Nemeth 0 0%
R. Smith 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
You can't base your top prospects on NHL readiness. That takes away alot of the reason Chiasson would go high on this list.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:12 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
You can't base your top prospects on NHL readiness. That takes away alot of the reason Chiasson would go high on this list.
not really. I think the general feeling for most people is that Chiasson will be better than you seem to think he will be.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
not really. I think the general feeling for most people is that Chiasson will be better than you seem to think he will be.
I think he's got potetnial to be a 60 point forward, I don't know how you guys think he's better than that.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:47 PM
txomisc

Quote:
I think he's got potetnial to be a 60 point forward, I don't know how you guys think he's better than that.
That seems like a fair number. A 60 point two way forward with good leadership qualities. I guess he is not an ideal top 3 prospect but seems on par with anyone we have. I see you have Faksa number 1 what do you project his production to be? I'd say 60 points as a number 2 center is reasonable.

btw I think the top 4 or 5 prospects are very close

Old
07-18-2012, 06:08 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Am I missing something or can I not vote on the mobile version?...will be without computer for the next few days. If not my vote is for Chiasson if it's possible for Piqued to manually input a vote.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:16 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Should be a mixture of the two in my opinion. I differ slightly though in calling it NHL readiness; for me it's more about him appearing to have a better chance than many others of reaching his potential. To me it's becoming less about some mythical ceiling and more about his ability to reach a pretty realistic but still high potential.

We don't have a true blue chip prospect in my mind so banking on some crazy high potential in ranking these guys isn't really an option to me.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:25 PM
DMaz16
@DMaz16

Voted Campbell based on his potential and the fact that I don't want to penalize him for having middling stats on middling teams... I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in Texas

Will vote Eakin next for the reasons I said in the first discussion... I agree with Jere26, I think if Dallas had drafted this guy instead of traded for him there would be considerably more buzz on these boards

I also think Glennie should be added next

DMaz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Ub the Bub

Like I suspected, Faksa won't win the first round so he'll get my vote next time too... But if he had won, Oleksiak would have been next.

Ub the Bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Where are previous results so we can see all the top voted busts?

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:39 PM
starsfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Momentum View Post
Voted Campbell based on his potential and the fact that I don't want to penalize him for having middling stats on middling teams... I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in Texas

Will vote Eakin next for the reasons I said in the first discussion... I agree with Jere26, I think if Dallas had drafted this guy instead of traded for him there would be considerably more buzz on these boards

I also think Glennie should be added next
Do you have any descriptions about Eakin's game? Just curious about the player since I don't know much about him. I agree on Campbell, and it's why I ranked him no 1 overall. He's got the work ethic, talent to be in the upper tier of goalies when he is finally ready.

starsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
catters078

Voted Faksa 1. I think he has more potential than just number 2 C. i think he could be a centre version of Loui eriksson..a Patrice bergeron type, with more offensive potential than bergeron.

For me its a toss up between Oleksiak and Chiasson for 2/3

Campbell 4

I am not taking NHL readiness into account, just purely who i think our best kid is.

Last edited by catters078: 07-18-2012 at 08:54 PM.
catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
That seems like a fair number. A 60 point two way forward with good leadership qualities. I guess he is not an ideal top 3 prospect but seems on par with anyone we have. I see you have Faksa number 1 what do you project his production to be? I'd say 60 points as a number 2 center is reasonable.

btw I think the top 4 or 5 prospects are very close
Probably a little higher, and he's better defensively/physically, which is why I'd have him ahead.

I think they're all close aswell anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Am I missing something or can I not vote on the mobile version?...will be without computer for the next few days. If not my vote is for Chiasson if it's possible for Piqued to manually input a vote.
Never been able to use polls on mobile, it's one of the biggest players. You can switch to desktop version and switch back though.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:42 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Where are previous results so we can see all the top voted busts?
Campbell has had the top spot the past 2 years. The year before Vishnevskiy was #1 and Benn #2. I don't remember any further back, we might not have been doing them before that.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 04:02 AM
English stars fan

I voted Campbell simply because of his high ceiling. This season will be telling but he has a decent D to play behind for the first time in goodness knows how long.

My 2nd vote is Chiasson - serious top line potential and at worst will be a very good 3rd liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Oh, and I forgot to mention this, but any votes by people I don't recognize will be disregarded, so don't bother. If you're a Stars fan who's just new to the board, post in here and introduce yourself and your vote will count.
Sorry, been around the board for a little while but don't post very often. Name's Iain, based in the UK, and been a fan since about 2000/01.

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Campbell has had the top spot the past 2 years. The year before Vishnevskiy was #1 and Benn #2. I don't remember any further back, we might not have been doing them before that.
Yeah! That's the type of gold I want to see

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:16 AM
HockeyGambit

Don't know if my vote will count as I don't post that much but I voted Campbell. The Stars have alot of good prospects with potential but I don't think I've heard any other prospects potentialy being franchise level like Campbell. I was kind of hesitent on voting a goalie as the top prospect becuase they can be hit or miss. As far as how voting who the top prospect is I think it should always be on potential and not NHL readiness.

HockeyGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:39 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
Sorry, been around the board for a little while but don't post very often. Name's Iain, based in the UK, and been a fan since about 2000/01.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGambit View Post
Don't know if my vote will count as I don't post that much but I voted Campbell.
I recognize both of you, not to worry.

I think I'm going to go ahead and call this one. I don't think anyone is catching Campbell.

Old
07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Hey, he got us Lehtonen! He was fantastic for us for that reason alone.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 03:17 PM
txomisc

Quote:
well its not like we had anyone else to choose

Old
07-19-2012, 03:48 PM
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Quote:
I recognize both of you, not to worry.

I think I'm going to go ahead and call this one. I don't think anyone is catching Campbell.
I can only imagine the mental anguish you suffered while typing that.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:00 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

I would've been shocked if Campbell didn't win.

Old
07-19-2012, 06:58 PM
DMaz16
@DMaz16

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan4ever View Post
Do you have any descriptions about Eakin's game? Just curious about the player since I don't know much about him. I agree on Campbell, and it's why I ranked him no 1 overall. He's got the work ethic, talent to be in the upper tier of goalies when he is finally ready.
The thing I like most about him is that he's balls to the wall every shift. He's got good speed and unlike some guys with speed to burn he's actually got solid hands. His defensive game is a lot further along than his offensive game as his offensive awareness is one of the weaker points of his game however he'll still get points just based on his pretty solid physical skills and effort level. I think he's the kinda guy you can put on a line with two offensive first guys, who'll do the dirty work in the corners and allow them more opportunities to gamble offensively.

I think Eakin is basically the Dillon of our forward prospects.. He's NHL ready and he's kinda an unheralded late bloomer.. however I think Eakin's potential is a lot higher

DMaz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:13 AM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Should be a mixture of the two in my opinion. I differ slightly though in calling it NHL readiness; for me it's more about him appearing to have a better chance than many others of reaching his potential. To me it's becoming less about some mythical ceiling and more about his ability to reach a pretty realistic but still high potential.

We don't have a true blue chip prospect in my mind so banking on some crazy high potential in ranking these guys isn't really an option to me.
For me, it's not so much NHL readiness as it is how a prospect has improved year-to-year. For example, maybe your opinion is that Faksa has a higher ceiling than Chiasson. I would still value Chiasson a bit higher because we have read about his continuing improvement for a few years now.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote