HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

University/College Questions Part IV

Old
06-19-2012, 12:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Hey guys can you go to university straigh from cegep if you haven't recieved your dep but you have all the courses that are pre reqs to that major.
You'd have to be away from full time study for 2 years and be 21 and you can apply as a mature student.

At about 19, I went to night school and did all my science classes and applied to engineering at 22 and got in without a DEC.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:40 AM
habscup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You'd have to be away from full time study for 2 years and be 21 and you can apply as a mature student.

At about 19, I went to night school and did all my science classes and applied to engineering at 22 and got in without a DEC.
Thanks!

habscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:58 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Hope you got to go back to lower field and take pictures. Congratulations!
Ya we went back to the campus to take pictures. I was just mad because I deferred winter convocation so that mine would be outdoors and it ended up still being indoors anyway.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:51 AM
guest1467

I doubt I will even go to my grad ceremony.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:39 PM
ClasslessGuy

Anybody studying in law at McGuill?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Is University of Western Ontario really out of reach for one not confident about getting into McGill? Or otherwise not very good for human resources or industrial relations? I mean, UWO made it into Playboy and at a higher rank than McGill's stint into Playboy's top party schools (UWO's 4th in 2012 vs. McGill's 10th in 2006) so I suppose UWO is no party slouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Uottawa
Really? UOttawa, a party school? Or is UOttawa just a good place for HR or IR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Dalhousie?
I knew Dalhousie was a party school capable to rival the likes of Iowa, West Virginia, Penn State or Ole Miss (i.e. the best party schools in the world) but what are Dalhousie's academic specialities?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:34 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
I'm tutoring a student that wants to attend a "party university" but, at the same time, wants a party university that still has some academic integrity. However, the student I'm tutoring doesn't feel confident he can get into McGill either, even though it fits all of his criteria. He wants to study industrial relations or human resources. Any suggestions?
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY! Definition of a party school, we go hard. Despite our rowdy reputation, a Bishop's degree is still well respected, our business program in particular. Our sciences are quite good as well (I'm a Health Sciences/History double major and rugby player). Seriously having the best time of my life here.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Really? UOttawa, a party school? Or is UOttawa just a good place for HR or IR?

I knew Dalhousie was a party school capable to rival the likes of Iowa, West Virginia, Penn State or Ole Miss (i.e. the best party schools in the world) but what are Dalhousie's academic specialities?

Ottawa is really not a party school. Like REALLY not a party school. I know a lot of people who go to Ottawa who are unhappy with it for that reason. Dalhousie is a good choice as Halifax is loads of fun. I think Dal has a good engineering program, but other than that I'm not sure.

As far as parties go, good choices are: BISHOP'S, St.FX, Western, McGill. I hear good things about Laurier and Dalhousie as well.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:09 PM
zoomzoom

has anyone taken comm 299m? if so, how is it?

zoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Tribu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY! Definition of a party school, we go hard. Despite our rowdy reputation, a Bishop's degree is still well respected, our business program in particular. Our sciences are quite good as well (I'm a Health Sciences/History double major and rugby player). Seriously having the best time of my life here.
Yeah I have lots of family in the Sherbrooke area and Bishop has a pretty bad reputation . My uncle didn't want to bring his daughters to the Sherbrooke- Bishops games because of the behavior of the Bishops fans. Back in the day, my father (francophone) used to date an Anglo from Bishop. He told me that the people there were pretty wild. Definately seems like a wild, party school.

Tribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:30 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
I heard people go to party at Bishops and return home changed forever.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

God, my POLI 204 final was 15 days ago and I'm still waiting for my final grade...there were only like 12 people in the class too. What's the hold up?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

Anyone in any of the following at JMSB:

Business Technology Management(BTM)/Management Information Systems(MIS)
Supply Chain Operations Management(SCOM)

I'm just curious about the structure of the courses, the career prospects and all. I can easily read about the possibilities and the courses themselves, but I'm curious about it from someone who is actually in the program. If it was difficult finding a job/internship and if the courses were crap or useful.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:42 PM
InglewoodJack

Guys I got accepted to Marketing at JMSB!

So... what are some classes I should take/teachers I should take? I really want to boost my GPA.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post

So... what are some classes I should take/teachers I should take? I really want to boost my GPA.
Take whatever fits into your schedule best? I mean, having the best teachers but being at school 12 hours per day due to breaks won't help.

Old
07-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:

Since you're just starting, you probably won't be taking any actual Marketing classes until year 2.

