HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2012, 09:17 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
I made this the first prospects thread for the upcoming season. Please take a look at the first post and let me know if you see any errors or omissions. Again, this is guys that aren't playing professional hockey in North America, so anyone that's likely going to be in Hartford or Greenville wouldn't be listed in this thread.

Thanks, can't wait for the season.

It's just pain.
Old
07-20-2012, 08:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
When is team USA WJC camp?
August 4-11

Old
07-20-2012, 09:11 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
August 4-11
Thank you

07-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Maybe I misread this, but that sounds a hell of a lot more then "interesting".
It was a bit ambiguous, I ment a top 15 in a draft-talent in the sense that he is the type "talent" you normally get like in the mid 1st round. Good size. Natural skater. Smooth and fast. And who offensively has put it all together. Like he isn't like Boedker or Pääjärvi-Svensson who got a ton of talent, but who isn't really defined offensively.

Its very rare that you get a talent like this, as late as we did.

But at the same time, there is of course big reasons to expect Spelling to face alot of adversity in the coming years. He will need to adjust alot to go to the SEL. Then as much as again when going to the AHL. And to the NHL.

But still a very interesting pick considering where he was taken.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
An interview on The New York Rangers Blog with Steven Fogarty. Some cool stuff. If can become anything like Patrice Bergeron that would be incredible!

http://nyrangersblog.com/2012-articl...n-fogarty.html

Old
07-27-2012, 08:32 AM
allrevvedup25

Has anyone heard anything on Danny Hobbs?? Did he sign??

Old
07-27-2012, 09:23 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
An interview on The New York Rangers Blog with Steven Fogarty. Some cool stuff. If can become anything like Patrice Bergeron that would be incredible!

Good interview with Fogarty. He is an interesting prospect. Sounds like he is invited to the WJ camp, I didn't realize that, very cool.

Last edited by N9Y4R: 07-29-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I made this the first prospects thread for the upcoming season. Please take a look at the first post and let me know if you see any errors or omissions. Again, this is guys that aren't playing professional hockey in North America, so anyone that's likely going to be in Hartford or Greenville wouldn't be listed in this thread.

Thanks, can't wait for the season.
Probably just nitpicking here but what about Zucc's since he's still technically Rangers property?

Old
07-27-2012, 11:34 AM
SnowblindNYR

I feel like I may have asked a while back, but since a lot of people think he can become our 3rd line C. What do you guys think of Miller? I read people write that he can become Dubinsky. Which one the frustrating one from last year, the one from 10-11, or somewhere in between? I read that he's a good playmaker is that really the case? He has to be a better option than Boyle. I feel like unless he's absolutely not ready, he can bring more to the table than Boyle.

Old
07-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Pizza

Fogarty could be a sleeper for us. There is some genuine talent there. I'm very hopeful and I'll be watching closely.

Old
07-27-2012, 11:55 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post

Good find thanks. I had the pleasure of watching Fogarty for a good bit in MN and am really excited about his potential and how things go with ND this season. All the tools are there.

Old
07-29-2012, 04:51 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers should have 3 of the top freshman in college hockey this coming season. Brady Skjei,Steven Fogarty and Boo Nieves.

WJC camp begins this Saturday

JT Miller,Skjei and Fogarty are invited. It will be an entire new team. Just 3 players from the 2012 team could be part of the 2013 team. Miller,Trouba and Gibson.

Have to figure Miller will make the team. If Miller is in the AHL,the Rangers would have to give permission for Miller to play.

Sjkei looks like he has a good chance of making the team.

Quote:
Additionally, all six of the 1994-born defensemen from the U.S. Men’s National Under-18 Team that won gold in the Czech Republic at the U18 Worlds made this camp. That D corps only allowed four goals all tournament and you have to believe at least four of those six are going to get a very long look for this team.
http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...tial-thoughts/

Quote:
Still, Team USA’s defensive corps, including highly-touted prospects Seth Jones, Jacob Trouba, Brady Skjei, Patrick Sieloff, Matt Grzelcyk, Connor Carrick and Will Butcher, were the talk of the tournament.
Quote:
“Once we got a lead on a team, there was no way we were going to give it up,” said Skjei, who finished with a team-high plus-10 rating.
http://usahockeymagazine.com/article/2012-06/four-kind

Butcher is the only player not invited to the US Camp. He is a 95 born player.

Quote:
Brady Skjei — U.S. U18s — U.S. National Teams have been built on speed and skating for years and that just so happens to be what Skjei does best. On top of it all, he’s a 6-3, 200 defenseman who can be physical and has vastly improved his defensive abilities. Unlike a lot of the other Dmen in camp, Skjei is not a pure puck-mover, but he’s not inept offensively. He’s definitely better in his own end and can really do a lot of damage with his feet. Still, he makes a good first pass out of the zone and provides terrific support in transition. As part of the top-four D that helped Team USA thwart some of the most skilled players in the 1994 age-group, Skjei has proven abilities internationally, which will be important for his chances. This defenseman should go somewhere in the second half of the first round.
http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...r-camp-roster/

Its wide open for Fogarty to capture a spot with a good camp and good first 1/2 freshman season at Notre Dame. 1 returning forward in Miller.

