all the garbage your spewing in this thread.

Odom overrrated?

How many guys put up the numbers that he puts up, and can defend 4 positions on the floor?

Wait....sorry.....Rondo is a 15 ppg player who is the ultimate distribute first PG.

Oh wait....sorry. I already refuted your incorrect comments about Rajon Cousey....ooops. Rondo.

Later

Old
07-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Didn't start 10 games in the NBA until he met KK. Kim Kardashian made him. Its a fact. He was nothing before he met her and was headed out of the NBA fast.

Last two years anyone over 6-6 would have got 10 rebounds a game on NJ. He was lucky to get moved to the WORST team in NBA history RIGHT before he became a celebrity and this resulted in a full time job.

Marshon Brooks and Humphries wouldn't ahve seen the floor in any other NBA city last year but collectively scored 30 a game next to Deron Williams. You don't think there are over 1000 other basketball players who could do what they did on that team?

Was Mark Blount a good rebounder because he averaged double figures on a team with no other bigs?
That clearly shows that Deron Williams is a far better distributor that Rondo. If Williams can get 2 of the biggest scrubs in NBA history (at lkeast if we can believe what you say) to put up 30 points between them....he is absolutely better than Rondo.

Heck...Rondo played with 2 of the games greatest offensive legends....and Ray Allen. He has NEVER played with guys as bad as Humphries and Brooks!

And BTW....Blount was a HORRID rebounder. 2 seasons in his 9 season NBA career in which he averaged more than 4.8 rebounds.

Why do you think the C's couldnt wait to get rid of him? He is a 7 ft no-rebounding "big."

Later

Old
07-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:

Uh....go back to the drawing board bud.

Per 36 minutes....starters minutes...Blount NEVER averaged more than 8.8 in his NBA career. Most years his per 36 was in the mid 7's.

Back to the drawing board #2: After he was traded back to Boston by Denver, he played 27 games....he had more than 6 rebounds in 8 of those 27 games. The majority of those games saw him grabbing 3 to 4 rebounds.

Anything else?

Later

Old
07-12-2012, 10:08 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post
That clearly shows that Deron Williams is a far better distributor that Rondo. If Williams can get 2 of the biggest scrubs in NBA history (at lkeast if we can believe what you say) to put up 30 points between them....he is absolutely better than Rondo.

Heck...Rondo played with 2 of the games greatest offensive legends....and Ray Allen. He has NEVER played with guys as bad as Humphries and Brooks!

And BTW....Blount was a HORRID rebounder. 2 seasons in his 9 season NBA career in which he averaged more than 4.8 rebounds.

Why do you think the C's couldnt wait to get rid of him? He is a 7 ft no-rebounding "big."

Later
Of course he's a 7ft no rebounding big.

You made my point. He had a stretch of games with no other bigs around him where he had respectable rebounding numbers (this would probably be the Vin Baker era)...and since we had already dumped the guy once and he was 7feet we gave him a decent contract.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:12 AM
kman22

It seems like speculation at this point, but people have been discussing the possibility of a three team deal, that would allow the Celtics to get Jason Terry in a sign-and-trade, with Jose Calderon going to Dallas, and a combo of picks and players going to Toronto. Again, sounds like the people are speculating, but that'd be great. Then the Celtics would have the MLE back and could go after Courtney Lee or OJ Mayo.

Also, Marc Spears of Yahoo sports claims the Celtics are one of the frontrunners to sign Darko Milicic. Weird.

Old
07-16-2012, 06:43 AM
CDJ*

Good to see Wilcox back.

Now lets get Lee and call it an offseason.

Also, I wouldn't mind Donnie Darko. He is not a bad player. Just isn't as good as where he was drafted. He can block shots and snag some boards.

Old
07-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

Love when Jeff posts; all facts, no ********.

Old
07-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
It seems like speculation at this point, but people have been discussing the possibility of a three team deal, that would allow the Celtics to get Jason Terry in a sign-and-trade, with Jose Calderon going to Dallas, and a combo of picks and players going to Toronto. Again, sounds like the people are speculating, but that'd be great. Then the Celtics would have the MLE back and could go after Courtney Lee or OJ Mayo.