You've probably got a few deficiencies to do (maybe ECON, DESC?) and then you'll have BS classes like COMM 210, COMM 212 where you will want to fall asleep in class because its so boring.

it gets better though, and congrats on getting in. I'm in Marketing as well, and am going into year 3 so feel free to PM me anytime with questions...or just post them here!

And what LL said is pretty valid too. At this level of schooling, the grades you get are based solely on how you perform. Of course there's stuff like bell curves, but with about 3 hours a week of a given class, it's all about your self-learning habits. Teachers, IMO, are there to clear stuff up and answer questions. Take the best schedule - I've had some badly "rated" teachers on ratemyprofs, but still did well. Plus, as you go further into your schooling, you won't have any choice BUT to take a certain class with a certain teacher at a certain time (when you get to your MARK classes, you'll see).

But if you want easy electives...it begins with CHEM 208.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:06 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Since you're just starting, you probably won't be taking any actual Marketing classes until year 2.

You've probably got a few deficiencies to do (maybe ECON, DESC?) and then you'll have BS classes like COMM 210, COMM 212 where you will want to fall asleep in class because its so boring.

it gets better though, and congrats on getting in. I'm in Marketing as well, and am going into year 3 so feel free to PM me anytime with questions...or just post them here!

And what LL said is pretty valid too. At this level of schooling, the grades you get are based solely on how you perform. Of course there's stuff like bell curves, but with about 3 hours a week of a given class, it's all about your self-learning habits. Teachers, IMO, are there to clear stuff up and answer questions. Take the best schedule - I've had some badly "rated" teachers on ratemyprofs, but still did well. Plus, as you go further into your schooling, you won't have any choice BUT to take a certain class with a certain teacher at a certain time (when you get to your MARK classes, you'll see).

But if you want easy electives...it begins with CHEM 208.
I guess I should clarify...
I've already done a year in History, this is simply a program switch. I've done all the necessary math, DESC, ECON classes, including intro to marketing (MARK 201, It's COMM 221 or something for business students). And also, seeing as my schedule for the upcoming semester is history (I made it in case I didn't get in!), there's a few classes I need to switch in order to actually get the right courses. I'm just looking for easier classes to ease the transition from History, where I'm really good to Marketing, which isn't as second nature to me.

Old
07-19-2012, 07:02 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Anyone in here go to Trent U? I'm looking for someone who wants to meet up ad actually talk hockey!

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Prust Y U MAD Bruins*

I'm going to HEC Montreal next month ... How are the women there ? horny ?

Prust Y U MAD Bruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:11 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prust Y U MAD Bruins View Post
I'm going to HEC Montreal next month ... How are the women there ? horny ?
Yes. The entire school floats in a cloud of lust where the women are just throwing themselves at dudes.

C'mon, don't be an idiot.

Old
07-20-2012, 01:15 PM
guest1467

Hhahahahaha.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Yes. The entire school floats in a cloud of lust where the women are just throwing themselves at dudes.

C'mon, don't be an idiot.
Assuming he isn't, it was a hilarious post

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Adamcrazy3

Hey guys.. I am in Nada El-Hassan's section for COMM308 and she is not rated on ratemyprofessors.. Anyone who had her as a teacher at JMSB can give me some feedback please?

Adamcrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

School starts in less than a month.

JMSB are you ready?

Get ready for #YOFO (You Only Frosh Once) froshies. Gonna pop cherries this year, pop dem froshies' cherries.

http://frosh.casajmsb.ca/

This is how we do it:

Last edited by Jack Bourdain: 07-30-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:32 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoad View Post
Yeah I have lots of family in the Sherbrooke area and Bishop has a pretty bad reputation . My uncle didn't want to bring his daughters to the Sherbrooke- Bishops games because of the behavior of the Bishops fans. Back in the day, my father (francophone) used to date an Anglo from Bishop. He told me that the people there were pretty wild. Definately seems like a wild, party school.
One of our wide receivers wrote an article for the school website about how disappointed he was in the fans, how we don't go to support them, we just go and get hammered in the parking lot and come in in the second half. People just basically stopped showing up for games after that, the whole article was super condescending, why don't you try winning a game every once in a little while?

Lacrosse games are a party, and the players love it, always posting statuses for us to show up and get rowdy. They have their own DJ and they play party music between plays. That's how you get fans on your side, that and winning the national championship!

I play rugby, and it's less of a party, but we do encourage people to come drink and have a good time, we love the support, so I don't know where football gets off complaining about us getting rowdy at their games.