Nieves wasn't invited but he could still be in mix with a strong few months at Michigan.

Fogarty is intriguing. The Rangers like him. They liked Stepan and took him in the 2nd round. The Rangers liked Fogarty and Stepan more than other teams did. The Rangers wanted to select Fogarty with one of their 2 2nds in 2011 but they traded both of them along with Roman Horak for Timmy Erixon. They traded their 3rd in 11 to FLA for Bryan McCabe. The Rangers still found a way to select Fogarty by trading Evgeny Grachev to STL for a 3rd round pick. Fogarty didn't attend Rangers prospects camp last month because he is taking summer school classes at Notre Dame.

Speaking of Grachev

Blues beat writer Jeremy Rutherford does a weekly chat

Quote:
Not unless there's an injury. Hitchcock and the organization like Grachev, but until he shows a little more, he's a depth player.
http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Blues...ord_8/35988788

http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Blues...rford_8?Page=1

Old
07-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
I will be moving to Oakville, Ontario in December. Hopefully I can catch some OHL games. Most likely games in Mississauga since they are the closest to Oakville. Just need to pick my spots with the tickets to hopefully catch some Ranger prospects.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:32 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Skjei sounds like he could eventually become a quicker version of Girardi.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:47 AM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I will be moving to Oakville, Ontario in December. Hopefully I can catch some OHL games. Most likely games in Mississauga since they are the closest to Oakville. Just need to pick my spots with the tickets to hopefully catch some Ranger prospects.
Nice, what's the reason behind your move? I'm currently trying to work on a move to Kitchener by 2013. Got some buddies there who own a house and have an extra room. Was just up there for 2 weeks in mid July. I love Ontario. Always have wanted to live in Canada since I was about 13, so gonna give it a shot hopefully. Definitely will be attending as many Kitchener Rangers games as possible. I absolutely love OHL hockey.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:11 AM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Skjei sounds like he could eventually become a quicker version of Girardi.
I dunno. To me he sounds more like a bigger version of Bobby Orr.

But better.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Nice, what's the reason behind your move? I'm currently trying to work on a move to Kitchener by 2013. Got some buddies there who own a house and have an extra room. Was just up there for 2 weeks in mid July. I love Ontario. Always have wanted to live in Canada since I was about 13, so gonna give it a shot hopefully. Definitely will be attending as many Kitchener Rangers games as possible. I absolutely love OHL hockey.
My brother got engaged and my parents decided it was time for a change in a more family-oriented area near. We are planning to live in the same neighborhood as my uncle, which is exciting for both families. I'm very excited. And I absolutely agree with you, I love Canada and it's my favorite country to visit.

Kitchener always pumps out star prospects, it'll be fun to watch future stars before anyone knew about them!

Old
07-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Ziostilon

i think i asked about this last season, on whether Oscar Lindberg is coming over

with the contract now, does that mean he'll be with the whale next year

Old
07-31-2012, 07:16 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
i think i asked about this last season, on whether Oscar Lindberg is coming over

with the contract now, does that mean he'll be with the whale next year
no. he will most likely be in europe for another year

Old
07-31-2012, 07:16 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
no. he will most likely be in europe for another year
Staying in Sweden for one more year. ELC wouldn't start until next year.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:19 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Staying in Sweden for one more year. ELC wouldn't start until next year.
im pretty sure we lose a year on the ELC with both him and fast playing in sweden this year.

Old
08-01-2012, 03:29 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Kinda OT and very early - but...

In 2013 we have the 6 following draft picks ( 2 more than this year actually):
* 2nd round NYR
* 3rd Round Florida
* 3rd Round Nashville
* 3rd round NYR
* 4th round NYR
* 6th round NYR

We lost our 1st rounder to Columbus in the Nash trade, our 5th rounder in a swap with Nasheville ( where we picked Thomas Spelling this year instead) and our 7th rounder in the Christenssen deal to Minnesota.
We also have an additional 5th rounder in the 2014 draft ( for Casey Wellman) from Florida, which is an indirect remnant of the Christenssen trade.
I would think we try to trade up if something comes along Gorton/Clark like. No?

Old
08-01-2012, 06:41 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Also have Columbus' 3rd unless we make the SCF.

Old
08-01-2012, 09:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Breakdown of the US defensmen invited to the WJC camp. http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...semen-in-camp/

Old
08-01-2012, 10:13 AM
NYR Viper

Thanks RB, that was a good read

Closed Thread