Also, Marc Spears of Yahoo sports claims the Celtics are one of the frontrunners to sign Darko Milicic. Weird.
Mayo agreed to terms with Dallas.

Milicic would be a very good fit in Boston. His strengths are what this team needs from the 5 spot. Should be a better version of Greg Steimsma. Boston is the perfect destination for him. The team has the need. The expected minutes per game are right where he is at his most effective. Lots of veteran leadership to help him maintain an effective focus and work ethic.

Old
07-17-2012, 12:55 AM
kman22

Quote:
Mayo agreed to terms with Dallas.

Milicic would be a very good fit in Boston. His strengths are what this team needs from the 5 spot. Should be a better version of Greg Steimsma. Boston is the perfect destination for him. The team has the need. The expected minutes per game are right where he is at his most effective. Lots of veteran leadership to help him maintain an effective focus and work ethic.
Haven't seen the terms for Mayo yet, but Phoenix backed out earlier today and the report said he wanted $8 million per, that was not even close to possible here. I guess it's Lee that they are after.

Old
07-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
Haven't seen the terms for Mayo yet, but Phoenix backed out earlier today and the report said he wanted $8 million per, that was not even close to possible here. I guess it's Lee that they are after.
I could live with either Milicic or Lee.

Both fill needs.

Lee is another combo guard like Terry. Plus, Lee is young and allows us to go into the post-KG/Pierce years in better shape.

Later

Old
07-17-2012, 01:17 AM
kman22

Quote:
I could live with either Milicic or Lee.

Both fill needs.

Lee is another combo guard like Terry. Plus, Lee is young and allows us to go into the post-KG/Pierce years in better shape.

Later
I'd imagine that Milicic will be at or near the veteran minimum, so they aren't mutually exclusive. Since they'd have to move some of the younger guys (JJJ, Moore, Williams) or some of their free agents to get Lee, they will have the roster space for both.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
CDJ*

Stiemsma to Minnesota. 1 year, 3 mill. We won't be able to match.

Milicic is looking awfully good right now.

Old
07-17-2012, 06:19 PM
kman22

Quote:
Stiemsma to Minnesota. 1 year, 3 mill. We won't be able to match.

Milicic is looking awfully good right now.
I wouldn't mind Milicic, but we do have Garnett, Wilcox, and Melo at center. So there is some depth. I don't know if Milicic can play PF, but if he could, that would make him more valuable to the Celtics.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:44 AM
N o o d l e s

Humpries just got 2y/24.0m from NJ.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:11 PM
CDJ*

We got Courtney Lee

Old
07-19-2012, 05:08 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

So barring any more deals this is what the Celtics roster should look like for this season:

PF - Brandon Bass, Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger
SF - Paul Pierce, Mikael Pietrus
C - Kevin Garnett, Fab Melo
PG - Rajon Rondo, Courtney Lee
SG - Avery Bradley, Jason Terry

I guess E'Twaun Moore, Kenyon Dooling and Kris Joseph will fight it out for the last roster spot.

Old
07-19-2012, 05:21 PM
CDJ*

Trade is in trouble

Old
07-19-2012, 08:06 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
We got Courtney Lee
Quote:
Trade is in trouble
CBS Sports is saying that the deal is done and that Houston will get JaJuan Johnson, E'Twaun Moore, Sean Williams and a future 2nd round pick. So now it looks like that final roster spot will be between Kenyon Dooling, Kris Joseph and Chris Wilcox.

Old
07-19-2012, 08:09 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
CBS Sports is saying that the deal is done and that Houston will get JaJuan Johnson, E'Twaun Moore, Sean Williams and a future 2nd round pick. So now it looks like that final roster spot will be between Kenyon Dooling, Kris Joseph and Chris Wilcox.
Wilcox gets it. Joseph and two more get the bench spots since it's 15.

Closed Thread