Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 12/13

Old
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
chsb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
20 year old.
This is a season where there is scarcity of top end Ds in the Q.

Micalef will be worth gold next Christmas.

Bad trade at this stage of the season.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:05 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post

I think trading your #1 goalie when your trying to contend is worse

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:10 PM
RJQuack

Quote:

Not worse than what LGM just did in "contending" year

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:

You don't seem to understand we had 4, 5 quality 20 years olds. Instead of losing 2 of them for nothing, we dealt Micallef for a very good 2nd round pick that can be used later to upgrade the team.

As I posted on another board, the Armada are still in tip-top shape and with the following lineup, would have a top-3 offense along with Ouellet on D and Marcoux in goal.

Clapperton-Paquette-Roy (this line has a lot of chemistry and dominated in the playoffs)
Hodhod-Tanguy-Matteau (Tanguy should post 80 pts and Matteau should wreck havoc round the league)
Giroux-Lebel-Jevpalovs (does anyone have a better 3rd line? seriously)
Aquin-Lavoie-Faust (solid experienced 4th line)

Ouellet-Picard
Marti-Berube
Hoyles-Bahl

Marcoux-Phaneuf

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Pretty good both ways IMO. Good addition and ok return considering he's a 92'
The trade in itself is alright for the Rocket but doesn't make sense in a re-building year, especially where the Rocket already have 4 overage players and one of them was acquired just last month.

Currie...local player and team captain, can't see him being traded
Duffy....their top player who should have been traded last season to help with that rebuild, can't see him being traded at the fall trading period
Werthner...was just acquired last month
Croteau... possible he could be moved/not returning

But either way if they move one of those 4 they still have 3 overage players and no need to spend assets to get Micalef. Don't get me wrong, I like Micalef and would trade for him in a heartbeat in a contending season but right now it doesn't make much sense for the Rocket in a non-contending season.

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
The trade in itself is alright for the Rocket but doesn't make sense in a re-building year, especially where the Rocket already have 4 overage players and one of them was acquired just last month.

Duffy....their top player who should have been traded last season to help with that rebuild, can't see him being traded at the fall trading period

But either way if they move one of those 4 they still have 3 overage players and no need to spend assets to get Micalef. Don't get me wrong, I like Micalef and would trade for him in a heartbeat in a contending season but right now it doesn't make much sense for the Rocket in a non-contending season.
Agreed.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:25 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

So Micalef to PEI ??

For a 2nd and a 6th ?

Pre cursor move for someone else...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:10 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Yes. Ryan - Andrews - Ashley say hello. Who is Jevpalovs?

Old
07-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Jevpalovs is a Latvian who was drafted in the Euro draft this past June.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:43 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
Jevpalovs is a Latvian who was drafted in the Euro draft this past June.
Do you know more about him ???

I think Hali has a much better top 6 though... Star power... BB need atleast one star, maybe 2.

Old
07-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post

I think Hali has a much better top 6 though... Star power... BB need atleast one star, maybe 2.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52417

Nikita Jevpalovs will not be on many fans’ radar on June 22. That is because the young Latvian was not even ranked in the NHL scouting report until January, when he made a big splash at the IIHF World Junior Championships.

Not even 18 years old, he is one of the youngest ranked players in this year’s draft. But don’t let that fool you. His rise up the list of top-ranked European prospects for this year’s NHL Draft is the result of a quickly maturing young man. He has skill, drive and hockey sense well beyond his years — something that has not gone unnoticed by scouts.

Given his age, Jevpalovs is the best of both worlds. He has the finesse of a European skater and the tenacity of a North American. He already possesses an amazing amount of leadership ability and talent and has only just begun his development. Combine that with a humble, positive and eager outlook, Jevpalovs just may be one of the draft’s dark horses.
(from the hockey goddesses site)

Old
07-19-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Jevpalovs should be able to contribute right away in the Q. He was Latvia's captain and best forward at the WJCs. He's a solid two-way player with good hands and skating ability.

I think Giroux and Lebel are just as good as the players you listed above... of course Jevpalovs is more or less a wildcard so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but it's close.

Quote:

I was talking 3rd line, not top-6. I know HAL has a great top-6.

Old
07-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:

I think Hali might have a chemistry problem this season. They have a couple major egos in that room now...too many "lead dogs"

Old
07-19-2012, 09:30 AM
CH4

Quote:

Micallef is grossly overrated I think.

Jérémie blain Mathieu Gagnon Mathieu Brisebois will worth gold at chrismass. They are all much superior to micallef

Quote:
I think trading your #1 goalie when your trying to contend is worse
difficult to argue this

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:39 AM
CH4

Quote:
You don't seem to understand we had 4, 5 quality 20 years olds. Instead of losing 2 of them for nothing, we dealt Micallef for a very good 2nd round pick that can be used later to upgrade the team.

As I posted on another board, the Armada are still in tip-top shape and with the following lineup, would have a top-3 offense along with Ouellet on D and Marcoux in goal.

Clapperton-Paquette-Roy (this line has a lot of chemistry and dominated in the playoffs)
Hodhod-Tanguy-Matteau (Tanguy should post 80 pts and Matteau should wreck havoc round the league)
Aquin-Lavoie-Faust (solid experienced 4th line)

Ouellet-Picard
Marti-Berube
Hoyles-Bahl

Marcoux-Phaneuf
if you want to contend you'll need much better overagers.

your biggest strengh vs Halifax & Québec was the superior def and that def just doesn't cut it. You definately would need another D stud plus your 2nd line is weak.

Old
07-19-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Micallef is grossly overrated I think.

Jérémie blain Mathieu Gagnon Mathieu Brisebois will worth gold at chrismass. They are all much superior to micallef
I'm not sure how much you've seen of Micallef lately but I would think most people would consider him in the same category as the overraged defensemen you just named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
if you want to contend you'll need much better overagers.

your biggest strengh vs Halifax & Québec was the superior def and that def just doesn't cut it. You definately would need another D stud plus your 2nd line is weak.
I agree that the defense needs to be improved, and that is why this move by Bouchard is very weird. My guess is he wants to audition the kids, see who can really cut it (Bahl, Berube, Hoyles, Gauthier) in this league, and make the needed moves at Christmas.

I think most here are underrating Boisbriand's current offense. We scored a lot of goals last season with much less talent and experience. BB finished 6th in GF and only had the 13th ranked PP.

That 2nd line is anything but weak. Tanguy had 20 pts in 11 playoff games playing with Pouliot on the 2nd line. Hodhod should have a decent season and Matteau should be a big addition. I'm not sure why that 2nd line would be considered weak.

Our 1st line combined for 40 pts in 33 games in the playoffs and were all rookies.

Our 3rd line is made of two 20 years olds and Jevpalovs. Grit, speed, leadership and skills. Giroux had 15 pts in 11 playoff games and Lebel had 42 pts last season.

Most teams will have a hard time having a better offense than that in September. Especially since most of those players are two-way threats and bring a lot of speed and intensity.

Old
07-19-2012, 10:24 AM

QUE Lefebvre, Shaw, Carrier
HAL Gillard, Abeltshauser, Fournier
BLB Tanguy, Lebel, Giroux

Only one of those players is ''elite'' and it's Lefebvre. If you're bashing BLB's overragers, you have to look at QUE's and HAL's as well.

Moncton and Bathurst have great 20s...

Old
07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
RJQuack

Quote:

Only one of those players is ''elite'' and it's Lefebvre. If you're bashing BLB's overragers, you have to look at QUE's and HAL's as well.

I don't think any are elite... Either that or KA is elite too. Lefebvre and Konrad have the same offensive output and I don't see anything spectacular by either one defensively that would put one ahead.... Jus' sayin

But out of the 5 teams listed above, BLB has the weakest 20's imo... But i'd take the team over Moncton or Bathurst.

Old
07-19-2012, 11:57 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post

Adds some competition to camp. Werthner only cost them a 9th round pick. Maybe they're planning on moving Duffy , I'm sure some teams have shown intrest.

Old
07-19-2012, 12:01 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Moncton OAs: Saulnier, Saulnier , Downe

Old
07-19-2012, 12:31 PM
CH4

Quote:
I'm not sure how much you've seen of Micallef lately but I would think most people would consider him in the same category as the overraged defensemen you just named.

I agree that the defense needs to be improved, and that is why this move by Bouchard is very weird. My guess is he wants to audition the kids, see who can really cut it (Bahl, Berube, Hoyles, Gauthier) in this league, and make the needed moves at Christmas.

I think most here are underrating Boisbriand's current offense. We scored a lot of goals last season with much less talent and experience. BB finished 6th in GF and only had the 13th ranked PP.

That 2nd line is anything but weak. Tanguy had 20 pts in 11 playoff games playing with Pouliot on the 2nd line. Hodhod should have a decent season and Matteau should be a big addition. I'm not sure why that 2nd line would be considered weak.

Our 1st line combined for 40 pts in 33 games in the playoffs and were all rookies.

Our 3rd line is made of two 20 years olds and Jevpalovs. Grit, speed, leadership and skills. Giroux had 15 pts in 11 playoff games and Lebel had 42 pts last season.

Most teams will have a hard time having a better offense than that in September. Especially since most of those players are two-way threats and bring a lot of speed and intensity.
compare your 2nd line to any other contender and it is really unproven and weak IMO

as for Micallef he had a very good season but still doesn't top a Brisebois or Blain IMO.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:09 PM
chsb

Quote:
I don't think any are elite... Either that or KA is elite too. Lefebvre and Konrad have the same offensive output and I don't see anything spectacular by either one defensively that would put one ahead.... Jus' sayin

But out of the 5 teams listed above, BLB has the weakest 20's imo... But i'd take the team over Moncton or Bathurst.
And they also have an average defense when removing Kolestnikov and Micalef....

I am not at all convinced that Clapperton/Paquette/Roy is a top line for a contender.
Don't get me wrong they will be good but will not be dominant.
A 2nd line of Hodbod/Tanguy/Matteau is underwhelming except for Tanguy who is good.
Giroux - Lebel - Jevpalovs
That could be a very good 3rd line depending on the Euro.....

My take on this team is that they will be in a close fight with VD and Gatieneau for top in their Division.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:49 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

People underrate Matteau on these boards. He will be a solid 2-way player next season.

Old
07-19-2012, 06:18 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
I think Hali might have a chemistry problem this season. They have a couple major egos in that room now...too many "lead dogs"
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but this post makes me facepalm and throw my hands up in confusion for days.

Anyways, do you live in all Q teams dressing rooms? Cause you've said these things about other players too. Or maybe you're Jonathan Drouin, and you hate MacKinnon? Seriously, what egos and lead dogs are there?! Drouin and Nate tore **** up and didn't look like they hated each other then... What's your problem with Brent Andrews and Trey Lewis, no faith in our captains?!

Oh boy.

Old
07-19-2012, 08:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but this post makes me facepalm and throw my hands up in confusion for days.

Anyways, do you live in all Q teams dressing rooms? Cause you've said these things about other players too. Or maybe you're Jonathan Drouin, and you hate MacKinnon? Seriously, what egos and lead dogs are there?! Drouin and Nate tore **** up and didn't look like they hated each other then... What's your problem with Brent Andrews and Trey Lewis, no faith in our captains?!

Oh boy.
Whoa calm down. Hockey Buff is a very good poster with no bias twords these players... Regarding LSL hockey he is the most informed poster on these boards toy knowledge...

I think he's talking about Ciampini... Who IMO is cocky... Not a bad guy but plays cocky, and Drouin loves to shine... It will be Intresting to see how he handles not being the star. Because no matter what he does. He's going to be overshadowed by Nate... A far cry from LSL AAA where he was the team... I think he was challenged last year, but this year he should dominate.